Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #31
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Default Re: Adam SIlver expects players to stand for the national anthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Yo
Then please, by all means, enlighten me how I don't understand when there's a time and place to protest something.

Lol. The burden of proof is on you.

Give me an example of when it was a "good time and place" to protest.

This should be good
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #32
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Keep in mind throughout all of this....

Colin Kaepernick, a dude who has put up MILLIONS of his own dollars, and still putting up his own money through charitable causes, both domestic and abroad, is unemployed for kneeling during the anthem to protest police brutality and social injustice.

Don't lose sight of that. He's the only one that truly stuck his neck out for something...

Interesting to see how history views him now....
Old 09-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #33
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Don't lose sight of that. He's the only one that truly stuck his neck out for something...

I gotta hand it to him. He's been willing to risk his career to make society better. He's braver than everyone criticizing and blacklisting him.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #34
aj1987
MH!

Quote:

Colin Kaepernick, a dude who has put up MILLIONS of his own dollars, and still putting up his own money through charitable causes, both domestic and abroad, is unemployed for kneeling during the anthem to protest police brutality and social injustice.

Source?

He wouldn't be unemployed if he wasn't such a terrible QB.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #35
fourkicks44
Sixers' Hype Man

Why even have the anthem play?

Maybe at the ASG or during the Finals. But every ****ing game?

Usless outdated tradition. Who gives a flying f#ck? Just play the basketball game.
fourkicks44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #36
scuzzy
Life After L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkicks44
Why even have the anthem play?

Maybe at the ASG or during the Finals. But every ****ing game?

Usless outdated tradition. Who gives a flying f#ck? Just play the basketball game.
awkward right?

imagine growing up and having to resite The Pledge of Allegiance everyday to start school

o wait
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #37
Hey Yo
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Lol. The burden of proof is on you.

Give me an example of when it was a "good time and place" to protest.

This should be good
How is it on me, retard?

You're the one saying I don't knowing what protesting means. Please use your wisdom to tell the board the correct way to protest or STFU, Chico.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #38
Hey Yo
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

He stuck his neck out to call police "modern day slave catchers, wore clothing with pigs wearing police hats and he also praised Castro.

Don't lose sight of that.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #39
LostCause
Local High School Star

Regardless if you think they should stand or kneel, ultimately the fact is it's peaceful protest. When large showings of peaceful protest are ignored or especially muffled, things historically get pretty ugly after that
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #40
scuzzy
Life After L.A.

Quote:

You mean the same Kaepernick that didn't go out and vote on election day?

and yeah, gunna need source for the millions spent by Kaep on charities, i'll wait..
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #41
aj1987
MH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
That's bizarre. Your supreme court ruled that way?
Yep. To promote nationalism.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:47 PM   #42
jbryan1984
Great college starter

I gotta tell ya, I don't at all get Colin kneeling a few years ago (when Obama was president btw) to protest the police. What does the police have to do with your flag at a football game? My grandfather was mugged by an African American man in a dark parking lot years ago..... Maybe I should of refused to stand for the pledge when I was in 5th grade? Sorry, I just don't get it. There are good cops, there are bad cops. Always been that way, always will. Anybody who refuses to stand is in fact disrespecting America. No way around it. You aren't disrespecting a bad cop, you are disrespecting the men and women who died so you have the legal right to kneel. Many other countries would lock you away for that. Lol and of course since Donald Trump is president now, its his fault of course, all his fault.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #43
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984
I gotta tell ya, I don't at all get Colin kneeling a few years ago (when Obama was president btw) to protest the police. What does the police have to do with your flag at a football game? My grandfather was mugged by an African American man in a dark parking lot years ago..... Maybe I should of refused to stand for the pledge when I was in 5th grade? Sorry, I just don't get it. There are good cops, there are bad cops. Always been that way, always will. Anybody who refuses to stand is in fact disrespecting America. No way around it. You aren't disrespecting a bad cop, you are disrespecting the men and women who died so you have the legal right to kneel. Many other countries would lock you away for that. Lol and of course since Donald Trump is president now, its his fault of course, all his fault.

Judging by your post you won't ever understand it. Bow out champ.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #44
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984

the " a few bad apples" argument for cops doesn't work in the 21st century, buddy.

we now have videos of cops shooting unarmed people, infiltrating peaceful protests, planting drugs on people and in their property, escalating tense situations while pointing their guns at civilians and etc.

it's a criminal institution to be honest. I agree, there's good cops out there, but the institution is criminal and has been for a long time.

changes must be made.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:54 PM   #45
jbryan1984
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Judging by your post you won't ever understand it. Bow out champ.

You are right, I don't. I have too much respect from the men and women, white, BLACK, ASIAN, MEXICAN, whatever color, they are Americans, who died for this country. I;m sure we all have had a family member, whether we knew them or not die in some war. Disrespecting our flag is saying they died for nothing. It blows my mind that people are OK with this.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: