Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #16
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
Don't get your panties all twisted, I don't think anyone here is justifying the cop's actions. Especially considering it looks like the dumb, drunk guy was actually trying to help the cops. I just find it funny that people say cops should have subdued rather than tazer when they use it, but also say they should use the tazer when they choose to physically subdue someone.

No matter what, the cops are wrong in his eyes.

Should have tazed him. No, you should have just restrained him. Don't pull your weapon. You got shot? Should have pulled your weapon.

Fact is, these cops don't know anything about this guy other than they were trying to arrest a known criminal with a warrant, and this dude jumped into the fray. For all they know, the guy was an accomplice with a violent criminal history of his own.

Fact is, if anyone in this thread were in the officers position, they wouldn't have been standing there asking nicely. They'd have been putting that guys head through the ground, or curling up in a ball as the dude grabs their gun.

Its really easy to say 'you should have done...' from your keyboard, but as someone who has actually been through these situations, its not so black and white.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:30 PM   #17
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst
 
sd3035's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,920
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

I guess he learned to comply
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #18
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,165
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
No matter what, the cops are wrong in his eyes.

Should have tazed him. No, you should have just restrained him. Don't pull your weapon. You got shot? Should have pulled your weapon.

Fact is, these cops don't know anything about this guy other than they were trying to arrest a known criminal with a warrant, and this dude jumped into the fray. For all they know, the guy was an accomplice with a violent criminal history of his own.

Fact is, if anyone in this thread were in the officers position, they wouldn't have been standing there asking nicely. They'd have been putting that guys head through the ground, or curling up in a ball as the dude grabs their gun.

Its really easy to say 'you should have done...' from your keyboard, but as someone who has actually been through these situations, its not so black and white.

More like no matter what the cops actions are justified in your eyes even when we have clear video footage of them going overboard and using excessive force. There is more than 4 cops on the scene and you cant subdue a drunk dude without repeatedly punching him in the face and bashing his head in the concrete? He clearly wasnt a threat at that point. Just use your mace if you have to. I wanna see you show me a single example of what you would qualify as cop brutality because it seems like there is no such thing in your world.

Its like there is no in between for you guys, either pull your gun and shoot him 10 times point blank or smash his brain until hes paralyzed and not responding. Thats probably the only 2 options you have when dealing with a resisting suspect right?

And stop using anyone in this thread as a justification for what the cops did. Fact is most people in this thread aren't trained police officers and haven't signed up or got the training to deal with those stressful situations. You cant keep cops to the same standards as a regular joe on the internet
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #19
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
More like no matter what the cops actions are justified in your eyes even when we have clear video footage of them going overboard and using excessive force. There is more than 4 cops on the scene and you cant subdue a drunk dude without repeatedly punching him in the face and bashing his head in the concrete? He clearly wasnt a threat at that point. Just use your mace if you have to. I wanna see you show me a single example of what you would qualify as cop brutality because it seems like there is no such thing in your world.

Its like there is no in between for you guys, either pull your gun and shoot him 10 times point blank or smash his brain until hes paralyzed and not responding. Thats probably the only 2 options you have when dealing with a resisting suspect right?

And stop using anyone in this thread as a justification for what the cops did. Fact is most people in this thread aren't trained police officers and haven't signed up or got the training to deal with those stressful situations. You cant keep cops to the same standards as a regular joe on the internet

I've pointed out on more than one occasion when the officers were in the wrong. And when I've said they were in the wrong, they've been charged.

So far on this forum, I am batting 1000. You, are not.

If anything, you're the one that's blinded. I call it like I see it. You call it like you see it. The difference is, I've been on BOTH sides of a lot of these circumstances. You haven't, which is why you only see things from one point of view.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13,837
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I've pointed out on more than one occasion when the officers were in the wrong. And when I've said they were in the wrong, they've been charged.

So far on this forum, I am batting 1000. You, are not.

If anything, you're the one that's blinded. I call it like I see it. You call it like you see it. The difference is, I've been on BOTH sides of a lot of these circumstances. You haven't, which is why you only see things from one point of view.

nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #21
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

I'm still batting 1,000.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #22
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,165
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I've pointed out on more than one occasion when the officers were in the wrong. And when I've said they were in the wrong, they've been charged.

So far on this forum, I am batting 1000. You, are not.

If anything, you're the one that's blinded. I call it like I see it. You call it like you see it. The difference is, I've been on BOTH sides of a lot of these circumstances. You haven't, which is why you only see things from one point of view.

You arent batting 1000 for shit. Proof is in the pudding right here in this thread with you defending the cops action saying it was justified when it clearly wasnt warranted. I dont know what place you were raised in where its allowed to bash someone's skull on the concrete when they clearly aren't a threat anymore simply because they didnt put their hands behind their back.

And then you go and use regular joe off the internet saying they couldnt do any better in that same situation as if that makes any sense. Like the people here have signed up and followed the cops training and should be held to the same standard
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #23
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,068
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Whenever the police taze someone on video versus physically restraining them or for instance pulling them out of their car, people always cry, "why did they need to use the tazer! They could have easily subdued them!"
I almost always defend the police, but this is something I can't defend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Was he behaving in a way that warranted tasing before the video started rolling?
Doesn't matter. There's no justification for what the officer did. Dude needs to be locked up for felony assault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe 5 seconds before the video started recording, the suspect and the officer initially engaged and he didn't have time to pull it out (that's what she said).
Dude, I think you should watch the video again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
But you'll notice one of the officers not involved in the scuffle was the one to tase him. If you can tase someone while trying to force them to place their hands behind their back at the same time, then you should go teach techniques to the departments because as far as I know, they haven't come up with a way to do such a thing yet.


Dude didn't even try to restrain him and was beating the shit out of the drunk guy. Even when the other officers tried to stop the scumbag, he was still trying to punch the drunk dude.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 27,323
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
How the f*ck are you supposed to place your hands behind your back when you are repeatedly getting punched in the face and getting your face smashed into the ground with a guy sitting on top of you?

your survival instinct will for sure take over and you will try to cover up your face or try to stop the attack no matter what. I swear there is people on this site who believe that cops can do no wrong and that excessive force doesnt exist. There is no doubt other ways to subdue a guy when he isnt a threat anymore and you outnumber him 5 to 1. This is pretty much a murder attempt

I wouldn't go as far as saying it is murder, but I agree with you.

Police are there to protect and serve. They should be there trying to calm a situation, not escalate. A lot of the times they are far too aggressive from the get go with seamlessly harmless people.
And I get the dangers of their job, and they are constantly under pressure of the perp having a gun or weapon, but that could all be solved if stricter gun laws are put in place.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #25
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,550
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle


You're an asian.


What do you have to do with BLM movement and this witchhunt on cops?

Last edited by poido123 : 09-23-2017 at 08:14 PM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #26
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,550
Default Re: Pittsburgh police smashes mans head into the pavement

Blaming your failed life on cops is like admitting you are a powerless junkie.


poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy