Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #16
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

How he hurt his spleen again????

Comeon bro. He dodge land mines. He plays super dumb

I'll wait for the spleen/ back injury doe ....

anyone who can play 3 years of NFL without landing on the injury report once is not injury prone.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
anyone who can play 3 years of NFL without landing on the injury report once is not injury prone.

He dodged land mines.

His style of play is borderline handicapped.

Period.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #18
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

He dodged land mines.

His style of play is borderline handicapped.

Period.

if you are strictly talking about his reckless style of play and not how sturdy his body is, then yeah you have a point.

in your original poast you said he is one of the "truly injury prone players". when i think "injury prone" i think of people made out of glass like sam bradford so i assumed thats what you meant.

i think part of the reason he plays so reckless is because he always had to carry his team. it would be interesting to see if he would still play like that on a team like Denver or Jacksonville where he wouldnt be forced to throw the ball 45 times every week.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-26-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #19
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Because the 49ers have a plethora of picks. I believe they have two picks in each of the second third and fourth rounds. They actually have a young defense. The whole dline is littered with high first rounders. Reuben foster is a Luke Kuechly type ILB prospect they have. Young safety duo.

Obviously they need work but they're a lot farther along than the Colts are.

You make the trade because luck is a known commidity. 10 years of luck is worth a lot. I'd say the 49ers compete for the divison within two years if they made the trade.

Luck + Shanahan could be a pretty interesting combo. Aside from that 1 year of Arians, Luck has never really had a great offensive coach.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #20
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
if you are strictly talking about his reckless style of play and not how sturdy his body is, then yeah you have a point.

in your original poast you said he is one of the "truly injury prone players". when i think "injury prone" i think of people made out of glass like sam bradford so i assumed thats what you meant.

i think part of the reason he plays so reckless is because he always had to carry his team. it would be interesting to see if he would still play like that on a team like Denver or Jacksonville where he wouldnt be forced to throw the ball 45 times every week.

Yea. That's what I mean. He thinks he's a full back.

But you brought up another pet peeve of mine.

Football is a brutal FUCCIN sport.

Gronk has more injuries than anyone over the Last 5-6 years. So that means his body is "made of glass" like Bradford!???

It's dumb

Gronk is one of the strongest biggest dude in the league.

Jj watt - even more of a beast. He had season ending surgery. He's having problems.

Watt is made of glass?? Injury prone??

A qb who plays reckless like luck and rg3 get seriously hurt. Truly injury PRONE

a qb who plays smOart like R dub has less likely of a chance. ETc.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:40 PM   #21
Duderonomy
OG since 1989

I could see Arizona trading for Luck. Arians has coached him and the cards will have a top 10 pick.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #22
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Are you saying we could trade luck, get the ransom (including the first overall pick) and then trade the first overall pick for even more picks?

I was trying to say to either trade the Colts original 2018 first round pick (which may be #1 overall) for a ransom (like what St.Louis got for RG3) or trade Luck for an entire franchise pretty much. Not both. If Colts land the first overall pick and decide to stay Lucky they will get much better value in trading their original pick and improving the talent around Luck (example they can trade some of the assets they received for a proven player). There's no point of holding on to that 1st overall pick if you keep luck as you're not gonna draft a QB.

But trading both Luck and their original first round pick would be interesting and would be unheard of in the NFL. They'd be the 76ers of the NFL and would have like 3 first rounds picks each year for the next 3 years
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #23
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
You only trade Luck if you feel that he hasn't recovered from his injuries and that you don't think he'll be durable again. Other than that you don't trade a QB of Luck's caliber. He's the type of player that franchises trade all their assets for. He's shown he can carry horrible Colt teams into the playoffs.

If anything the Colts should just trade down their top pick for a shit ton of assets, just look at how much the 49ers got for trading down one spot in last years draft. They'll probably draft a bunch of busts knowing the Colts tho.

They should also do what ever it takes to get Harbaugh back in the NFL to coach up his boy.

You think a rising team wants to put their faith in a QB that even the Colts are ready to move on from?
UK2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #24
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
I would take Darnold, but it it worth at least speculating about.

Say the Colts have the 5th overall pick and the 49ers have the 1st overall.

They trade Luck to the 49ers for that 1st overall, a 2nd rounder and a future first.

Now they have the 1st overall, 5th overall, two 2nd rounders, a future 1st in their pocket.

You could then turn around and trade that #1 pick for another ransom similar to the RG3 trade and add even more picks to what you already have.

I wouldn't pass on Darnold though.

I don't know. Realizing I'm speculating and talking out of my ass, I can't see anyone giving up another first in addition to #1 overall. That #1 is going to be a large chunk of the return. Maybe it could be a conditional pick based on games started like the way the Alex Smith trade was framed?
*Not comparing Smith to Luck talent for talent, but I can see a team trying to protect themselves against injury with a conditional pick.

I don't agree with it. It makes no sense to me drawing the line at a second first round pick. #1 overall is just impossible for me to predict how it would be weighted in a trade like this. I'm thinking that would net a similar haul as any other team not picking 1 would offer for Luck.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
You think a rising team wants to put their faith in a QB that even the Colts are ready to move on from?

Depends. It seems some teams have no luck(no pun) when it comes to finding QBs (Browns, Jets, Dolphins, etc) and haven't had a franchise QB in a long time. Yes, Luck will cost a fortune but it will probably cost a team less assets in the long run in them finding a QB. For example, in the past 10 years the Browns selected like 3 QB's in the first round, another 3 or so in the second round, made some FA signings on QBs, etc.

Some other teams who are considered "rising" may just be a QB away from being a scary team. We've seen it before.. It doesn't have to be a rising team that trades for him, it could be any team that is willing to mortgage their future for him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: