Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #16
r15mohd
College star

Default Re: Reason ABC cancelled 2nd biggest show. Don't want a "likeable conservative character"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
But it was. You all keep pretending like that had anything to do with it, when everything thats been posted says the complete opposite.

I dont understand why this keeps being repeated.

Makes your case stronger, I guess?

what's considered strong viewership for you? because outside of it's last season (ranked 41), it never broke top50. so i mean there's that.

ABC decided to not do comedies at all on Friday nights, and guess where this program was scheduled? Dr. Ken, O'Neals were also cancelled too
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:01 AM   #17
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Re: Reason ABC cancelled 2nd biggest show. Don't want a "likeable conservative character"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
what's considered strong viewership for you? because outside of it's last season (ranked 41), it never broke top50. so i mean there's that.

ABC decided to not do comedies at all on Friday nights, and guess where this program was scheduled? Dr. Ken, O'Neals were also cancelled too

You know that the difference in viewership between (for example, in 2012) 53rd and 18th was 7%, Mr. Wikipedia?

Quote:
ABC has opted not to renew the longtime Friday 8 PM anchor for Season 7 despite the fact that the blue-collar sitcom was ABC’s second most watched comedy this season with 8.1 million viewers in Live +7, only behind flagship Modern Family (8,7 million). It was the third most watched ABC scripted series overall behind Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family.

And why are you comparing this show (which aired Friday at 8pm, possibly the worst time to air a show) to shows like Sunday Night Football and College Game Day? Because that's what Wikipedia said its ranking was? Imagine if Last Man Standing aired on night like, say, Wednesday at 9pm... like Modern Family.

So it was the third most watched show on ABC, but you think that's not good enough? Man, I'm surprised they have any shows on ABC if the criteria to continue production is 'be first or second, or be discontinued'.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #18
Dresta
A humble prophet

Television is mostly propaganda and social conditioning: no shit. It used to be a lot more subtle, but now it's Bill Nye's "science" shows with their songs about the gender spectrum and some disgusting harlot's "sex junk"

Turn the TV off guiz
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #19
r15mohd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
You know that the difference in viewership between (for example, in 2012) 53rd and 18th was 7%, Mr. Wikipedia?

And why are you comparing this show (which aired Friday at 8pm, possibly the worst time to air a show) to shows like Sunday Night Football and College Game Day? Because that's what Wikipedia said its ranking was? Imagine if Last Man Standing aired on night like, say, Wednesday at 9pm... like Modern Family.

So it was the third most watched show on ABC, but you think that's not good enough? Man, I'm surprised they have any shows on ABC if the criteria to continue production is 'be first or second, or be discontinued'.

do facts scare you?

ranked outside of top 20 on syndicated TV
Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/wee...rch-6-12-2017/
Link: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/wee...ch-13-19-2017/

and this being during it's best season

also, the decision made was to cut all comedy from Friday night on ABC...if it were a political motive, why end all and not just Allen's show? also, any reason there's no remarks to the other point I initially made and refuting those -- high salary, no rerun ownership, in a positive after such a long run (side of rarity for these shows)?
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: