Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Police: 'No evidence' of excessive force in Michael Bennett incident

Quote:

The body camera of the officer who initially detained Bennett was not turned on. Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Friday that police sorted through 861 videos, including from body cameras from other officers and hotel security cameras, and found that 193 were pertinent to the investigation. From there, they said they pieced together a timeline of the incident and played video for the media at a news conference. They said Bennett's detainment lasted about 10 minutes, seven of which were spent in a police car.

The video shown by police showed an officer with his weapon drawn over Bennett on the sidewalk. Police said Bennett was handcuffed, moved to a police vehicle and spoken to by another officer, who told Bennett that police were looking for an active shooter. After an exchange with police that lasted a few minutes, police took the handcuffs off Bennett and he was told he could leave. Bennett shook one of the officers' hands and walked away.

Quote:
Bennett told reporters earlier this month that the incident was "a traumatic experience for me and my family" and he was considering filing a civil rights lawsuit.

Bennett first gave his side of the incident on Twitter on Sept 6. He said that officers pointed guns at him "for doing nothing more than simply being a black man in the wrong place at the wrong time" and ordered him to lie down on the ground.

Bennett wrote that one officer, with his gun drawn, warned him that he would "blow my f---ing head off" if he moved. Another officer jammed his knee into Bennett's back and handcuffed him, according to Bennett.

"The Officers' excessive use of force was unbearable," Bennett wrote. "I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was 'I'm going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.'"

Sound like two very different stories.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
CelticBaller
You mad?

Default Re: Police: 'No evidence' of excessive force in Michael Bennett incident

A Seahawks player being a scum

what a surprise
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Default Re: Police: 'No evidence' of excessive force in Michael Bennett incident

"In other news....the Seattle Seahawks announce that not only will they be standing tall during the National Anthem before Sunday's game, but that they will also be handing out American flags to all of the fans before the game."

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #4
CelticBaller
You mad?

Nvm seems like what Bennett complained about was edited it out

We need the full story
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 PM   #5
Im Still Ballin
WoooOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

Doesn't matter if it's real or not

Stirring the pot

Tastes gooooooooooooooood!
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #6
r15mohd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
"In other news....the Seattle Seahawks announce that not only will they be standing tall during the National Anthem before Sunday's game, but that they will also be handing out American flags to all of the fans before the game."

they actually announced this:
watch Patrick Chewing stay triggered on it lol

Last edited by r15mohd : 09-29-2017 at 11:35 PM.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #7
UK2K
NBA Legend

He shook the cops hand out of fear, I guess.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:23 PM   #8
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer

Ya, this pretty much confirms that Bennett severely embellished the situation and because of that he can go fuck himself.

I think it's great the athlete's and other influential people are speaking up more about racism, but when you start to lie about what is happening that is taking it way over the line and only hurts the message you are trying to convey.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: