Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 05:07 AM   #226
Dresta
A humble prophet
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medina
Posts: 10,492
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
"Mr. Fryer emphasizes that the work is not the definitive analysis of police shootings, and that more data would be needed to understand the country as a whole."

I'm talking 300 years. And Harvard has always produced apologist black scholars.
Ahhh, yes, the old "he's an Oreo" argument--keep trying to drag down anyone who seeks an escape from your mindless cult of victimisation and whining about oppression why don't you? How dare any fellow black have enough self-respect to not want to view themselves as an eternal victims: how dare they!!
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #227
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Sounds like a culture issue if you think getting an education makes you a black apologist.

Hell no WEB Dubois, he created Social Science, was a great scholar and he's got Harvard in his background somewhere. Its just some of them. Certain institutions will finance your education and promote people like Clarence Thomas because it appeases white culture to have guys like him.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #228
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Ahhh, yes, the old "he's an Oreo" argument--keep trying to drag down anyone who seeks an escape from your mindless cult of victimisation and whining about oppression why don't you? How dare any fellow black have enough self-respect to not want to view themselves as an eternal victims: how dare they!!

As above, certain institutions will finance your education and promote people like Clarence Thomas because it appeases white culture to have guys like him. If anybody here has gone to a reputable Law school since 2005 they will tell you that they don't have to study Clarence Thomas because his views were Scalia's despite having a very different upbringing. I don't know if he's ever made a decision that reflects his human upbringing. He was that devoid of independence. But he got promoted along the way because he appeased people like you: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=200

Thurgood Marshall had won 29 of 32 cases he brought before the Supreme Court and all reflected improvements of his upbringing. And all of his 29 victories brought about great change in a period where attitudes weren't ready to change. Who wouldn't make a distinction between the two?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #229
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You know what other drug has the exact same level of harsh punishment as crack? Crystal meth. You know who overwhelmingly are the users of crystal meth? White people.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason crack and crystal meth have harsher punishments than powder cocaine is because they are both more addictive and more destructive than powder cocaine.
Then why go after the users? That makes no sense? Your later statements cancel out your earlier ones. They don't go after Meth users the same way they did crack users, that's not true. I would incidentally come up on articles about how the users of each were portrayed differently and were treated differently. They went hard at chemical suppliers and dealers with Meth. When TPOLs said look at the film 13 on Netflix it shows you the long tradition of incarceration and its disproportion on black communities. How it intentionally was a way to get slave production after slavery.
Quote:
Also, the fact that in the 80s black leaders specifically demanded the government crackdown hard on crack because it was devastating black communities.

But I guess it's more fun to just pretend it's a racist conspiracy.
You have trouble understanding things. Black leaders never said go after the users. Many blacks were showing where drug dealers were dealing crack and the police wouldn't do anything. There were TV shows about it.

Last edited by Pointguard : 09-27-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:29 PM   #230
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 22,286
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65483303923712

from 2013
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #231
bladefd
NBA lottery pick
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,281
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

"President should not be telling people to boycott the nfl-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense"
-bladefd
bladefd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #232
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,231
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
As above, certain institutions will finance your education and promote people like Clarence Thomas because it appeases white culture to have guys like him. If anybody here has gone to a reputable Law school since 2005 they will tell you that they don't have to study Clarence Thomas because his views were Scalia's despite having a very different upbringing. I don't know if he's ever made a decision that reflects his human upbringing. He was that devoid of independence. But he got promoted along the way because he appeased people like you: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...&postcount=200

Thurgood Marshall had won 29 of 32 cases he brought before the Supreme Court and all reflected improvements of his upbringing. And all of his 29 victories brought about great change in a period where attitudes weren't ready to change. Who wouldn't make a distinction between the two?
Sounds like there's a culture problem bud. You only like black people "down for the cause." The Supreme Court is there to make decisions based on the constitution and not based on your personal upbringing. It should absolutely be devoid of independence. Lot of whites obviously don't like Thomas either so I don't know where your "appeasement to white culture" thing even comes from.

Social science has been around way before WEB Debois lol...

Last edited by Hawker : 09-27-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:16 AM   #233
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Sounds like there's a culture problem bud. You only like black people "down for the cause." The Supreme Court is there to make decisions based on the constitution and not based on your personal upbringing.
They definitely are picked because of their slant and experience along with the slant and experience of the President selecting them. Women are on the supreme court because they are women. Different experiences do make it a bit richer in its interpretation of the law.
Quote:
It should absolutely be devoid of independence.
You mean he should have been dependent and parrot Scalia? This guy went ten years without asking a question from the bench. He's 1 of 8 people deciding the legal guide of the nation. And you think he should should be more dependent? He lacks confidence, obviously since he doesn't draw from his experiences. I dislike that.
Quote:

Lot of whites obviously don't like Thomas either so I don't know where your "appeasement to white culture" thing even comes from.
Republicans.

Do you think he gets picked by Republicans if he's more like Huey Newton? Its a known fact that the right loves and adopts Blacks like Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas. They will get leverage from Republicans. Are you still not understanding this.
Quote:
Social science has been around way before WEB Debois lol...
"He was the first to use a very scientific approach to studying social phenomenon. He is often called the father of Social Science."
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #234
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,231
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
They definitely are picked because of their slant and experience along with the slant and experience of the President selecting them. Women are on the supreme court because they are women. Different experiences do make it a bit richer in its interpretation of the law.

You mean he should have been dependent and parrot Scalia? This guy went ten years without asking a question from the bench. He's 1 of 8 people deciding the legal guide of the nation. And you think he should should be more dependent? He lacks confidence, obviously since he doesn't draw from his experiences. I dislike that.
Republicans.

Do you think he gets picked by Republicans if he's more like Huey Newton? Its a known fact that the right loves and adopts Blacks like Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas. They will get leverage from Republicans. Are you still not understanding this.

"He was the first to use a very scientific approach to studying social phenomenon. He is often called the father of Social Science."

You shouldn't draw from your experiences. You should be drawing from the constitution. What you're suggesting would corrupt the purpose of the supreme court.

He gets picked by Republicans because he's conservative and respects the constitution. He performs the job how you're meant to not willy nilly based on your experience. Why have the law if you're going to judge purely based on your experience?

Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas became republicans/conservatives based on their own free will. That's pretty much evidenced by how heavily the black population votes democrat. To differ from that local neighborhood and peer pressure would take some personal research, self reflection and self awareness instead of just doing what you're supposed to do based on your skin color.

Social science is such a broad term dude...the ideas America was founded on could be branded under the umbrella of social science. Natural philosophy, age of enlightment, pretty much all philosophy. What Karl Marx wrote about is filed under social sciences.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #235
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You shouldn't draw from your experiences. You should be drawing from the constitution. What you're suggesting would corrupt the purpose of the supreme court.
You really think it isn't corrupt now? Merrick Garland was one great nomination and he wasn't even considered. And his politics were very close to center.

On to the other part of your quote. human's draw from their experiences - it's how we're wired. Its a fairy tale to think otherwise.
Quote:
He gets picked by Republicans because he's conservative and respects the constitution. He performs the job how you're meant to not willy nilly based on your experience. Why have the law if you're going to judge purely based on your experience?
Where did I say purely on your experience. But don't get that wrong, no experience and you're not human.
Quote:
Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas became republicans/conservatives based on their own free will. That's pretty much evidenced by how heavily the black population votes democrat. To differ from that local neighborhood and peer pressure would take some personal research, self reflection and self awareness instead of just doing what you're supposed to do based on your skin color.
Or it could just mean he personally reject every aspect of their experience and have an incredible sense of self hate: As evidenced by Clarence Thomas consistently rejecting his experiences. He didn't reject affirmative action when he was receiving it. It takes no awareness whatsoever to be too scared to talk, lack confidence, and be to scared to use your experiences to assist your position in life.
Quote:
Social science is such a broad term dude...the ideas America was founded on could be branded under the umbrella of social science. Natural philosophy, age of enlightenment, pretty much all philosophy. What Karl Marx wrote about is filed under social sciences.

Social Science isn't social philosophy. Karl Marx is a bad example. It has some science in those books but most of it is based on Philosophy. WEB Dubois is often called the Father of Social Science not by me. His book the Philadelphia Negro, has not one preceding book that approaches it's scientific approach to social phenomena like it. Not ONE book.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:07 AM   #236
dude77
NBA rookie of the year
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,699
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

so I hear teams talking about 'standing' for the anthem this week .. President Trump runnin' shit
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #237
ROCSteady
One of One
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,933
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Dale Hansen (Dallas Sports guy) just went ape shit on Trump pregame Cowboys and Hansen is a conservative who fought in Vietnam.

The entire reason US soldiers fight is so that the rest of us have the freedom to protest




US Soldiers fight to jockey for more bases in strategic areas of the world and to strong arm resources from places with shit we don't have in excess
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #238
Dresta
A humble prophet
 
Dresta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Medina
Posts: 10,492
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard

Social Science isn't social philosophy. Karl Marx is a bad example. It has some science in those books but most of it is based on Philosophy. WEB Dubois is often called the Father of Social Science not by me. His book the Philadelphia Negro, has not one preceding book that approaches it's scientific approach to social phenomena like it. Not ONE book.
"social science" is philosophy--it's rooted in positivism, of the most dogmatic sort, and it's mostly nonsensical attempts to quantify the unquantifiable and to ignore almost everything qualitative about sociological phenomena. e.g. (crudest example) 1 human being does not equal 1 human being--they are different, empirically, and thus cannot be both quantified in such a way without overlooking other important factors. The fact you seem to think all human beings are an interchangable data point perhaps explains why your understanding of society in general is so f*cking retarded.

Nor did WEB Dubois found it. That is a ridiculous claim.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:53 AM   #239
ROCSteady
One of One
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,933
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
That just shows how much of a moron CK is. You're citing Colin Kaepernick! Who actually takes this moron seriously? Nobody with any sense

He brings up police brutality and how they target blacks but completely neglects the fact that black people commit the vast majority of crimes in America.

Hello! If you're gonna ****ing speak up for an entire race, why not take accountability for that? Why ignore that?

Oh because he's a dipshit with 2 braincells and the media eats it up for ratings/money because race brings in the views

There's no serious race issues in America and a very small problem with police brutality yet you morons let the media control you with their bogus clickbaity stories and headlines

The media created whatever issues are present right now, and if people would just stop talking about this shit and move on then things would go a lot smoother. But that can't happen, because the average american just isn't a bright person with self-satisfying goals


Other than the bold, you are spot on and reflect my feelings towards this nonsense
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:58 AM   #240
Pointguard
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
"social science" is philosophy--it's rooted in positivism, of the most dogmatic sort, and it's mostly nonsensical attempts to quantify the unquantifiable and to ignore almost everything qualitative about sociological phenomena. e.g. (crudest example) 1 human being does not equal 1 human being--they are different, empirically, and thus cannot be both quantified in such a way without overlooking other important factors. The fact you seem to think all human beings are an interchangable data point perhaps explains why your understanding of society in general is so f*cking retarded.

Nor did WEB Dubois found it. That is a ridiculous claim.
Where did I say he founded it??? He is called the father of social science and I showed you where and why. You never addressed any of that but have offered this long soliloquy where you engage yourself with your own nonsense.

I stated three times that his approach is what merited his title. Do you know what approach means?
Quote:
The fact you seem to think all human beings are an interchangable data point perhaps explains why your understanding of society in general is so f*cking retarded.
Hahahahaha, Bwhahahaha, wow, are you going to embarrass yourself with your shortcut monarch notes again: Putin was a paper pusher for the KGB when he was director of the entire intelligence agency because you didn't finish reading the wikepedia article? Trust me nobody but you has said all human beings are an interchangeable data point. That's you rocking that hermit talk to yourself style again.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy