Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Cleveland Cavaliers are a Recipe for Disaster

They've got talent in the basic sense of the word, in an unbelievably weak conference....BUT.

You've got a team that has two point guards who's health is questionable, and aren't noted for defense.

You've got a team loaded with players on the wrong side of 30, which is trying to get to a 4th straight finals...that's a lot of mileage.

It's a team that was already in the bottom half of the league defensively, and that damn sure isn't going to get better another year older.

Could go either way but all I'm saying is..

Last edited by eliteballer : 09-26-2017 at 07:25 PM.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #2
Im Still Ballin
Han Solo dies.

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers are a Recipe for Disaster

Don't worry. Chris Bosh is the key. When they sign him in February, the switch will flip!
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good

They should win the title barring any major injuries.

People need to realize that adding Jeff Green and Jae Crowder to guard Durant means that LeBron doesn't have to. That's.....a pretty big deal.

Not to mention adding Rose and Wade, 2 18 pgg scorers last season, to come off the bench.

The Warriors cannot beat this team unless Durant plays at the absolute top of his game, which will be hard to do with Green and Crowder (and LeBron in spots) hounding him every inch of the court.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
lilteapot
NBA rookie of the year

it's going to be a bad season for the Cavs.

Starting PG is out until all star break, and the backup is going to get injured any day now, and the backup to the backup is old and terrible, and d-wade is washed up, and they don't have a backup center. Bron is gonna average a lot of minutes again this year.
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #5
MrFonzworth
Love Me Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

People need to realize that adding Jeff Green and Jae Crowder to guard Durant means that LeBron doesn't have to. That's.....a pretty big deal.

Not to mention adding Rose and Wade, 2 18 pgg scorers last season, to come off the bench.

The Warriors cannot beat this team unless Durant plays at the absolute top of his game, which will be hard to do with Green and Crowder (and LeBron in spots) hounding him every inch of the court.
You're out of your mind if you think Cleveland are the favorites now. IT is still a big question mark, and KD is still gonna torch Crowder/Green
MrFonzworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #6
lilteapot
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
You're out of your mind if you think Cleveland are the favorites now. IT is still a big question mark, and KD is still gonna torch Crowder/Green
and the cavs dont have a single good defender at the PG position. They are gonna get torched by klay/steph
lilteapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Wade is at the age where players can fall off a cliff at any minute.

and Jeff Green...LOL.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #8
Jay-B
Learning to shoot layups

somebody save this thread, I got my money on them being really good even a better chance to beat Golden State than they had last year. Dont forget Golden State is going to have a run for theyre money in that western conference
Jay-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #9
Orlando Magic
NBA All-star

It's LeBron, Love, Crowder, Korver & a bunch of guys playing out of position or just flat out being old... like Tristan Thompson doesn't fit next to Kevin Love... he just doesn't... but the Cavs keep rolling that out... JR is ok in stretches so I'll grant him that. Tristan needs to come off the bench and they need a defensive presence inside instead... not just offensive rebounds, mediocre interior defense and no offensive threat.

Their depth has definitely improved from last year but if and only if IT comes back healthy... otherwise people like Wade are robbing minutes from guys that are probably just as good defensively and spread the floor better (read: JR Smith).

If I were building a team from scratch literally I would only want LeBron, Crowder & Korver on my roster... from this team. That's it... maybe JR if he's ok being plugged in wherever is needed.

But the people that are just blind LA trolls are going to scream about how stacked this team is... which is amazing that you, OP, didn't do that... bravo.

Wade is clearly past it... Rose is clearly past it... they're both still above averave to flat out good players but the Cavs just don't work with them both on the floor at the same time imo.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:

warriors have two efficient 26+ ppg scorers, and an efficient 20+ ppg scorer, and guys like nick young, mccaw. cavs have bron, and k-love, an unefficient 17-18 ppg against the warriors.

we have no idea about IT's health.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
Doranku
NBA All-star

Don't know why you guys keep bringing up GS, Cavs aren't making it past Boston.

The Celtics are a younger, hungrier, better coached team that is now comparable in talent as well. They're probably gonna have HCA too since Cavs will be without IT for a decent portion of the season.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Orlando Magic
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku

The Celtics are a younger, hungrier, better coached team that is now comparable in talent as well. They're probably gonna have HCA too since Cavs will be without IT for a decent portion of the season.

Haha... I can't wait to see how Boston turns out... I think they've gotten worse... I might be wrong... wouldn't be the first time... but all these Kyrie jockers... I really can't wait to see it. Most interesting part of the season for me personally.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

The conversation on this board is stunning in its complexity and depth of knowledge.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #14
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku

I'm a Celtics fan and I really don't think so, not yet. The Celtics need one more star to seriously contend. Maybe Brown and/or Tatum make the leap. Who knows?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #15
tpols
we already won

Quote:

Rose and wade are awful fits next to bron...there's a reason Cleveland strategy was kyrie bron iso ball with max shooters to spread and give them space. Their current cluster**** ain't winning jack.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: