Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals
 
ISHGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: protesting
Posts: 5,780
Default Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

First in Points,
First in Free Throws Made,
First in Win Shares,
Second in Threes Made,
Second in Minutes Played,
Second in Steals,
Third in Assists,
Third in Field Goals,
Seventh in Games Played,
Seventh in Rebounds,
Twenty-First in Blocks.

Plus his array of legendary performances in the NBA Finals, in elimination games, and in legacy games.

I think a solid case can be made that he is the NBA Playoffs GOAT and will continue to pull further away in the record books from his peers.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,884
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Top 3 in finals losses

Without few more cakewalks, he'll be sitting pretty with Jerry West at number 1.

No shame in losing 5+ finals.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
riseagainst
LeGOAT
 
riseagainst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,830
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Yes.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals
 
ISHGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: protesting
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Top 3 in finals losses

Without few more cakewalks, he'll be sitting pretty with Jerry West at number 1.

No shame in losing 5+ finals.

Lebron:

2007 ECF Game 5 vs Pistons - 48 points and 25 straight points to seal the game
2009 ECF Game 2 vs Magic - 3pt Buzzer Beater
2012 ECF Game 6 vs Boston - Beastmode 45/15/5 in Legacy game
2013 Finals Game 6 vs Spurs - Triple double and comeback (genuine credits to Ray Allen and Bosh as well)
2013 Finals Game 7 vs Spurs - 37/12/4 with 2 steals on 70% TS. Midrange daggers FOR DAYS.
2015 Finals Series vs GSW - Historical individual performance and and display of courage after his two best teammates went down
2016 Finals Series vs GSW - This series made him GOAT. The 3-1 comeback. The Block. Leading both teams in all categories.
2017 Finals Series vs GSW - First man to average a triple double in the finals.

Kobe:
What memorable playoff games does Kobe have? How many legendary finals series does he have?
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #5
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,293
Lightbulb Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Playing against easy competition in the East is very damaging to his legacy in those regards

It's like how Wilt averaged 50 points per game but he did it against total bums so it's taken with a grain of salt
warriorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals
 
ISHGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: protesting
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Playing against easy competition in the East is very damaging to his legacy in those regards

It's like how Wilt averaged 50 points per game but he did it against total bums so it's taken with a grain of salt

Then Kobe has 0 rings since he won all his rings against total bums in the east.

Lebron has 6 rings because since the west is so strong, every ring counts as double
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,293
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
Then Kobe has 0 rings since he won all his rings against total bums in the east.

Lebron has 6 rings because since the west is so strong, every ring counts as double

What ever helps you sleep at night bud.
warriorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #8
scuzzy
Life After L.A.
 
scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 6,841
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
First in Points,
First in Free Throws Made,
First in Win Shares,
Second in Threes Made,
Second in Minutes Played,
Second in Steals,
Third in Assists,
Third in Field Goals,
Seventh in Games Played,
Seventh in Rebounds,
Twenty-First in Blocks.

Plus his array of legendary performances in the NBA Finals, in elimination games, and in legacy games.

I think a solid case can be made that he is the NBA Playoffs GOAT and will continue to pull further away in the record books from his peers.
scuzzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
Marchesk
El Sid Stan
 
Marchesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,546
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

It's either Bill Russell or Michael Jordan.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff
 
FreezingTsmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,287
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Dude didnt play a lick of defense in last years finals and OPs excuse was he was gassed
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals
 
ISHGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: protesting
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Dude didnt play a lick of defense in last years finals and OPs excuse was he was gassed

He was gassed bro. I'm working as a physiotherapist and in my professional and trained experience, I could tell that he was super gassed.


Mustard gassed.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff
 
FreezingTsmoove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,287
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
He was gassed bro. I'm working as a physiotherapist and in my professional and trained experience, I could tell that he was super gassed.


Mustard gassed.

Ive seen it all! Lebron stans are using a lack of stamina as a legitimate excuse to not playing any defense!!
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #13
jayfan
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,299
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

No.

The goal of the postseason is to make the Finals and win the Championship.

6 for 6 is the Finals GOAT, and thus the postseason GOAT.


.
jayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #14
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,354
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

MJ is the GOAT for both regular and post season.

/thread.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #15
Gus Hemmingway
Banned
 
Gus Hemmingway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 5,015
Default Re: Is Lebron the Postseason GOAT?

Donít forget: Never lost in the 1st round




Thatís criteria #1 when judging the GOATs
Gus Hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy