Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
west_tip
19 years of excellence
 
west_tip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,323
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
and being a 'fan' of these sports is pretty fkn gay on top of it all .. especially if you're older .. I can understand kids .. but grown ass men going crazy watching these things ? .. it's pathetic .. investing your time and money watching other men in tights throwing balls around .. investing your time and money making other men rich while your fat ass sits at home getting arteriosclerosis .. can't get anymore stupid than that ..

I remember years back when I was about 15 .. I was watching a football game and I threw myself on the floor going nuts because of an interception .. my father was passing by and gave me this look as if to say 'what are you doing, do you realize how stupid you look ?' .. he was 1000% right .. rip to that old man ..

you're better off going outside and playing the game with buddies .. I'll watch once in a while .. but only casually when I have time .. those days of being a fanatic are long gone



Stopped watching the NFL years ago, not for any political reason but because it is boring AF and a waste of 3 hours of my time.

The sport literally causes people brain damage. How in the hell can anyone in good conscience watch a sport where the participants mental well being is compromised for the sake of entertainment?
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:07 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,156
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

I don't know the situation too well but a player has the right to stand for the national anthem similar to how he can kneel or w/e. Too call him out on that is ignorant and going against the same principles that you advocating for. Mike Tomlin looks just as bad as people on the opposite side of the spectrum who get all pissy about Kaepernick kneeling.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,768
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by west_tip

The sport literally causes people brain damage. How in the hell can anyone in good conscience watch a sport where the participants mental well being is compromised for the sake of entertainment?
The players are aware of the risk today...it's on them now

If THEY are cool with it...I am cool with it

lots of examples of young players retiring over the CTE issue...and good for them



It is a shame for the players of the past who weren't paid much and didn't know the damage they were doing. But going forward, this is out in the open now, the players know the risks involved.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #19
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,657
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
because the 'right' refused to watch?

who cares?...that means NOTHING to me...I don't need ratings to tell me what to watch...I watch unpopular lesser-known media all the time.

I mean what are you guys hoping that the NFL will go bankrupt because of 'liberals' so you can say 'ha! see you libs ruin everything!!!'...keep dreaming lol

The sponsors care. A lot.

That's why the ratings drops are bring discussed every week.

They've already ruined Missouri U and their football program. Look it up. Caving to the liberal agenda at that school has cost them millions upon millions.

So while you may not care, everyone else does.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,768
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
The sponsors care. A lot.

That's why the ratings drops are bring discussed every week.

They've already ruined Missouri U and their football program. Look it up. Caving to the liberal agenda at that school has cost them millions upon millions.

So while you may not care, everyone else does.
Not 'everyone' else does...no. NO ONE should really give a shit what anyone does during a song.

But my point was that what other people choose to watch means nothing to my opinion. If football is entertaining, then watch it. If you can't watch football because someone kneeled before the game even started?
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #21
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,657
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Not 'everyone' else does...no. NO ONE should really give a shit what anyone does during a song.

But my point was that what other people choose to watch means nothing to my opinion. If football is entertaining, then watch it. If you can't watch football because someone kneeled before the game even started?

But you said...

Quote:
I mean what are you guys hoping that the NFL will go bankrupt because of 'liberals' so you can say 'ha! see you libs ruin everything!!!'...keep dreaming lol

Money is THE driving factor in anything sports related. Money makes the sports world go 'round:

Quote:
When the Mizzou football team chose to embrace the racial protests gripping the campus in November 2015, The New York Times cheered the players for "lending heft" to the activists' cause. Two years later, the Times had to admit that all the hysteria and the administration's decision to cave to it turned out to be exactly what many predicted it would be: an absolute "disaster" for the university. Freshmen enrollment dropped a stunning 35%, forcing the school to shut down seven dorms and lay off over 400 employees. As for the football team, which saw millions in donations disappear overnight, well, it's a full-fledged dumpster fire.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the seven dorms the university can no longer fill with students are now being converted into makeshift hotel rooms for the fans still willing to show up to the games. “We had a total loss of about $5 million, so you’re talking zero (dollars) if we do nothing versus $60,000 (three games in) — of course it’s worth it,” said Mizzou spokesman Christian Basi about the dorm room rental program.

Bet those 400 former employees care a lot.

I was just pointing out that libs did, in fact, ruin the University of Missouri.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,768
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

1. The NFL isn't going anywhere
2. If the 'right' is banning football and causing job losses then it's the rights fault...not the player kneeling
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,768
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Debating what people should do during a song is below debating where trans people piss.

We are a country that bitches and moans about everything. What sucks though is that this whole stupid and pointless ordeal was sparked by our leader tweeting his every thought like he's Kim Kardashian.

3 1/2 more years of this
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #24
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,657
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
1. The NFL isn't going anywhere

You say that... but an 11% drop from last year, and another double digit loss next year... All those entitled millionaires may not be making the millions they thought they would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
2. If the 'right' is banning football and causing job losses then it's the rights fault...not the player kneeling

That's like saying 'Ben Sharpiro didn't want to come to Berkley' after the left set the town on fire because he may give a speech.

'It's really Ben's fault for not speaking.'
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~
 
~primetime~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
Posts: 21,768
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

You actually think the NFL will collapse over this? No

What you're doing in here is threatening the left with 'ratings'.

"You better stand up during the song or we'll stop watching you!!!"

Seriously GTFO with that stupidity
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #26
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece
 
ItsMillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Naptown
Posts: 1,786
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

If you can't handle seeing players kneel or sit during the National Anthem, you're a soft ass cupcake. Go cry on Facebook about how your feelings were hurt so you can rack up some likes from other whiny ass individuals that think everything is about them.

Newsflash, asshole: Nobody cares what you think.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #27
dude77
NBA rookie of the year
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,399
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
You actually think the NFL will collapse over this? No

What you're doing in here is threatening the left with 'ratings'.

"You better stand up during the song or we'll stop watching you!!!"

Seriously GTFO with that stupidity

lol 'stupidity' retard .. nothing more stupid than stanning a bunch of men in tights who are getting rich off of your useless fat ass
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #28
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,657
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
You actually think the NFL will collapse over this? No

What you're doing in here is threatening the left with 'ratings'.

"You better stand up during the song or we'll stop watching you!!!"

Seriously GTFO with that stupidity

No, I don't.

But to pretend like the ratings drop isn't a serious concern to NFL owners and staff makes you seem ill-informed.

Because it is.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #29
dude77
NBA rookie of the year
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,399
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you can't handle seeing players kneel or sit during the National Anthem, you're a soft ass cupcake. Go cry on Facebook about how your feelings were hurt so you can rack up some likes from other whiny ass individuals that think everything is about them.

Newsflash, asshole: Nobody cares what you think.


lol the nfl is sure going to 'care' as their ratings and attendance dip
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #30
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,657
Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you can't handle seeing players kneel or sit during the National Anthem, you're a soft ass cupcake. Go cry on Facebook about how your feelings were hurt so you can rack up some likes from other whiny ass individuals that think everything is about them.

Newsflash, asshole: Nobody cares what you think.

Alejandro Villanueva should tell the coach that.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy