Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

To either the Browns or 49'ers. And we draft Darnold.

Both teams are loaded full of picks to withstand trading away multiple picks and still having enough to continue building around Luck.

We need so much more than Luck that all of his athletic prime will be wasted before we get the type of team around him that is needed to win a title.

Our new GM has no ties to Luck.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 18,786
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Brissett will be a franchise QB
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,204
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

You only trade Luck if you feel that he hasn't recovered from his injuries and that you don't think he'll be durable again. Other than that you don't trade a QB of Luck's caliber. He's the type of player that franchises trade all their assets for. He's shown he can carry horrible Colt teams into the playoffs.

If anything the Colts should just trade down their top pick for a shit ton of assets, just look at how much the 49ers got for trading down one spot in last years draft. They'll probably draft a bunch of busts knowing the Colts tho.

They should also do what ever it takes to get Harbaugh back in the NFL to coach up his boy.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
You only trade Luck if you feel that he hasn't recovered from his injuries and that you don't think he'll be durable again. Other than that you don't trade a QB of Luck's caliber. He's the type of player that franchises trade all their assets for. He's shown he can carry horrible Colt teams into the playoffs.

If anything the Colts should just trade down their top pick for a shit ton of assets, just look at how much the 49ers got for trading down one spot in last years draft. They'll probably draft a bunch of busts knowing the Colts tho.

They should also do what ever it takes to get Harbaugh back in the NFL to coach up his boy.

Which is why he would be traded. Trading him jump starts our rebuild by years. Ballard (Our GM) actually knows how to build a team and in his mind armed with all those extra picks from trading Luck can build the type of team needed around Darnold to entrench us firmly as a AFC contender for years.


Ballard has shown no regard for keeping high picks from Grigsons era. He traded Dorsett, he traded Allen. He will trade Luck if he gets his price.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,204
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Which is why he would be traded. Trading him jump starts our rebuild by years. Ballard (Our GM) actually knows how to build a team and in his mind armed with all those extra picks from trading Luck can build the type of team needed around Darnold to entrench us firmly as a AFC contender for years.


Ballard has shown no regard for keeping high picks from Grigsons era. He traded Dorsett, he traded Allen. He will trade Luck if he gets his price.

But how much in return can the Colts get from trading luck as opposed to the first or second overall pick? I think there's a point where a team decides its enough and won't trade any more assets. For example(hypothetical), Lets say you get 4 first round picks and 2nd rounders for Luck (or w/e crazy amount) but instead you can get 3 first round picks for that top overall pick. You'll get diminishing returns for trading luck, are those two extra second round picks worth is as opposed to trading the first overall pick? Furthermore, you're banking on this Darnold kid or w/e QB you draft to be a star. We know they aren't going to be on Luck's level and finding a QB of Luck's caliber is near impossible.

But it does get tricky for Indy as they'll be in win now mode soon. You cant be stock piling on future drafts as Luck starts to age. So theoretically you probably should trade him.I think the best scenario for Indy would be trying to get a large ransom for that first overall pick and using those assets to improve. Like if they can get a RG3 type of deal. Trade one of those first round picks for a stand out player on a good contract, etc.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #6
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 11,054
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

I think your right lil carby.

Luck is one of the few TRULY injury prone players in the league

His football iq is decent, but his injury avoiding iq Ian absolutely one of the worst I've seen.

Especially when seeing how smOart our qb plays


I would get a hall while you can

Bump this poast over next few years after each luck injury that comes directly from having low injury iq.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
But how much in return can the Colts get from trading luck as opposed to the first or second overall pick? I think there's a point where a team decides its enough and won't trade any more assets. For example(hypothetical), Lets say you get 4 first round picks and 2nd rounders for Luck (or w/e crazy amount) but instead you can get 3 first round picks for that top overall pick. You'll get diminishing returns for trading luck, are those two extra second round picks worth is as opposed to trading the first overall pick? Furthermore, you're banking on this Darnold kid or w/e QB you draft to be a star. We know they aren't going to be on Luck's level and finding a QB of Luck's caliber is near impossible.

But it does get tricky for Indy as they'll be in win now mode soon. You cant be stock piling on future drafts as Luck starts to age. So theoretically you probably should trade him.I think the best scenario for Indy would be trying to get a large ransom for that first overall pick and using those assets to improve. Like if they can get a RG3 type of deal. Trade one of those first round picks for a stand out player on a good contract, etc.

Are you saying we could trade luck, get the ransom (including the first overall pick) and then trade the first overall pick for even more picks?

Last edited by Carbine : 09-26-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:11 AM   #8
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,011
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Are you saying we could trade luck, get the ransom (including the first overall pick) and then trade the first overall pick for even more picks?

What sense would that make? Trade up to #1 just to trade it again? Don't get too cute about it or overthink this one. Either your guy is at the top of this draft or there's no reason to cash in on Luck to move all the way up there.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:13 AM   #9
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
I think your right lil carby.

Luck is one of the few TRULY injury prone players in the league

His football iq is decent, but his injury avoiding iq Ian absolutely one of the worst I've seen.

Especially when seeing how smOart our qb plays


I would get a hall while you can

Bump this poast over next few years after each luck injury that comes directly from having low injury iq.

Nonsense.

Historically Luck has been a very sturdy QB, and his recent injury struggles are more due to playing behind a horrendous offensive line with near zero rushing threat rather than his "injury iq" imo. Luck never once sustained a significant injury in college, and he played all 16 games his first 3 NFL seasons without appearing on the injury report a single time. He missed half of 2015 after he ****ed up his shoulder, but he played 15 games in 2016.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-26-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:39 AM   #10
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

I think the Colts rebuild is gonna take more than 1 season. If you guys put Darnold into this offense with zero running game, a very questionable offensive line, and some of the worst coaching in the NFL... that seems like a potential recipe for disaster.

The Colts have below average talent at almost every position on the field, so I think instead of putting tons of eggs into one basket like Darnold, it makes more sense to spread the eggs out and get as many draft picks as possible. If I was the Colts GM I would trade away Luck (if the price is right) and also trade down with my 2017 first round pick, and then I would use all those extra picks for rebuilding the defense, beefing up the offensive line, getting a young stud RB, and maybe trying my luck on a 3rd-5th round QB with the hope that I get a Derrick Carr, Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott. Aside from Luck, the Colts dont really have any big contracts on their books, so trading Luck and filling the team with dudes on rookie contracts would also give them a ton of money to play with in free agency.

The AFC is competitive as hell right now with Denver, KC, Oakland, and maaaybe Pittsburgh looking like they could be superbowl teams... and yet all of those fantastic teams are underdogs because the GOAT QB and GOAT coach already own the AFC. The AFC south is also the strongest it has been in years - Tennessee is loaded on offense and just torched two of the best defenses in the league the past two weeks, Jacksonville seems like it might finally be a legit team, and the Texans have quite a bit of talent. Considering the level of competition in the AFC right now, this seems like a great time for a team like the colts to go full rebuild mode.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-26-2017 at 05:58 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #11
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,673
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

they won't trade him if he comes back healthy and they shouldn't. If he comes back as damaged goods like Colt Mccoy did after he f*cked his shoulder up at Texas then they should consider moving him.

No QB needy team is going to trade down from the top spot and pass on a franchise QB though. That's a pipe dream.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #12
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
What sense would that make? Trade up to #1 just to trade it again? Don't get too cute about it or overthink this one. Either your guy is at the top of this draft or there's no reason to cash in on Luck to move all the way up there.


I would take Darnold, but it it worth at least speculating about.

Say the Colts have the 5th overall pick and the 49ers have the 1st overall.

They trade Luck to the 49ers for that 1st overall, a 2nd rounder and a future first.

Now they have the 1st overall, 5th overall, two 2nd rounders, a future 1st in their pocket.

You could then turn around and trade that #1 pick for another ransom similar to the RG3 trade and add even more picks to what you already have.

I wouldn't pass on Darnold though.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #13
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I would take Darnold, but it it worth at least speculating about.

Say the Colts have the 5th overall pick and the 49ers have the 1st overall.

They trade Luck to the 49ers for that 1st overall, a 2nd rounder and a future first.

Now they have the 1st overall, 5th overall, two 2nd rounders, a future 1st in their pocket.

You could then turn around and trade that #1 pick for another ransom similar to the RG3 trade and add even more picks to what you already have.

I wouldn't pass on Darnold though.

Why would the rebuilding niners trade 1st overall, a 2nd rounder, and a future first in exchange for Luck @ $25mil/yr when they could just take Darnold on a 4 year rookie deal with that #1 and keep the rest of their picks? The 9ers need those picks, like the Colts they have holes all over the roster.

I think the teams that would be most likely to give up a bushel of picks for Luck are talented teams that would potentially be put over the top by a good QB and dont have too many holes to fill - Denver, Jags, Giants... something like that.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-26-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 11,054
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Nonsense.

Historically Luck has been a very sturdy QB, and his recent injury struggles are more due to playing behind a horrendous offensive line with near zero rushing threat rather than his "injury iq" imo. Luck never once sustained a significant injury in college, and he played all 16 games his first 3 NFL seasons without appearing on the injury report a single time. He missed half of 2015 after he ****ed up his shoulder, but he played 15 games in 2016.




How he hurt his spleen again????




Comeon bro. He dodge land mines. He plays super dumb

I'll wait for the spleen/ back injury doe ....
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: I think we're going to trade Luck this off-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Why would the rebuilding niners trade 1st overall, a 2nd rounder, and a future first in exchange for Luck @ $25mil/yr when they could just take Darnold on a 4 year rookie deal with that #1 and keep the rest of their picks? The 9ers need those picks, like the Colts they have holes all over the roster.

I think the teams that would be most likely to give up a bushel of picks for Luck are talented teams that would potentially be put over the top by a good QB and dont have too many holes to fill - Denver, Jags, Giants... something like that.

Because the 49ers have a plethora of picks. I believe they have two picks in each of the second third and fourth rounds. They actually have a young defense. The whole dline is littered with high first rounders. Reuben foster is a Luke Kuechly type ILB prospect they have. Young safety duo.

Obviously they need work but they're a lot farther along than the Colts are.

You make the trade because luck is a known commidity. 10 years of luck is worth a lot. I'd say the 49ers compete for the divison within two years if they made the trade.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy