Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Default Cop Shoots and Kills an Individual Who Is CLEARLY Trying to Surrender

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...177974641.html
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Funktion
Great college starter

Default Re: Cop Shoots and Kills an Individual Who Is CLEARLY Trying to Surrender

Funktion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:07 PM   #3
aj1987
MH!

Default Re: Cop Shoots and Kills an Individual Who Is CLEARLY Trying to Surrender

That's murder.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

That was worse than I expected.....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

The resolution of the video clearly sucks so you can’t see if he has anything in his hands but they’re screaming for him to drop the gun and obviously he didn’t comply... do you have any idea how fast he could drop his arm and pull a trigger?

If he truly was holding a gun, that’s what happens... don’t feel bad. He was stupid. Even if he didn’t speak English he was still stupid.

Edit: listened to the 9/11 call... he refused to leave the gun behind even though she repeatedly asked him to... lol... guy wanted to die.

You people are retards.

Last edited by Orlando Magic : 10-11-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Orlando Magic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
Draz
The People's Choice

If he had a gun in his hands it's me versus you. If you don't drop it, someone's getting shot. We don't know what the call was for. We don't know the details. If he was smart he would have dropped it.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Clearly??
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
The resolution of the video clearly sucks so you can’t see if he has anything in his hands but they’re screaming for him to drop the gun and obviously he didn’t comply... do you have any idea how fast he could drop his arm and pull a trigger?

If he truly was holding a gun, that’s what happens... don’t feel bad. He was stupid. Even if he didn’t speak English he was still stupid.

Edit: listened to the 9/11 call... he refused to leave the gun behind even though she repeatedly asked him to... lol... guy wanted to die.

You people are retards.

Article also says he was Spanish-speaking, maybe he didn't even understand them.

Language is definitely one issue I tilt right on.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Article also says he was Spanish-speaking, maybe he didn't even understand them.

Language is definitely one issue I tilt right on.

The 9/11 operator speaks fluent Spanish and repeatedly told him not to engage the cops while still holding the gun... he repeatedly refused... she told him to leave it behind or put it down and he flat out wouldn’t do it. He had a death wish or he was a complete moron.

The officers might have pulled the trigger slightly early but honestly I’m not even mad and I understand...

It can happen this quickly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qq3dXfzvdw

And that’s with the weapon NOT already drawn...

That’s how quick a cop can potentially lose his life... and the guy already had his gun out... lol... he wanted this on some level.

People have to start respecting police... for absolute ****s sake the first four posters in this thread have literally blown my mind.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
The 9/11 operator speaks fluent Spanish and repeatedly told him not to engage the cops while still holding the gun... he repeatedly refused... she told him to leave it behind or put it down and he flat out wouldnít do it. He had a death wish or he was a complete moron.

The officers might have pulled the trigger slightly early but honestly Iím not even mad and I understand...

It can happen this quickly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qq3dXfzvdw

And thatís with the weapon NOT already drawn...

Thatís how quick a cop can potentially lose his life... and the guy already had his gun out... lol... he wanted this on some level.

People have to start respecting police... for absolute ****s sake the first four posters in this thread have literally blown my mind.

Not as bad as that cop would have....
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

People arent going to start respecting police. Respect for police is at an all time low. People don't get more respect when they see cops shoot a bunch of people. They just start to hate them or fear them and it all gets worse. Civilians afraid the police are looking to kill them combined with police afraid the civilians are looking to kill them? It's obvious where that ends.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #12
CelticBaller
You mad?

He shouldnít have been killed, but he shouldíve dropped the gun

A tragedy honestly, this couldíve been avoided with better training and common sense
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #13
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
People arent going to start respecting police. Respect for police is at an all time low. People don't get more respect when they see cops shoot a bunch of people. They just start to hate them or fear them and it all gets worse. Civilians afraid the police are looking to kill them combined with police afraid the civilians are looking to kill them? It's obvious where that ends.

This.

All these video's of cops doing stupid shit.

NWA wrote fvck the police back in 1988.

30 years later and the majority disrespects police more now than they did back then. It's so damn bad that you have people needing to form a group called 'black lives matter' because the people put into power to PROTECT the US citizens can't even do their damn jobs right.

Respect is earned, not given. Stop having instances of police fvcking up and maybe they will start getting some respect. Everyday there's another video of some cop fvcking up and people blaming it on improper training and "human nature". Why aren't air traffic controllers or similar fields where you are in charge of peoples lives fvcking up left and right like cops are? Maybe because the difference between an air traffic controller and a cop is an education? Bullied at school and had to be a cop because it was either that or mall security. Amazing. To solve this issue is simple. Want to be a cop? Then make the requirements to become a cop more difficult so that your average HS loser can't become one.

Instead of rolling around bullshitting all day, maybe the police in my suburb that boast a top 10 best school system every year that never has crime should instead be doing shit helping out the Cleveland police. Instead they hide behind their safety net of calm suburb zero crime because they had connections to get a nice safe job here instead of in the city where the real crime is. Fvck that. They should have to work in the city for a number of years once they get out of the academy and then they EARN the right to have a safer job in their field. But alas, the citizens allow corruption to exist so that's why things are they way they are.

Last edited by egokiller : 10-11-2017 at 09:16 PM.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #14
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
This.

30 years later and the majority disrespects police more now than they did back then. It's so damn bad that you have people needing to form a group called 'black lives matter' because the people put into power to PROTECT the US citizens can't even do their damn jobs right.

Respect is earned, not given. Stop having instances of police fvcking up and maybe they will start getting some respect. Everyday there's another video of some cop fvcking up and people blaming it on improper training and "human nature". Why aren't air traffic controllers or similar fields where you are in charge of peoples lives fvcking up left and right like cops are? Maybe because the difference between an air traffic controller and a cop is an education? Bullied at school and had to be a cop because it was either that or mall security. Amazing. To solve this issue is simple. Want to be a cop? Then make the requirements to become a cop more difficult so that your average HS loser can't become one.

Instead of rolling around bullshitting all day, maybe the police in my suburb that boast a top 10 best school system every year that never has crime should instead be doing shit helping out the Cleveland police. Instead they hide behind their safety net of calm suburb zero crime because they had connections to get a nice safe job here instead of in the city where the real crime is. Fvck that. They should have to work in the city for a number of years once they get out of the academy and then they EARN the right to have a safer job in their field. But alas, the citizens allow corruption to exist so that's why things are they way they are.

Nobody going to go through all that training for a meager salary.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #15
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
This.

You guys are just flat out wrong.

You are roughly equally likely to be struck by lightning as a black man as you are to be killed by a cop, as a black man.

Think about that for more than two seconds.

The narrative is being pushed to drum up emotions and get people watching.

But itís more and more frequently captured on video because people are looking for it and everyone in the damn world has a camera in their pocket.

I honestly donít even know why I try. There is no reasoning to be had with you. None.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: