Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
No, I don't.

But to pretend like the ratings drop isn't a serious concern to NFL owners and staff makes you seem ill-informed.

Because it is.
I don't care if NFL owners make 11% less

They probably owe millions in unpaid taxes anyway.

I love Jerry Jones but he bought the Cowboys for $140m...if the NFL suddenly vanished he'd be just fine.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:07 PM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Steelers coach Mike Tomlin raps Alejandro Villanueva for standing for national anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you can't handle seeing players kneel or sit during the National Anthem, you're a soft ass cupcake. Go cry on Facebook about how your feelings were hurt so you can rack up some likes from other whiny ass individuals that think everything is about them.

Newsflash, asshole: Nobody cares what you think.

I agree with you but I think you missed the point of the article. Seems like Tomlin/Steelers where mad that one player actually stood up for the national anthem.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #33
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

I love Jerry Jones but he bought the Cowboys for $140m...if the NFL suddenly vanished he'd be just fine.
You don't care about Jerry Jones' bottom line and neither do I. But Jerry Jones does.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You don't care about Jerry Jones' bottom line and neither do I. But Jerry Jones does.
Okay with that line of thinking wouldn't the owners be against kneeling?

I mean if they actually believed that was driving ratings down?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #35
tpols
we already won

Quote:
You actually think the NFL will collapse over this? No

What you're doing in here is threatening the left with 'ratings'.

"You better stand up during the song or we'll stop watching you!!!"

Seriously GTFO with that stupidity

if it does collapse UK is gonna have to find anew hobby lol... guy watches NFL..gambles NFL..talks NFL on message boards, but thinks its going away when its #1 sport in america by a landslide. All that kneeling didnt stop him from betting, talking and watching this weekend... lets see what happens next weekend.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #36
west_tip
19 years of excellence

Quote:
The players are aware of the risk today...it's on them now

If THEY are cool with it...I am cool with it

lots of examples of young players retiring over the CTE issue...and good for them

It is a shame for the players of the past who weren't paid much and didn't know the damage they were doing. But going forward, this is out in the open now, the players know the risks involved.

I disagree.

Football players are not taking up the sport as young adults when they are capable of looking at the science, weighing up the risks and rewards and making an informed decision about whether to play or not.

The two biggest contributors to this problem are the parents who put their kids into the sport and the fans who feed into its demand.

You have to be am incredibly selfish POS to derive enjoyment from watching people giving each other brain damage.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #37
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

I agree...

YOU do not care.

But plenty of people do.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #38
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
if it does collapse UK is gonna have to find anew hobby lol... guy watches NFL..gambles NFL..talks NFL on message boards, but thinks its going away when its #1 sport in america by a landslide. All that kneeling didnt stop him from betting, talking and watching this weekend... lets see what happens next weekend.

Of course not, why would it?

I'm not a hypocrite. I wouldn't boycott the NFL. The players have a right to kneel if they want to. It doesn't affect me one way or the other. I've been on daily fantasy message boards all day.

What's your point? Lol
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #39
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by west_tip
I disagree.

Football players are not taking up the sport as young adults when they are capable of looking at the science, weighing up the risks and rewards and making an informed decision about whether to play or not.

The two biggest contributors to this problem are the parents who put their kids into the sport and the fans who feed into its demand.

You have to be am incredibly selfish POS to derive enjoyment from watching people giving each other brain damage.
Parents can keep their kids out of peewee (as I am with my boys) but once high school comes around they're going to play if they want. Honestly I'm against peewee tackle. And many are, peewee leagues are becoming flag football across the US.

But once college and NFL rolls around they are definitely capable of making informed decisions.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #40
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Okay with that line of thinking wouldn't the owners be against kneeling?

I mean if they actually believed that was driving ratings down?
You have to support your players whether they're right or wrong.

As bad as taking a hit in the rating is, backstabbing your players would be an even bigger problem.

The whole flag controversy is the news of the day, but it will go away and we'll all be on to the next thing. But if you throw your players under the bus that's gonna cause long term problems for the team.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #41
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
If you can't handle seeing players kneel or sit during the National Anthem, you're a soft ass cupcake. Go cry on Facebook about how your feelings were hurt so you can rack up some likes from other whiny ass individuals that think everything is about them.

Newsflash, asshole: Nobody cares what you think.
That's what I find to be the most hilarious aspect of all this kneeling to the national anthem before NFL games. The Right are the first to point the stink finger at libs for being intolerant and a bunch of cry babies, according to them but they are even more of a bunch of whiny little bitches when they see something that offends them...they truly are the snowflakes they accuse the left of being.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #42
UK2K
NBA Legend

Alejandro Villanueva has the best selling jersey in the NFL today.

A left tackle.

Quote:
Joel Whitcomb‏ @joel_whitcomb 16h16 hours ago
How ironic would it be if Alejandro Villanueva suddenly had the #1 selling jersey in the NFL?
#PittsburghSteelers

Quote:
Over the last 24 hours, Villanueva is the top-selling NFL player in terms of jerseys, T-shirts and other merchandise on the NFL Shop, according to Fanatics, which operates NFL Shop, the league’s online store.

Quote:
"I don't know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that's providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year ... when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN at the time.

Truf...

Nobody cares, doe.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Lots of idiots care...no one said otherwise

What I said is nobody -should- care

Why should one man care what another man does during a song?
Old 09-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #44
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Lots of idiots care...no one said otherwise

What I said is nobody -should- care

Why should one man care what another man does during a song?

What you 'meant' was... nobody should care.

What you said was:

Quote:
who cares?

Why should one man get mad over something another man said? They shouldn't. But if I called someone a nagger or told some Mexican here illegally he needs to go back to Mexico, I offended someone.

I think people who are butthurt over name calling or kneeling or whatever need to get over it. Its just so easy to get offended by anything if you wanted to...
Old 09-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #45
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

You're comparing kneeling during a song to calling someone a 'ngger'?

Jesus Christ man
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: