Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-30-2017, 04:09 AM   #1
ROCSteady
One of One

Default New NFL Team Shirts Designed by Moi

Sup.

I am designing some really badass t-shirts for every NFL team that incorporate the history and city of each squad.

I would first like to let y'all know so that you can buy one when they're all printed up and I master the transfer for each.

Second, I wanted to get some input from some good loyal football fans.

What player HAS to be featured on a legacy shirt of your favorite team?

(I already have this portion covered fah sure but still welcome your thoughts and desires)

What aspect or iconography of your team city should be included somehow on your team's shirt?

Ex. Team History, city nicknames, associated state or city birds, flowers, symbols, whatever..

I value the minds here and would love your potential thoughts/ideas to incorporate.

So far, I have hand drawn, original personalized shirt designs for:

WSH
NYG
PHI
DAL
GB
PIT
BAL
ATL

this is the beginning of my line of shirts but rest assured, I hope to have all 32 clubs finished before the season is halfway finished.

IT takes a while to hand draw my designs and I did not go to school for art.

CHEERS

Last edited by ROCSteady : 08-30-2017 at 04:13 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 AM   #2
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: New NFL Team Shirts Designed by Moi

i would be interested in these if the designs are unique and you are printing on to some decent quality shirts

try not to let the NFL hear about this plan. they arent too keen on people making money off their property and i doubt you want to pay their licensing fees
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 AM   #3
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
i would be interested in these if the designs are unique and you are printing on to some decent quality shirts

try not to let the NFL hear about this plan. they arent too keen on people making money off their property and i doubt you want to pay their licensing fees

Dude, they are very unique, I'm really excited about gettig some to the fans.

I talked to Clinton Portis and I'm going to send him a Skins one. I told him it was a gift of appreciation for the physical, mental punishment an NFL RB makes. Told him if he likes it, to share with his Insta followers.

I'm going to consult with an IP lawyer most likely if they gain the steam I feel they will but the NFL doesn't have much grounds.

I'm using the city name on all except the Redskins (I can use all their fonts and logos still I believe because the trademark was rejected a couple years back and I'm not sure if it's reinstated.

No licensed photos, no full player names (most of the last names are common ayway, Jones, Sanders, Brown, Taylor, etc.

Even if the NFL wanted to send cease and desist letters to me, I'm not in violation of any trademark or licensed imagery that I am aware of.

What's your team?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:27 AM   #4
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Dude, they are very unique, I'm really excited about gettig some to the fans.

I talked to Clinton Portis and I'm going to send him a Skins one. I told him it was a gift of appreciation for the physical, mental punishment an NFL RB makes. Told him if he likes it, to share with his Insta followers.

I'm going to consult with an IP lawyer most likely if they gain the steam I feel they will but the NFL doesn't have much grounds.

I'm using the city name on all except the Redskins (I can use all their fonts and logos still I believe because the trademark was rejected a couple years back and I'm not sure if it's reinstated.

No licensed photos, no full player names (most of the last names are common ayway, Jones, Sanders, Brown, Taylor, etc.

Even if the NFL wanted to send cease and desist letters to me, I'm not in violation of any trademark or licensed imagery that I am aware of.

What's your team?

Well im no expert in IP law, but I am under the impression that any kind of likeness or imagery intended to depict a NFL player or team is protected (except perhaps with the redskins as you noted). Also, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar organization with a dedicated legal team, and organizations like this usually have no problem flexing their muscles and bullying the little guy regardless of whether they actually have a case or not. While you might technically be in the clear, if they actually brought a lawsuit and you wanted to fight it you would be on the hook for at least 5 figures worth of legal fees (probably more), regardless of whether you win or lose.

Anyway my team is the seahawks, but I would be interested in other teams too if they look cool
Old 08-30-2017, 06:21 AM   #5
ROCSteady
One of One

I realize that the NFL is a bunch of greedy fcks but I have a strong fighting spirit these days.

I'll bump the thread when I get some of the West Coast teams finished.

Until then, would love to hear what little details you would want to see on a shirt of your favorite team
Old 08-30-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

for the seahawks i would def be interested in something beastquake themed, or maybe something with a native american vibe kind of like their old logo. also for the hawks i would be more likely to buy something that is printed on a shirt that is green or white or grey or anything other than blue... cause i have like 4 different blue seahawks shirts and its hard to find good ones in any other color.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #7
TheSilentKiller
NBA Legend

Detroit Lions

1 - Definitely Barry Sanders. There is already so much Calvin merch, would be cool to give a throwback to the GOAT

2 - Either something to do with the motor industry or the city skyline

this is a dope thing you're doing
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:57 AM   #8
UK2K
NBA Legend

If you're as good as you think you are, and have images, post them here.

I could make you a rich man.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #9
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Well im no expert in IP law, but I am under the impression that any kind of likeness or imagery intended to depict a NFL player or team is protected (except perhaps with the redskins as you noted). Also, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar organization with a dedicated legal team, and organizations like this usually have no problem flexing their muscles and bullying the little guy regardless of whether they actually have a case or not. While you might technically be in the clear, if they actually brought a lawsuit and you wanted to fight it you would be on the hook for at least 5 figures worth of legal fees (probably more), regardless of whether you win or lose.

Anyway my team is the seahawks, but I would be interested in other teams too if they look cool

This.

If you make any sort of reference to JJ Watt, whether it be his name, his image, or a white stick figure wearing a generic blue and red #99 jersey, they will come down on you hard.

And they have a lot more money than you do.

That's why I say... if this is legit, and these look good, and are unique, I might be able to make you a boatload of money.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #10
nightlight
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
This.

If you make any sort of reference to JJ Watt, whether it be his name, his image, or a white stick figure wearing a generic blue and red #99 jersey, they will come down on you hard.

And they have a lot more money than you do.

That's why I say... if this is legit, and these look good, and are unique, I might be able to make you a boatload of money.
You're the dude who thinks it's no big deal to use someone's work without crediting them because anyone can go f*cking google the first sentence like he did. That's definitely where I'd go looking for advice in this situation.
nightlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
Mex-Laker
Serious playground baller

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1. Lee Roy Selmon
2. Derrick Brooks
2A. Doug Williams
3. Warren Sapp
4. Mike Alstott

I think it should be in that order.
Mex-Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #12
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
for the seahawks i would def be interested in something beastquake themed, or maybe something with a native american vibe kind of like their old logo. also for the hawks i would be more likely to buy something that is printed on a shirt that is green or white or grey or anything other than blue... cause i have like 4 different blue seahawks shirts and its hard to find good ones in any other color.

Yeah I was thinking something totem-esque.

I can do whatever shirt, whatever color
Old 08-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex-Laker
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1. Lee Roy Selmon
2. Derrick Brooks
2A. Doug Williams
3. Warren Sapp
4. Mike Alstott

I think it should be in that order.

Good shit homie.

I will be posting images when I print samples for each squad

Last edited by ROCSteady : 08-30-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #14
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:

Read above.

We have our own printing shop.

Any quality t-shirt I an get cheaper than most. Gildan, Port& Company, Hanes, Jerzees, etc. There's also a brand called Spectra that have amazing soft quality that would be IDEAL to print on, especially since these designs are quite intricate. ONly bad thing is that they're pricier than most.

ALL OF THE IMAGES ARE ORIGINAL DRAWN ARTWORK with my heart and soul put in em

Last edited by ROCSteady : 08-30-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:07 PM   #15
ROCSteady
One of One

Quote:

I'll make you Colts or whoever you f*** with.

Send you a free shirt if you can put me on.

Like I said, I'm sending one to Clinton Portis, we talked bout it via msg. He has like half a million followers. Mostly from DMV to Florida & Mississippi area I'm thinking
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: