Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #46
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

Default Re: Where do you rank Lost amongst other GOAT tier shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
I'm sorry that I type 115 wpm and read significantly faster than you also.
first off, tone it down, it was a joke. i'm watching lost as we speak so i don't really want to read anything too long so as to take my eyes off the tv and miss an important scene.

Last edited by highwhey : 09-28-2017 at 10:44 PM.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:42 PM   #47
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Yeah you've just got time to take a picture of your screen and post it online because you're oh so encompassed as to not miss anything...
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:43 PM   #48
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

Quote:
Yeah you've just got time to take a picture of your screen and post it online because you're oh so encompassed as to not miss anything...
dude i've noticed you get butthurt over the smallest of things.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #49
ScalsFan21
3 FMVP Fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
first off, tone it down, it was a joke. i'm watching lost as we speak so i don't really want to read anything too long so as to take my eyes off the tv and miss an important scene.

In that case what's the GOAT episode? I'm going with "Through the Looking Glass Pt. 2" but I feel like that's too conventional a choice. Maybe one of the early Sawyer episodes or the S1 finale.
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 AM   #50
Bawkish
Serious playground baller

it's not even Damon Lindelof's (LOST creator) masterpiece, that belongs to The Leftovers, which is so criminally underrated because of the Lost fiasco

In terms of writing, acting and story telling, no other show today would be better than The Leftovers. If i'd rate my 10 best TV series, they are:

The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
The Leftovers
Game of Thrones
Hannibal
The Shield
Banshee
Six Feet Under
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:46 AM   #51
warriorfan
The Bully

Quote:
Lost ended up being garbage because they just kept writing mysterious shit and didn't wrap it up properly. I mean, don't get me wrong... it would be pretty tough given the fact that they had to just keep adding filler after filler due to the show's popularity, but it just felt like a hot mess by the end. In terms of suspense and the journey itself, it was great... but you can't really watch it again because you know the ending is so lackluster.

The Sopranos is the best TV show I've ever seen and it had some of the best acting I've ever seen, also. Unfortunately there was a season or two in the middle that was slow and uninteresting, as again, it was just stretched out with filler due to its' popularity and not because it was actually going anywhere. This show had everything you could possibly hope for... Tony is one of the first if not the first major antihero I can remember being in a TV series in which they made you root for the bad guy. The series was simply masterful. I personally wasn't satisfied with the ending even though I knew what happened immediately despite the fact that there was a massive debate at first. From an artistic perspective the last scene was amazing but in terms of satisfaction for me as a viewer, I didn't enjoy it then and I don't enjoy it now. I wanted to see Tony get popped. My butt cheeks were clinched in those closing moments.

Breaking Bad was amazing and as has been parroted over the years, Cranston's performance was nothing short of a masterpiece. The most distinct moment of the entire series for me personally was I think an episode called "Half Measures" or something in which Walter comes sailing it out of no where in his car from the camera and storytelling perspective and runs over the two hispanic drug dealers, gets out of the car, and like it's the most natural thing in the world... quickly trots over to grab a gun on the ground and as calm as can be and without hesitation he just shoots the one crawling away right in the head... as casual as if it's just eating cereal or something. I was like wow, this character has done a total 180... lol obviously that's the entire point of the series but that was the one moment I will never forget just because of his complete calmness. I also didn't like the ending to this one either but I'm honestly not sure what they could have done differently. I wish Walter would have just gone in somewhere guns blazing and gone down in a massive firefight or something. Obviously the ending was far more fitting for his character and the story and as with the Sopranos, for that reason I can't knock it from an artistic perspective, but it just wasn't satisfying... I wanted a more intense and personal level of violence as an ending instead of an impersonal gun shooting from a trunk.

I am hard to please with endings but Lost sucked it up bad... the Sopranos and BB had good endings artistically, I just wasn't pleased.

I've been rewatching the sopranos latley and I'm almost done with the first season. Almost better the second time around.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #52
alenleomessi
L

first two seasons of dexter were good shit as well
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:47 AM   #53
Gatorade Sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
While I think BB is top 5 ever, I do have to agree with this.
Iíve tried to rewatch the show, literally impossible now that I know what will happen. I wish I could wipe any memory I had of the show out of my brain.

I watched it twice, once by myself and once later with the Mrs. Definitely rewatchable, I saw that box cutter the 2nd time around and knew what was up.
Gatorade Sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #54
Gatorade Sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
first two seasons of dexter were good shit as well

I didn't mind the trinity killer.
Gatorade Sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #55
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Lost is about the 'journey'. It revolutionized different genres. But the Lost universe extended past the show, there was a world that lived outside of it and within it. That experience and it's impact is one of the reasons why imo is a top 10 show ever.

For all of its faults, it also has a number of great pros.

The production values were awesome. The show was cinematic in every way, from the effects to the score. But the writing was as great at its best as any tv show ever. The acting by some of its cast was amongst the best all time as well.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: