Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #16
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Trump vs athletes on Twitter

If Obama was a Twitter drama queen taking athletes to war and causing unnecessary drama that benefits no one I'd have certainly called him out. But here we are, talking about Obama.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #17
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

i wish my president had class.

i also wish my favorite player lebron wasn't a retard by meddling into this.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #18
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
So much stupid in this thread

The NFL does not have a typical employer/employee relationship. The things that a NFL player can/cannot do are specified in their contract. In the NFL an owner cant just "fire" a player, they can cut a player but they still owe them any remaining guaranteed money on their contract, and other teams can then sign that player.

So unless the cowboys contracts state that they arent allowed to protest the anthem, Jerry would still be on the hook for any guaranteed money remaining on the contracts of anyone who gets cut. I hope the cowboys call Jerry on his bluff and the entire team kneels, he isnt gonna do shit.
EVERY business that is in the public eye has conduct clauses in their contracts. And they're usually pretty vague. Generally, any conduct that can reflect poorly on the company. If the owner decides that kneeling for the anthem reflects poorly on the team, it's really up to him.

Whether he would actually cut someone? Probably not if it's a valuable player. I mean, he's had players that have done a hell of a lot worse like beating up women, drugs, etc.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #19
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
If Obama was a Twitter drama queen taking athletes to war and causing unnecessary drama that benefits no one I'd have certainly called him out. But here we are, talking about Obama.
Obama, in the White House, called Kanye West a jackass. What would you be saying if Trump called some rapper a jackass.

Imagine, Trump is in the White House giving a speech and then he started talking shit about Jay-Z? Obama did this identical thing and I'm sure you were cool with it.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #20
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
EVERY business that is in the public eye has conduct clauses in their contracts. And they're usually pretty vague. Generally, any conduct that can reflect poorly on the company. If the owner decides that kneeling for the anthem reflects poorly on the team, it's really up to him.

Whether he would actually cut someone? Probably not if it's a valuable player. I mean, he's had players that have done a hell of a lot worse like beating up women, drugs, etc.

Vague conduct clauses do not give an owner unilateral right to squelch any behavior that they dont like. If Jerry Jones tried to void a contract using a vague conduct clause there would definitely be a lawsuit, and he would be forced to prove in a court of law that kneeling during the anthem actually does "reflect poorly on the company" or whatever. The PR shitstorm that would take place if a situation like this were to occur would be 100x more damaging to the team image than just letting the players kneel.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #21
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Vague conduct clauses do not give an owner unilateral right to squelch any behavior that they dont like. If Jerry Jones tried to void a contract using a vague conduct clause there would definitely be a lawsuit, and he would be forced to prove in a court of law that kneeling during the anthem actually does "reflect poorly on the company" or whatever. The PR shitstorm that would take place if a situation like this were to occur would be 100x more damaging to the team image than just letting the players kneel.
Polling shows that the majority of American's dislike the kneeling. 34% specifically say anthem protests makes them less likely to watch the NFL. It's pretty safe to say that behavior that the majority of Americans dislike reflects poorly on the team.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 PM   #22
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Trump has the whole NBA melting down! Rent free!
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #23
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Obama, in the White House, called Kanye West a jackass. What would you be saying if Trump called some rapper a jackass.

Imagine, Trump is in the White House giving a speech and then he started talking shit about Jay-Z? Obama did this identical thing and I'm sure you were cool with it.

Obama wasnt up on Twitter beefing with any and everyone all the time...apples and oranges comparison and you know it.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #24
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Obama wasnt up on Twitter beefing with any and everyone all the time...apples and oranges comparison and you know it.
Saying it on camera = cool
Saying it on twitter = bad

Yeah, that's pretty solid logic.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #25
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Polling shows that the majority of American's dislike the kneeling. 34% specifically say anthem protests makes them less likely to watch the NFL. It's pretty safe to say that behavior that the majority of Americans dislike reflects poorly on the team.

I think you are going to need more than a poll to win this case. Those clauses are intended for people like Aaron Hernandez. The patriots voided Hernandez contract after he got busted, and they are still fighting his family in court over whether or not the contract was actually voidable.

I hope one of the owners tries to void someones contract via a vague behavior clause over anthem kneeling. the resulting shitstorm would be very entertaining.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-23-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #26
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
When you call people ignorant, you should really make sure that you're not wrong.

1. You DON'T have a "right" to protest while you're at work. These guys aren't playing for fun at their local field. This is a business. They're at work. Team owners can obviously tell players they're not allowed to protest at work.

These guys aren't even allowed to pick what color socks they wear. You obviously can't do or say whatever you want at work. You can do or say what your boss permits.

2. People are allowed to voice an opinion about your protest.

1) You can protest if your workplace has an union and/or whole bunch of people protest together. Go take a look at teachers, workers, etc protesting. All of these sports leagues have an union.

2) Sure. Just like people have a right to protest.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Saying it on camera = cool
Saying it on twitter = bad

Yeah, that's pretty solid logic.
He uninvited an entire team to the White House

Also Obama was caught off guard calling Kanye a jack ass. Trump uses Twitter to address the nation. It is absolutely different.

"Hey everyone look over there!...Obama!"
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #28
highwhey
SHOOTERS SHOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
He uninvited an entire team to the White House

Also Obama was caught off guard calling Kanye a jack ass. Trump uses Twitter to address the nation. It is absolutely different.

"Hey everyone look over there!...Obama!"
trump is mega butthurt mainly bc of steph curry's comments...lmao
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #29
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Stand up you ungrateful pricks.

If you are black and think it's ok to kneel, then you don't deserve to be American.

The problem with black culture right now is this entitlement victim syndrome.

You want to live in true opression? Go live in parts of the middle east. You have every opportunity in America.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #30
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Stand up you ungrateful pricks.

If you are black and think it's ok to kneel, then you don't deserve to be American.

The problem with black culture right now is this entitlement victim syndrome.

You want to live in true opression? Go live in parts of the middle east. You have every opportunity in America.
Shut your white ass up honkey.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: