Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-23-2017, 02:31 AM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default My Apologies to Bless Matthews and Other Posters I get Into It With

My 40th is coming up and I've come to a hard reality check that I need to drop all this silly internet squabbling. I'm a grown man with family and it's not a good look. It sets a bad example for my kids. I need to revert back to how I used to post. Be level headed and easy going. I know it's entertainment for the Peanut Gallery, but it results into nothing positive.

Bless, you are who you are and that's fine. I don't need to get into your business. Take it as you will, but I'm just gonna move on.

That goes for the rest of you I tend to engage with. I always said I was a tolerant man but I really haven't exemplified it lately. I need to start acting my age.

Time to just go with the flow and try to get back to that place where I really enjoyed posting. Things aren't the way they used to be. You can only strive to make the situation better for yourself. Hope everyone the best here
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:14 AM   #2
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: My Apologies to Bless Matthews and Other Posters I get Into It With

aw does this mean you are going to stop posting those "my recent highschool drama" type threads? it seems like every time i have seen you get into it with another poster, its because that poster came into one of your personal story threads to clown on you.

for example

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=389346
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=408083
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=371843
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=417198
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=426451
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=427425

before you activate your traditional defense mechanism of accusing me of being "obsessed" or "rent free" or whatever, let the record show that it took me about 5 minutes to dig up those examples just by browsing through threads you created within the past couple years.

ps: me and you have "gotten into it" before, so if I am one of the people included in this apology I would like you to know that the apology is absolutely not accepted, and there is nothing to apologize for anyway.

pps: OP is a faggot

Last edited by Nanners : 09-23-2017 at 03:20 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:35 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

What I learned on any level of the internet is that when you share any personal situation or opinion you leave yourself vulnerable for people to attack. Whether it's social media or a message board is people take enjoyment in putting others down in order to make themselves feel better. What learned out of it is the problem isn't with me. And I shouldn't be offended by that. That person feeds of trying to make others feel worse. There's a weird satisfaction out of shaming someone.

I also learned people will remember you at your worst. People rarely acknowledge the good. I've accepted that. Which is why I'm not bothered by what you posted. I'm not dwelling on it and it won't bother me that other people are.

I also acknowledge that there will be people tying to bait me into banter in this thread because it's entertaining. I'm ready to move on from that. If that doesn't change then just move on from this board and recognize this place is not for me

Last edited by hateraid : 09-23-2017 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #4
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
What I learned on any level of the internet is that when you share any personal situation or opinion you leave yourself vulnerable for people to attack. Whether it's social media or a message board is people take enjoyment in putting others down in order to make themselves feel better. What learned out of it is the problem isn't with me. And I shouldn't be offended by that. That person feeds of trying to make others feel worse. There's a weird satisfaction out of shaming someone.

Did you find enjoyment in putting down the people you are apologizing to with this thread? I dont really think I put people down to make myself feel better, I feel just fine either way. When I put someone down its because they said some idiotic shit, and idiotic ideas and their creators should be clowned upon and/or destroyed.

Quote:
I also learned people will remember you at your worst. People rarely acknowledge the good. I've accepted that. Which is why I'm not bothered by what you posted. I'm not dwelling on it and it won't bother me that other people are.

And I thought I was cynical

I dont remember people at their worst. I remember you for posting juvenile questions about basic social situations and "drama". I remember bless for pretending to be black by intentionally mispelling words.

I have posted a ton of hostile and rude stuff on this site, yet I still see people acknowledging the few good things I post around here... even people I have aggressively attacked in the past like Hawker, Dresta, Nick Young, Primetime...etc, they dont seem to remember me at my worst.

Quote:
I also acknowledge that there will be people tying to bait me into banter in this because it's entertaining. I'm ready to move on from that. If that doesn't change then just move on from this board and recognize this place is not for me

If you dont want to get baited then why did you make this retarded thread in the first place? If you want to stop arguing with people, you dont need to make a public announcement about it... just stop arguing.

This thread is actually a perfect example of the "high school drama" type threads I was referring to. Only a high schooler would feel the need to publicly announce that they are going to start "acting their age" on an anonymous internet forum.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-23-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:10 AM   #5
hateraid
Is it in you?

Sorry feel that way. None of it was directed at you. You're entitled to interpret it however you want.

If Bless and others feel that same way then all good in the hood. I said my peace and will move on no matter how they accept it
Old 09-23-2017, 06:15 AM   #6
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

do you think this is a gOame? you cant undue the things you have said.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:32 AM   #7
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Why do you feel like you have to announce every little thing that goes through your head? Every little decision you make, every small tweak in your lifestyle or thought process you figure is necessary to better yourself is not something you gotta share with others.
Self-restraint is a sign of maturity, staying silent instead of saying something without thought, staying your hand before taking a rash action; basically contemplating on what you see or hear. If you are so expressive and need to share your thoughts and personal feelings; then choose the right audience for it, I figure your immediate family would be a much better choice than any virtual community.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Why do you feel like you have to announce every little thing that goes through your head? Every little decision you make, every small tweak in your lifestyle or thought process you figure is necessary to better yourself is not something you gotta share with others.
Self-restraint is a sign of maturity, staying silent instead of saying something without thought, staying your hand before taking a rash action; basically contemplating on what you see or hear. If you are so expressive and need to share your thoughts and personal feelings; then choose the right audience for it, I figure your immediate family would be a much better choice than any virtual community.

I'm very expressive and open with my friends and family. Which is why I have such a strong base at home. I have a great career and achieved great success.

I thought the anonymous factor of a message board would be a harmless place to share those thoughts and paint a colorful community. 10 years ago those thoughts were well received and openly shared by others. Just like every social media site was in its inception. And just like every media site it became a place for the opportunistic to be the as$holes they long to be.

I knew going into this it wasn't going to be well received. But it's part of my own spiritual cleansing. Like natejiz says you can't undo what you have already done. But it's at least a step to clear the air with others. As insignificant as it may be to most, or a ploy for attention, it's somwthing I felt appropriate and hope the people it's directed towards appreciate.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #9
CelticBaller
You mad?

You were right tho

Adidas just jumped over the Junpman

Yeezy >>>
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #10
stalkerforlife
Banned

We are all forgiven through the blood of Christ.

Don't let others break you down with guilt trips.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #11
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
aw does this mean you are going to stop posting those "my recent highschool drama" type threads? it seems like every time i have seen you get into it with another poster, its because that poster came into one of your personal story threads to clown on you.

for example

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=389346
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=408083
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=371843
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=417198
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=426451
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=427425

before you activate your traditional defense mechanism of accusing me of being "obsessed" or "rent free" or whatever, let the record show that it took me about 5 minutes to dig up those examples just by browsing through threads you created within the past couple years.

ps: me and you have "gotten into it" before, so if I am one of the people included in this apology I would like you to know that the apology is absolutely not accepted, and there is nothing to apologize for anyway.

pps: OP is a faggot

butthurt
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #12
UK2K
NBA Legend

Nobody should take this board seriously.

If this is anything more than a way to pass the time...
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: