Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Re: NFL Ticket Sales Are Down 17.9% For Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
They aren't 'giving the finger to the right' or 'protesting the anthem'

I mean...no matter how many times it's explained to you dummies you still just can't grasp it. It's not hard to grasp either.

If they weren't, then why did they choose to kneel during the anthem?

It's because they knew doing it that way would draw more attention, right? Yes. If they just knelt randomly, nobody would pay it any attention, right? Right.

Ok, why would it draw more attention that way? Cause it'd piss people off, right? Yes.

Tell me again how they didn't mean to disrespect the flag? I mean, you can talk circles around and around and then back up into your asshole and out your mouth if you want, but let's not pretend like kneeling during the anthem was an accident, okay?

I think we all have at least that much common sense.
UK2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #17
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
If they weren't, then why did they choose to kneel during the anthem?

It's because they knew doing it that way would draw more attention, right? Yes.

Ok, why would it draw more attention that way? Cause it'd piss people off, right? Yes.

Tell me again how they didn't mean to disrespect the flag? I mean, you can talk circles around and around and then back up into your asshole and out your mouth if you want, but let's not pretend like kneeling during the anthem was an accident, okay?

I think we all have at least that much common sense.
The players didn't collectively agree to piss on the anthem dumdum...Kap started it...you can read up on why he choose to do the things the way he did.

Had Kap not started this, it wouldn't be going on...but the reason it is happening during the anthem, is because Kap originated it there.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #18
SunsN07BookIt
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Until Trumps tweets is was about police brutality

Now it's morphed into a protest against Trump's divisiveness

point is...it has NEVER EVER been a protest against the anthem, or flags, or country, or military, etc

It's not about the protesting against the right but it's against the leader the right put in power. It's not about the anthem but they are protesting during the anthem. Common sense is not a strong suit of the left.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #19
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

So now would be the time to hop on cheal tickets?

Also, anyone know of these idiots who burned their tickets? I'm sure they can still get tickets online from the team website so maybe there's someone in Mass that was dumb enough to do it so I can hop on that.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

here READ THIS:

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francis...ational-anthem

that is the origins of it...don't create your own "the NFL hates the flag" origin, because that's retarded.

unfortunately much of the country is 'Merica tarded
Old 09-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I hated this topic when Kap started it, I really did. What sucks is that before Trump tweeted, this topic was old news, it was going away. There were still a few random players kneeling, but everyone stopped giving a shit, it wasn't news any more.

NOW, that Trump tweeted it up...it has new life stronger than it ever had. TRUMP is now the source of the kneeling. And the strength this topic has now is enough to last through the whole season, it's not going away....smh
Old 09-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
source?

It's from a Washington Examiner article (lol) that is quoting a stat from the secondary ticket market website TickPick (lol).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #23
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
It's not about the protesting against the right but it's against the leader the right put in power. It's not about the anthem but they are protesting during the anthem. Common sense is not a strong suit of the left.

Cap started this last year when Obama was in office.

He also made it clear he was anything but pro-Hillary. Trump, in typical gaslighting fashion, turned the protests into an attack on America and "teh troops".

I personally think it's hilarious that a draft-dodging POS who shit on a POW and a Gold Star family during his campaign while running on the premise that America is a shithole only he can fix, is running around acting like he's the last word on patriotism. The same idiot who compared our founding fathers to traitors like Jefferson Davis and Robert E Lee just a few weeks ago.

Right-wing nut jobs are comically FOS on this issue.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #24
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

I never again want to hear these dumbass football players come at NBA players contracts ever again
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #25
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
It's like saying Rosa Parks was protesting the 'bus'.
Uh, it was literally called the "Montgomery bus boycott" dude. They were protesting public transit policy of segregated seating on the bus. Their protest wasn't some random act that had nothing to do with the bus system.

If you believe that a particular police precinct is unfairly treating a group of people, then go protest that police precinct. Why protest symbols of America?

Newsflash for these players. The federal government doesn't have control over local police. Blaming America in general makes no sense and makes you look like a dumbass who doesn't even know what you're protesting.

This isn't really about police brutality anyways. You'll notice that when people thought North Carolina was discriminating against transgenders, the NBA, the NCAA other groups and people protested North Carolina. Nobody protested America in general.

When that lady in Kentucky was refusing to issue gay-marriage licenses, people who were upset about it protested that local government, not America.

Pro-life people protest abortion clinics, not America.

Police brutality is just being used as an excuse to inject anti-Americanism into football.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #26
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Police brutality is just being used as an excuse to inject anti-Americanism into football.
Okay so in your head, the NFL players hate America, and are just using police brutality as an excuse to protest America.

Brilliant take
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Some people are going to ignore Kap's words altogether and make this into what they want it to be.

It's a major when non-NFL fans who have no idea who Kap is start ranting about this.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #28
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Okay so in your head, the NFL players hate America, and are just using police brutality as an excuse to protest America.

Brilliant take
In your own link, Kaepernick makes it crystal clear that his protest is against the country. He only lists "police brutality" as one of the things he dislikes about the country. He doesn't even mention "police brutality" until the 4th paragraph.

It's an anti-America protest.

As to why other players are protesting, I haven't heard any of them explain their reasons. I'm just speaking about Kaepernick. The dude walks around in a Castro t-shirt. It's not exactly subtle.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:45 PM   #29
Trollsmasher
The Fam

NFL is a hate organization
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
In your own link, Kaepernick makes it crystal clear that his protest is against the country. He only lists "police brutality" as one of the things he dislikes about the country. He doesn't even mention "police brutality" until the 4th paragraph.

It's an anti-America protest.

As to why other players are protesting, I haven't heard any of them explain their reasons. I'm just speaking about Kaepernick. The dude walks around in a Castro t-shirt. It's not exactly subtle.
Oppression in general, he says if he has to name ONE thing it is police brutality, and his kneeling came after police shootings last year.

It doesn't even really matter though NOW why Kap did it...going forward it is protesting Trump's tweets...he is the reason players are kneeling now

If you think that NFL players just 'hate America'...that is your own retarded biased take on it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: