Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 08:21 PM   #16
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,918
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Yeah, Boston is a notoriously racist city. That's well known. Don't put Boston's issues on all of America.


Your so,naive man (and ignorant)...all old cities up there are racist. NYC and especially Philly is even worse than Boston.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:36 PM   #17
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,589
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Your so,naive man (and ignorant)...all old cities up there are racist. NYC and especially Philly is even worse than Boston.
Even if that was true, you can't control what people think. If people think racist things we all just have to live with that. That's the price of freedom. Other people get to do, say and think things we don't like.

All we can do is make sure that institutions and processes treat people fairly. And they currently do for the most part. And where they don't, we should demand that they do.

But you can't just speak in generalities. Point out specific institutions and people in institutions that are not treating people fairly and we can do something about that. But just saying "America is unfair" is useless. You might as well just say "things are bad. We need to put an end to bad things".
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #18
KiiiiNG
Undefeated
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,143
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
The main problem is older white people simply won't acknowledge that black people had it tougher coming up in their age. If I were to confront older relatives about how many black people were allowed to attend their Catholic schools in the 50s, work in their corporations in the 60s & 70s ...they would be forced to admit that there were none. But then they'd follow that up by saying they weren't smart enough, not genetically wired for it. I shit you not man...that is how they think. Even if they aren't as prepared for it as others there's reasons for that...they won't acknowledged those reasons. People at the top always believe there there for their own choices / general superiority and nothing else. They never consider opportunity. Trump is the ultimate embodiment of that line of thinking.
Even if that were true, which it's probably not, considering this is just some anecdotal BS from you... why does it ****ing matter if older white people acknowledge that or not? What the **** would that change?

Jesus christ, black people just want acceptance from white people. That's the pathetic thing. Instead of worrying about themselves they instead form with other black people and cry mercy in a desperate plea to get the white mans love and acceptance.

I'm just speaking on the lower tier black liberals like yourself... the successful blacks typically don't think like this. They don't care about how hard their ancestors had it in America because they know it really doesn't affect them much. It's the loser liberal blacks who are always out to look for excuses and blame other people. Sad mother ****ers. Stupid too.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:52 PM   #19
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,165
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
Even if that were true, which it's probably not, considering this is just some anecdotal BS from you... why does it ****ing matter if older white people acknowledge that or not? What the **** would that change?

Jesus christ, black people just want acceptance from white people. That's the pathetic thing. Instead of worrying about themselves they instead form with other black people and cry mercy in a desperate plea to get the white mans love and acceptance.

I'm just speaking on the lower tier black liberals like yourself... the successful blacks typically don't think like this. They don't care about how hard their ancestors had it in America because they know it really doesn't affect them much. It's the loser liberal blacks who are always out to look for excuses and blame other people. Sad mother ****ers. Stupid too.



im pretty sure Tpols isnt even black btw. Let him confirm
PistonsFan#21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #20
KiiiiNG
Undefeated
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,143
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21


im pretty sure Tpols isnt even black btw. Let him confirm
You don't think there are tons of older whites who would acknowledge that black people 70 years ago had it tougher than them? I mean are you kidding me?

And again, it's just so irrelevant. What does it matter what older white people think. Does that stop someone from working hard and achieving something in life?

Just lower tier blacks looking for the stupidest shit to explain why they are pathetic failures


Do black people just want some big apology by every white person on Earth in order for them to move on?

Last edited by KiiiiNG : 09-25-2017 at 09:06 PM.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:07 PM   #21
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,918
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
Even if that were true, which it's probably not, considering this is just some anecdotal BS from you... why does it ****ing matter if older white people acknowledge that or not? What the **** would that change?

Jesus christ, black people just want acceptance from white people. That's the pathetic thing. Instead of worrying about themselves they instead form with other black people and cry mercy in a desperate plea to get the white mans love and acceptance.

I'm just speaking on the lower tier black liberals like yourself... the successful blacks typically don't think like this. They don't care about how hard their ancestors had it in America because they know it really doesn't affect them much. It's the loser liberal blacks who are always out to look for excuses and blame other people. Sad mother ****ers. Stupid too.


A lot would change. A huge reason we have this idiot in the white house is because he played to those older white folks childhood minds...a huge reason we have a lopsided GOP congress is because of the racial fear mongering of Obama. Once those guys aren't voting anymore, things are going to change real fast.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #22
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,589
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
A lot would change. A huge reason we have this idiot in the white house is because he played to those older white folks childhood minds...a huge reason we have a lopsided GOP congress is because of the racial fear mongering of Obama. Once those guys aren't voting anymore, things are going to change real fast.
Unless, you're wrong about why people are voting the way they're voting.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #23
KiiiiNG
Undefeated
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,143
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
A lot would change. A huge reason we have this idiot in the white house is because he played to those older white folks childhood minds...a huge reason we have a lopsided GOP congress is because of the racial fear mongering of Obama. Once those guys aren't voting anymore, things are going to change real fast.
Nothing would change. Blacks would still complain about how they're held back in society. It doesn't matter who is president or what the policies are. That was proven under Obama and will continue to be the case.

Black people need to look themselves in the mirror and stop blaming others. It's very simple. "bu.. bu... polic brutality! Trump is racist!"

embarrassing
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #24
AceManIII
LeBron fan since 1988
 
AceManIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DC
Posts: 443
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
Nothing would change. Blacks would still complain about how they're held back in society. It doesn't matter who is president or what the policies are. That was proven under Obama and will continue to be the case.

Black people need to look themselves in the mirror and stop blaming others. It's very simple. "bu.. bu... polic brutality! Trump is racist!"

embarrassing

Black people are gonna keep killing and complaining and get away with it thanks to White People?!?!?

AceManIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #25
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,860
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

What I don't understand is what the end point of this "protest" is?

It is no longer a black lives matter protest, but trump himself has turned it into a trump protest. So what's the point of all this kneeling?

If you disagree with trump and his weird tweets than go out to the public and spend some money to lobby against him and go preach tolerance and the importance of free speech.

Sorry, but kneeling during a football game doesn't get you anywhere. As much as people hate to admit it, it does piss people off. Not in the sense that people think you are disrespectful to the flag, but more of a "It's the weekend and all I want to do is watch sports, relax, and hope my fantasy team does well and now I have to deal with all this outside narrative".

It's a fact that this has affected ratings and the more they force this much politics into football, the more the ratings go down and the less money they get from the networks.


This is gonna be great for steaming services cause they can buy more games cheaper because networks are gonna start offering less because of these ratings.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #26
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
What I don't understand is what the end point of this "protest" is?

It is no longer a black lives matter protest, but trump himself has turned it into a trump protest. So what's the point of all this kneeling?

If you disagree with trump and his weird tweets than go out to the public and spend some money to lobby against him and go preach tolerance and the importance of free speech.

Sorry, but kneeling during a football game doesn't get you anywhere. As much as people hate to admit it, it does piss people off. Not in the sense that people think you are disrespectful to the flag, but more of a "It's the weekend and all I want to do is watch sports, relax, and hope my fantasy team does well and now I have to deal with all this outside narrative".

It's a fact that this has affected ratings and the more they force this much politics into football, the more the ratings go down and the less money they get from the networks.


This is gonna be great for steaming services cause they can buy more games cheaper because networks are gonna start offering less because of these ratings.

ratings were up this weekend...so you're wrong there. ratings will continue to go up because it's controversial too. simple business understanding...same as there's no such thing as bad press.

and i dont think you understand what protesting is or is meant to do...exactly what's being done, kneeling during the anthem, is a perfect exemplification as it's getting the recognition of the cause - though now skewed by Trump into a race battle. buying a billboard, lobbying, etc are good ideas, but that's obviously little to no coverage as we've seen, and why this choice to kneel was started - it gets the convo going as it makes a statement (a non-disrespectful one, regardless the rhetoric) and with thanks to the idiot in chief, it's grown exponentially now.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #27
ThePhantomCreep
College star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Unless, you're wrong about why people are voting the way they're voting.
He's not.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #28
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,589
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
ratings were up this weekend...so you're wrong there. ratings will continue to go up because it's controversial too. simple business understanding...same as there's no such thing as bad press.
No they weren't. Sunday's ratings overall were down by 4% and the Sunday night game specifically was down by 9%.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:01 AM   #29
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
No they weren't. Sunday's ratings overall were down by 4% and the Sunday night game specifically was down by 9%.


premature post as these figures do not include tonights game

projections for week 3 will be up over last years totals...can prove me wrong, if otherwise, in the morning after all is tallied
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #30
catzhernandez
Underrated
 
catzhernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Area 31
Posts: 16,242
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Yes racial discrimination was a big problem in the 50s. I don't think any sane person doesn't know that.

But this ain't the 50s. Those problems have been fixed. We've won those battles.
Lol, the guy with the Bush avy says these problems have been "fixed"... I'm from middle america in Indiana and I can recognize many more issues that haven't been, nor are anywhere close to being fixed. Everything is hunky-dory in your little world, huh? That's so cute.

Keep your blinders on, bud. I'm sure it's easier for you that way.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy