Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-28-2017, 06:59 PM   #31
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: NFL Ticket Sales Are Down 17.9% For Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Oppression in general, he says if he has to name ONE thing it is police brutality, and his kneeling came after police shootings last year.
So then we agree. It's NOT about police brutality.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #32
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

It was up until Trumps tweets...now it is about Trumps tweets

It's never been a stand against 'America' in general. Or flags. Or songs.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #33
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
It's from a Washington Examiner article (lol) that is quoting a stat from the secondary ticket market website TickPick (lol).

No wonder these clowns didn't post it

Right-wingers love fake news if it helps them push muh narrative
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #34
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
So then we agree. It's NOT about police brutality.

Protesting and/or acknowledging that there are effed up aspects about this country does not in itself make one unpatriotic.

Dickface ran on the premise that he would Make America Great Again. Translation: America isn't great right now. In fact, he made it pretty clear that it is anything BUT great. Is he un-American?
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #35
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Oppression in general, he says if he has to name ONE thing it is police brutality, and his kneeling came after police shootings last year.

It doesn't even really matter though NOW why Kap did it...going forward it is protesting Trump's tweets...he is the reason players are kneeling now

If you think that NFL players just 'hate America'...that is your own retarded biased take on it

Bro. Why are you even trying?
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #36
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Bro. Why are you even trying?
I ask myself that in here all the time. I don't know.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 PM   #37
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
If they weren't, then why did they choose to kneel during the anthem?

It's because they knew doing it that way would draw more attention, right? Yes. If they just knelt randomly, nobody would pay it any attention, right? Right.

Ok, why would it draw more attention that way? Cause it'd piss people off, right? Yes.

Tell me again how they didn't mean to disrespect the flag? I mean, you can talk circles around and around and then back up into your asshole and out your mouth if you want, but let's not pretend like kneeling during the anthem was an accident, okay?

I think we all have at least that much common sense.

I thought you supported the kneeling? Are you backing down now and saying you are not okay with the kneeling bc it is disrespecting the flag?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 PM   #38
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
Protesting and/or acknowledging that there are effed up aspects about this country does not in itself make one unpatriotic.
Of course there are problems. I don't like the abortion laws. I don't like sanctuary cities. There's plenty of things I don't like, but I wouldn't protest the flag or the anthem.

The bottom line is, it begs the question. Why would you refuse to stand for your own flag? Maybe they don't view it as their flag.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:56 PM   #39
tpols
we already won

The ****ed up thing is trump spent all weekend hating on this NFL bullshit while people have been dropping like flies in Puerto rico due to getting hit by two massive hurricanes.

The first thing trump did in response to their disaster was bring up how much money they owe his wall St. Buddies...
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:02 PM   #40
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
The ****ed up thing is trump spent all weekend hating on this NFL bullshit while people have been dropping like flies in Puerto rico due to getting hit by two massive hurricanes.
I know right. If he didn't tweet, those hurricanes would've never happened.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #41
tpols
we already won

Quote:

If he would've shown half the urgency and enthusiasm he did for Texas support wouldve arrived earlier...been reading accounts of all sorts of people dying cause lack of power at hospitals... You guys could care less though. For all yall know PR is part of,Mexico and who were trying to keep out with da wall. Good riddance right?
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #42
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
If he would've shown half the urgency and enthusiasm he did for Texas support wouldve arrived earlier...been reading accounts of all sorts of people dying cause lack of power at hospitals...
Yeah, PR's entire power grid was taken out. As you may or may not know, Texas and PR have different power grids. The fact that PR is an island probably tipped you off though.

You're right though. Trump should have made the power grid not go out. He totally should have attached a bunch batteries to it or something.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #43
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Of course there are problems. I don't like the abortion laws. I don't like sanctuary cities. There's plenty of things I don't like, but I wouldn't protest the flag or the anthem.

The bottom line is, it begs the question. Why would you refuse to stand for your own flag? Maybe they don't view it as their flag.
Thousand if not millions of Americans protested the flag during the debacles in Vietnam and Iraq, and with good reason. They're no less patriotic than you, and history has vindicated them.

Protesting police brutality isn't a trivial issue, no matter how insignificant you think the statistics on fatal police shootings are.

Quote:

Trump hasnt paid nearly as much attention to Puerto Rico as he did Texas and Florida and you know it. He only recently (reluctantly) waived the Jones Act so more aid can reach the island. That should have been done the day after the hurricane. It's not just the tweeting, embarrassing as that is.

Last edited by ThePhantomCreep : 09-28-2017 at 11:42 PM.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #44
Poetry
Local High School Star

Quote:

Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #45
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

The first thing trump did in response to their disaster was bring up how much money they owe his wall St. Buddies...

Guess what? 95% of Americans don't give a shit about Puerto Ricans. 99.9% of Americans don't care that some random ethnic group is getting genocide in Burma. Or that

You probably have nearly half the country that thinks police brutality on minorities or something about muh russia is a bigger priority than the hurricane hitting Puerto Rico. Then you probably have like 30% of the country who thinks that the other half are communist infiltrators trying to ruin America. All I heard this week was about the whole kneeling thing and police brutality. And that's from both whites and blacks We're all out of ****ing touch in this country and no one is listening to each other. Blacks are acting like professional victims while Whites are acting like spoiled elitists complaining that the other "half" have no respect for the United States.

I'm just so sick of having Police Brutality as the "main issue" facing this country.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: