Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #16
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: White Officer shoots white teen in the white city of huntington beach

lol wtf .. the guy was standing idly fixing his hair when the guy unloaded .. that looks like a murder .. I don't see that guy getting off if he went to trial but it probably won't get that far

actually on second look .. the guy was tugging at his holstered gun and then took something from the belt .. not sure if flashlight or pepper spray .. either way it looks like a weapon when he stands up and it looks like he's pointing it towards the cop .. tough call .. looks more like suicide by cop

Last edited by dude77 : 09-22-2017 at 07:28 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #17
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: White Officer shoots white teen in the white city of huntington beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
lol wtf .. the guy was standing idly fixing his hair when the guy unloaded .. that looks like a murder .. I don't see that guy getting off if he went to trial but it probably won't get that far

dude77 confronted with the mental dilemma of having to back up the police no matter what or standing up for a white victim...

We all know damn well which side he would be on if it was a black teen in this scenario.

Cops in USA are so weak they cant do shit without a weapon anytime there is a physical confrontation. They would never get a police officer job in any other country other than in the USA or Canada. I mean you could literally take another 15 year old frail teen to beat up the kid we just saw in this video
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #18
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
dude77 confronted with the mental dilemma of having to back up the police no matter what or standing up for a white victim...

We all know damn well which side he would be on if it was a black teen in this scenario.

Cops in USA are so weak they cant do shit without a weapon anytime there is a physical confrontation. They would never get a police officer job in any other country other than in the USA or Canada. I mean you could literally take another 15 year old frail teen to beat up the kid we just saw in this video

not all white people or people who side with cops are 'racist' contrary to your warped, paranoid thinking
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #19
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
batting 1000.
If I had to make a call right now, I'd say he's going to be charged and convicted of something.

Unless they find out the kid had a gun or something.

Maybe the suspect reached but once you increased the distance, not sure why he began blasting. Not only blasting, blasting numerous times.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #20
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Showed my friend that's a cop and he agreed with the shooting... said from the officers perspective the kid grabbed something off him and he probably didn't even immediately know what it was and it could have been something used to hinder or kill the officer and with my friends perspective in mind... I agree... 100% justified shooting.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 PM   #21
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

I don't think any police shooting is going to look like a justified shooting unless we're expecting to see some type of epic Hollywood shootout scene appear before our eyes.

While I'm no fan of the authority and attitude some police have over you, I'm also not a fan of people acting stupid and having police called on them in the first place.

Comply and don't die. And stay the **** out of trouble.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #22
qrich
King Heno

Welp, no idea what was with that final shot.

Rest though, is pretty much how I'd expect a situation to go when someone takes something off an officers belt in the midst of an altercation.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:39 AM   #23
plowking
Verticle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
wasn't murder. the kid was struggling with the cop, and held something that could have easily been mistaken for a weapon. i have no sympathy for him.

This is why your country is batshit.

You all want guns, your police are trigger happy, all these shootings with cops happen regularly. Yet go to England or Australia, and it isn't even a problem.

Baffling how some of you think guns and your culture aren't the problem.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:56 AM   #24
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
This is why your country is batshit.

You all want guns, your police are trigger happy, all these shootings with cops happen regularly. Yet go to England or Australia, and it isn't even a problem.

Baffling how some of you think guns and your culture aren't the problem.

The culture? 100% agreed.

I think that it will probably take some major, major bad event like multiple nukes or something and even then maybe after some generations...

I'm not kidding when I say this but Americans have it ingrained in them to compete and win at all costs, be the aggressor, and kick the other guy's ass. It's one of the things that made the country great in the first place imo... I could be wrong but that's what it seems like... any historians feel free to enlighten please.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #25
oh the horror
NBA Legend

THe really interesting thing to me is that people have been so absolutely conditioned to ingest this shit as normal that we've just passively accepted it. Even in this thread you see people struggling with the video because unloading on this person seemed so excessive, yet still you'll find people like "meh that's what happens"

This shooting was again another example of police not exhibiting any other training other than taking out that gun and mowing someone down. Dude wasn't even advancing or anything. You dudes need to get your shit together. Because they're going to continue to mentally push the boundaries on what we deem normal behavior from these cops.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:29 AM   #26
pauk
NBA Legend

WTF!!??! Ok so the kid refused to comply, took something from his belt (but not a gun or something), so what, officer backed away, the kid then got up calmly, fixed his hair, holding a flashlight or whatever it was down there not posing any threat or anything, was expecting the Officer to pull out his gun and talk to the kid, dunno, say something like "Ok Get down, put your hands up etc".... but he just sprayed him with bullets like it was Battlefield 4 or something.... WTFFFFFF.... 7 times though? Isnt one shot enough? No? Ok, how about 2? No? 3? No? Maybe 4? No? Why not shoot him on the foot, heck, even shoot him there 10 times... why shoot to KILL?

What a proud police officer... what a freakin job.... how can you live with yourself after taking somebodies life?
Hi honey how was your day?
I just emptied my clip on a kid, nvm that, lets go watch some Game of Thrones?

Last edited by pauk : 09-23-2017 at 05:44 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #27
dunksby
NBA Superstar

The boy either took the officer's expandable baton or his flashlight from him, if the former is the case, then the victim was holding a lethal weapon in his hands. Almost emptying a magazine at him was excessive though.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #28
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Doubt they all hit, but one did for sure... in his leg. He was trying to lift it, and got nothing.

Probably hit around his hip, shattering bone.

Adrenaline is pretty cool.

I'm kinda confused about this one, though.
The police officer is an incompetent or ill-trained one; he couldn't subdue a weaker person properly then proceeded to shoot like a civilian at a shooting range. The fact that he missed at close range basically confirms him being unfit for the job.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:57 AM   #29
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The boy either took the officer's expandable baton or his flashlight from him, if the former is the case, then the victim was holding a lethal weapon in his hands. Almost emptying a magazine at him was excessive though.

So what man, expandable baton? Oh myyyyyy!!! Im gona die!! I must empty my entire clip preferably on his head or heart before he even thinks of figuring out how that stick works!

I dont think anybody deserves to be KILLED unless they are holding a gun/explosive or something... if a guy is wielding a freakin Katana, i dont care, point the gun at him and talk to him, if it doesnt work, if he is running at you, OK then maybe fire a shot or two (in case if you missed) at his legs or just anywhere that doesnt end up with immediate death... ffs....

Last edited by pauk : 09-23-2017 at 06:07 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #30
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

#racism
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: