Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2017, 06:35 AM   #31
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,374
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives









Hmm... once again, a conservative telling a black person to get over race.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #32
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,374
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Some posters better be careful. Their true racist/bigot selfs are getting exposed. Or I guess it doesn't matter since Trump is president
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #33
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Some posters better be careful. Their true racist/bigot selfs are getting exposed. Or I guess it doesn't matter since Trump is president


yup, he's opened the flood gates on this - they don't care as Trump is president and somehow the inflamed response is protected.

the neo-idiots felt this "protection" after they were brought to light for their employers to see them marching in favor of racial divide we saw their sob stories and how their life is forever changed because they've been put in the light for everyone to see their true colors...nothing but crocodile tears at best for these idiots
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #34
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
premature post as these figures do not include tonights game

projections for week 3 will be up over last years totals...can prove me wrong, if otherwise, in the morning after all is tallied

Ratings have been down, more or less, across the board all season. Just like they were last season.

Look at the media try to spin it:

Quote:
Ratings for the first week of this season dropped by 12 percent from last year, but those games were played the day Hurricane Irma landed in Florida, when millions of viewers were tuned to coverage of the storm instead of football. Ratings for Week 2 were down by 15 percent but only by 4 percent if one factors in that the Thursday night game was only broadcast on the N.F.L. Network, while last year it was on both the N.F.L. Network and CBS, which has a wider reach.

But... but... but... then this happened, then the eclipse took away some viewers, and on and on.

Ratings are down, and have been for two years. Stadiums are at 70% capacity on a good week.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #35
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923








Hmm... once again, a conservative telling a black person to get over race.


these folks dont care that they themselves desecrate the flag themselves and will boldly use it in hateful motives, as they are 'merikan's, etc...however let any minority do any of that and immediate scolding and back comes.

it's no hidden thing that the right are the most hypocritical out of the two major parties.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #36
r15mohd
College star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Ratings have been down, more or less, across the board all season. Just like they were last season.

Look at the media try to spin it:



But... but... but... then this happened, then the eclipse took away some viewers, and on and on.

Ratings are down, and have been for two years. Stadiums are at 70% capacity on a good week.


i can tell you living in south FL for week 1 and the storm, no stations carried the game (radio and or local TV)...i was trying to tune into the Dallas/NYG game that night and couldnt get through on anything -- power on fortunately but cable was down. but for that to be predicated on the entire nation, agreed it is a false narrative.

however, this weekend's uproar caused by Trump certainly gave the ratings a bit of spike - 3%. there's no hiding or skewing that. we saw almost 15-20% increases on pregame shows, surprisingly. this week was on a decline again had it not been for the stirring from the WH friday - his remarks gave reason to tune in more than normal
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #37
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,860
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
ratings were up this weekend...so you're wrong there. ratings will continue to go up because it's controversial too. simple business understanding...same as there's no such thing as bad press.

and i dont think you understand what protesting is or is meant to do...exactly what's being done, kneeling during the anthem, is a perfect exemplification as it's getting the recognition of the cause - though now skewed by Trump into a race battle. buying a billboard, lobbying, etc are good ideas, but that's obviously little to no coverage as we've seen, and why this choice to kneel was started - it gets the convo going as it makes a statement (a non-disrespectful one, regardless the rhetoric) and with thanks to the idiot in chief, it's grown exponentially now.

the original goal of the protest was because kaepernick didn't like cops killing blacks. unfortunately that is no longer what the protest is about.

the fans don't even know exactly what is being protested at this point. Is it Trump, is BLM, is the country?

Rating are down YTD... and today on the news I heard that analyst project a 200 million cut for broadcasters.

today I'm seeing reports of the players wishing they would have protested differently (Big Ben), and even villanueva now having to apologize because he was outside of the tunnel for the anthem. Just ridiculous, that a veteran would ever have to apologize for that.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #38
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience
 
TheGreatDeraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Oh shit... you've done it now....

Racist.

On a serious note, as a veteran, I back the players' right's to kneel 100%. Hell, at least they aren't out burning down their towns like we've seen plenty of 'social activists' do. They have a right to protest, people have a right to boycott, owners have a right to terminate them, the president has a right to (he shouldn't do it, but he did) voice his opinion.

The KKK has a right to say what they say. Antifa has a right to protest them if they want. BLM has a right to say what they say (not burn shit down).

Everyone has rights. As long as you aren't infringing on another's rights, more power to ya.

Exactly, they have a right to do this, because this is America and we have those rights.

I'm not saying they should be arrested, I back their right to do it, but who in their right mind would sit during our national anthem to protest police brutality and racism? Has nothing to do with it. That's like protesting Planned Parenthood because you want to end the federal reserve.

But this topic was more about the different lens that different people see these acts through. The way different people perceive the same action so differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm sorry you feel that was this was a serious topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
wow you wrote all of that just to prove you are another conservative who doesnt understand racism and rather ignore it "ignore-ance" and calling those who do acknowledge it and try to change it as the "racist". mark yourself up as another idiot who will achieve nothing great in this world because you think like a sheep.

I'd like to say I have an open mind, so educate me if you think I'm so ignorant. I will not ignore racism however, I will definitely stand against it. Racism is not right and I think America agrees with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen
So your whole point is that these athletes are making millions of dollars; so they should just shut up and play instead of expressing their first amendment right to protest issues they perceive with this country. Because... it's better here than North Korea?

Oh, and you threw in a "make america great again" in there too. I think your grandma's facebook might've been a better place for this.

Completely wrong to the point where I don't think you ever read what I wrote. The point of this thread is to show the difference between the way liberals and conservatives see this issue.

Also, I do not have an issue with any American using there right to protest. That is a very American thing to do.

As for shutting and playing? On the field, I would prefer that, honestly. Off the field, you have that right.

What I do have a problem with is someone protesting police brutality and racism by sitting during the national anthem. That makes no sense as they are unrelated and the flag(and what it stands for) gives you the right to protest, so why are you protesting it(the flag) instead of using the giant platform you have as a famous millionaire athlete role model to protest police brutality and racism.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #39
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience
 
TheGreatDeraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,220
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923


Hmm... once again, a conservative telling a black person to get over race.

Once again a liberal thinking in it terms of race. I literally just got done saying how it was not a race thing

By the way an upside down flag is an official sign of DISTRESS that is talked about in U.S. Code. It is not DISRESPECT like sitting during national anthem. They were making a statement saying they think Obama was a danger to our country.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #40
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 16,715
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Once again a liberal thinking in it terms of race. I literally just got done saying how it was not a race thing

By the way an upside down flag is an official sign of DISTRESS that is talked about in U.S. Code. It is not DISRESPECT like sitting during national anthem. They were making a statement saying they think Obama was a danger to our country.

They want you to say something about someone being black so they can call you a racist.

They're all F5ing this thread. Got the message already typed up.

'Please say something about blacks'.

Be careful.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #41
ThePhantomCreep
College star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

The hypocrisy of conservatives is off the charts - - these are the same assholes who were crying about their Confederate statues just a few weeks ago. What could be more disrespectful to US troops than deifying a group that slaughtered them by the thousands?

Richard Petty threatens to fire anyone who kneels in protest at a NASCAR event, but has no problem with shitkickers flying confederate flags in the stands, despite the fact that the confederacy killed nearly as many US troops as the Axis Powers of WWII. Dummy.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:08 PM   #42
catzhernandez
Underrated
 
catzhernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Area 31
Posts: 16,242
Default Re: Kneeling protests shows TRUE difference between liberals and conservatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
The hypocrisy of conservatives is off the charts - - these are the same assholes who were crying about their Confederate statues just a few weeks ago. What could be more disrespectful to US troops than deifying a group that slaughtered them by the thousands?

Richard Petty threatens to fire anyone who kneels in protest at a NASCAR event, but has no problem with shitkickers flying confederate flags in the stands, despite the fact that the confederacy killed nearly as many US troops as the Axis Powers of WWII. Dummy.
Helluva post. +1
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy