Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-26-2017, 12:36 AM   #151
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Default Re: Week 3 Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
IDK

Week 1 he was shadowed by Jenkins

Week 2 shadowed by Talib

Week 3 shadowed by Peterson

He's faced serious DB competition

Butler is really stepping up as a solid WR

No doubt. All I'm saying is, besides those red zone td's he's been quiet for most of these 3 weeks. Cowboys are going to need him to be more than that. Dez is supposed to be a top guy in this league too.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:23 AM   #152
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Enjoy the win rocc steady !

Good look fam. I have a fire design for your Hawks, let u know when they're in print.

fOnky
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #153
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
We got an ass whooping today, totally out coached, the biggest surprise was our poor OL play, it is the biggest strength to our team and they got man handled.

Yeah I'm surprised the defense looked as good as they did against a dangerous offense. Some nights you don't have it but the Skins were on another level, Swearinger and Brown were stampin cats.

I like the Raiders, Carr has ALWAYS been my favorite young QB from the past few yrs.

I may buy a Lynch Raiders jersey cuz I'm a big fan
Old 09-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #154
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Dallas does NOT have the best offense line in the NFL

Anyone making that claim at this point has not watched them this year.

I'm not getting too jacked over one really good convincing win but other than the SICK Eagles defense shutting down Fat Rob, the Skins offensive line has been awesome the last two games. They might be the best right now so far.

All the guys- Spencer Long, Brandon Schreff, of course Trent- the most unique T in the game and even who we thought was a bum, Shawn Lauvao put some BEAUTIFUL blocks with god timing to spring Thompson.

The line had a boot camp thing over the summer so they've been a close unit and working hard together, it shows off. The Rams supposedly have a beastly front 7 (which they do) but this is the second time in the last couple years the Skins OL took it to them and had Cs and Gs at the second level rumbling with a head of steam.

They call themselves the Hogs 2.0
Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 AM   #155
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
No doubt. All I'm saying is, besides those red zone td's he's been quiet for most of these 3 weeks. Cowboys are going to need him to be more than that. Dez is supposed to be a top guy in this league too.

I would be concerned about Dez if I was a cowboys fan. Dez has always relied heavily on his athleticism, and I think 8 years of NFL are starting to really take their toll on his athletic ability. No doubt the TD he had today was an unbelievable show of athleticism, but overall I thought he looked slow and flustered most of the night.

I dont think Bryants struggles can be blamed on the defenders unless you are conceding that he is no longer one of the leagues true WR1s. The best WRs in the league (guys like Brown, Julio, OBJ, Jordy) are almost always able to overcome a difficult defensive matchup... thats part of what makes them the best WRs in the league.

Dez hasnt really been fully healthy since 2014, and in his last 25 games going back to the start of 2015 he only has 1300 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 catches of 40+ yards. for comparison he had 1300 yards, 16 TDs and 5 catch of 40+ in 2014 alone.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #156
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
I would be concerned about Dez if I was a cowboys fan. Dez has always relied heavily on his athleticism, and I think 8 years of NFL are starting to really take their toll on his athletic ability. No doubt the TD he had today was an unbelievable show of athleticism, but overall I thought he looked slow and flustered most of the night.

I dont think Bryants struggles can be blamed on the defenders unless you are conceding that he is no longer one of the leagues true WR1s. The best WRs in the league (guys like Brown, Julio, OBJ, Jordy) are almost always able to overcome a difficult defensive matchup... thats part of what makes them the best WRs in the league.

Dez hasnt really been fully healthy since 2014, and in his last 25 games going back to the start of 2015 he only has 1300 yards, 13 TDs, and 5 catches of 40+ yards. for comparison he had 1300 yards, 16 TDs and 5 catch of 40+ in 2014 alone.
This is false...Sherm, Norm, etc in their primes shut everyone down

There are not many teams that have the ability to use a CB to 'shadow'...Dez started the season facing 3 of them, arguably all 3 of those are top-5 CBs in the NFL.

Dez is going to go nuts next week...he has lost no athleticism at all...he was doing his usual acrobatic shit in the preseason.

Also...

Dez Bryant: 114 yards, 2 TDs

Odell Beckham: 115 yards, 2 TDs (he faced Dallas, maybe the worst secondary in the league)
Kelvin Benjamin: 110 yards, 0 TDs
Amari Cooper: 101 yards, 1 TD
Jeremy Maclin: 95 yards, 2 TDs

It's early...

If Dez struggles vs the Rams, who have no CB to shadow him, then maybe I'll be concerned.

I'm actually more concerned about our o-line, which looks 'good' but not 'elite' like they did last year. And our secondary which is arguably the worst secondary in the NFL. We were playing special team guys at CB last night. The secondary is the true weakness of the Dallas Cowboys
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #157
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Beckham was a scratch week 1.

Look at the comparables you put up for him...Kelvin Benjamin, Amari Cooper, and Maclin. All three of those guys are nice players. Nice isn't what I've come to expect from Dez. He is done as a top 5 wideout if that's who you see as his peers.

Some of it falls on Dak. He just can't or won't get Dez the ball like Romo. Dez needs to have a greater impact on the game across 12 quarters of football. I don't care if he's facing prime Deion Sanders.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #158
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Kevin King is a player in this league. He's going to be something special in the not too distant future. First start assignment vs AJ Green. Kid got beat his fair share but he got the better of Green on several plays Dalton wanted to go that direction. Those don't show up in the box score.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #159
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Oh shit I forgot Beckham sat that game...okay scratch that one lol

I'll just say I'll entertain this stuff if Dez has a quiet week 4. We'll see.

I predict 100+ yards and at least 1 TD

If he has a quiet week 4 then I'll be concerned...as of right now I just think he's faced an extremely difficult group of CBs
Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #160
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Good look fam. I have a fire design for your Hawks, let u know when they're in print.

fOnky

Word!! Let me know !
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #161
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Kevin King is a player in this league. He's going to be something special in the not too distant future. First start assignment vs AJ Green. Kid got beat his fair share but he got the better of Green on several plays Dalton wanted to go that direction. Those don't show up in the box score.

Yea he is.

A long beast. From u dub. We churn cbs.

How is he looking besides that ?
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #162
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
This is false...Sherm, Norm, etc in their primes shut everyone down

Not really. Sherman has been torched by Julio on more than one occasion just in the past year, and OBJ had a huge game against him the last time they faced off. Back in the day guys like Megatron and Brandon Marshall tended to perform well against Sherman too. From 2013 to mid 2016 Antonio Brown was about as matchup proof as they come, his game logs over that stretch are ridiculous.

Quote:
Dez is going to go nuts next week...he has lost no athleticism at all...he was doing his usual acrobatic shit in the preseason.

Maybe he will go nuts next week, I wouldnt be surprised if he does... but I still think he looks like he has lost some speed.

Quote:
Also...

Dez Bryant: 114 yards, 2 TDs

Odell Beckham: 115 yards, 2 TDs (he faced Dallas, maybe the worst secondary in the league)
Kelvin Benjamin: 110 yards, 0 TDs
Amari Cooper: 101 yards, 1 TD
Jeremy Maclin: 95 yards, 2 TDs

It's early...

Odell was out that week because of his ankle and he only played like 15 snaps in week 2.

Anyway, the stats are not the reason I hold this opinion about Dez. I watched all 3 cowboys games from start to finish, and based on the eye test alone Dez just doesnt look as physically dominant as he used to be imo (aside from that one play last night).

Time will tell

Last edited by Nanners : 09-26-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #163
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

man...if you're trying to argue that great CBs are ineffective against elite WRs that is just wrong. Norman shut down just about everyone he faced his last Carolina year. Think he had one bad game vs Julio and that is it. I think West Side has a thread dedicated to that in here.

Sherman had a year like that too

Good CBs limit WRs...I mean obviously.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ant/583714001/

^^^ that was this year

When I watched Dez this year, well first off he hasn't seen much camera time...but when they show him to me it looks like a very physical CB is all over him. Maybe that's my homer googles, idk. Rams game will say a lot here I think. No one will shadow Dez...Dallas should be able to get him in good situations and open up big plays for him. If that doesn't happen then maybe you're right.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #164
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
man...if you're trying to argue that great CBs are ineffective against elite WRs that is just wrong. Norman shut down just about everyone he faced his last Carolina year. Think he had one bad game vs Julio and that is it. I think West Side has a thread dedicated to that in here.

Sherman had a year like that too

Good CBs limit WRs...I mean obviously.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ant/583714001/

^^^ that was this year

When I watched Dez this year, well first off he hasn't seen much camera time...but when they show him to me it looks like a very physical CB is all over him. Maybe that's my homer googles, idk. Rams game will say a lot here I think. No one will shadow Dez...Dallas should be able to get him in good situations and open up big plays for him. If that doesn't happen then maybe you're right.

Obviously great CBs can and will slow down great WRs, I am just saying that the truly elite WR1s are often able to overcome a difficult matchup... thats part of what makes them elite.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #165
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Obviously great CBs can and will slow down great WRs, I am just saying that the truly elite WR1s are often able to overcome a difficult matchup... thats part of what makes them elite.
Dez has 114 yards and 2 TDs...maybe it could be said that should be ONE game for him, so Jenkins/Talib/Peterson slowed him down 2/3rds

Those are all damn good CBs...those are in a group of like 6 CBs in the NFL that are told to 'shadow' the other team's #1. It's not normal, most teams do not do that. I don't even think Seattle is doing that with Sherman any more. Dez has gotten super unlucky getting 3 in a row to start the year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: