Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-30-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals

Default Player most likely to NOT take a knee with teammates?

Who you got? I vote Westbrook. He seems like the type that wouldnt be down for that stupid anti-Trump thing. Lets be honest, this whole fad is just athletes trying to protest Trump. Westbrook aint bout that life.

Bonus: I got cp3 as the first player who will start some shit and start protesting.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: Player most likely to NOT take a knee with teammates?

Hayward was the only one to put his hand on his heart at the all-star game I believe though the Jazz locked arms together all year
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Hayward was the only one to put his hand on his heart at the all-star game I believe though the Jazz locked arms together all year

Yeah, cant believe I forgot abut him. He would high up there in my list. And add Kevin Love. Basically any white american dudes.
ISHGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
D-Wait
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
Who you got? I vote Westbrook. He seems like the type that wouldnt be down for that stupid anti-Trump thing. Lets be honest, this whole fad is just athletes trying to protest Trump. Westbrook aint bout that life.

Except he spoke out against Trump in his press conference recently.

Last edited by D-Wait : 09-30-2017 at 10:01 PM.
D-Wait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #5
Ben Simmons
Decent college freshman

It depends. Honestly I support the right to take a knee, mainly cause it exposes hypocrites and moral relativist but the floodgates dont need to be opened in the nba.
Ben Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #6
tpols
we already won

The NBA isn't viewed by the segment of the population that voted for trump...there's almost no overlap. That being said ANYBODY that's witnessed trumps behavior over the past year is shocked outside the minority amount of rednecks hillbillies and old racists that will always have his back. The man is a clown and OP is a *****.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #7
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
The NBA isn't viewed by the segment of the population that voted for trump...there's almost no overlap. That being said ANYBODY that's witnessed trumps behavior over the past year is shocked outside the minority amount of rednecks hillbillies and old racists that will always have his back. The man is a clown and OP is a *****.

This x 1000000

NBA doesn't give a shit about how triggered some viewers are.

Racists/Trump supporters don't pay the bills
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #8
MrFonzworth
Sam "The Shooter" Hyde

Spencer Hawes, and it's not even close.
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

Miami Heat will not be taking a knee, but will lock arms like last season.

That's because they respect the military you bunch of weak hipsters.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
rmt
College star

Quote:

This is the kind of attitude why Trump is in the WH. Some of you liberals think that everybody agrees with you. How do you explain the 10s of millions who voted for Trump - just because we don't speak up for fear of being demonized/called racist, misogynist, every kind of __ist does not mean that we don't exist.

I have been an NBA fan since 1977, and I voted for Trump. And I am an Asian woman (you know part of the identity politics that the Dems cater to). And I am sick and tired of seeing people disrespect the flag and anthem. And what's not to like about a young conservative on the SC, lots of conservatives nominated for other judicial positions, illegal crossings down at the border and my stocks/retirement accounts way, way UP. You might not like the formers (I would think that anyone would like that the stock market is up) but guess what, not everyone thinks the same way.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #11
bobopenguin
Good college starter

U guys need another civil war. Rich vs poor.
bobopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #12
west_tip
19 years of excellence

Id be shocked if Kawhi took a knee. Absolutely flabbergastered if he did. Hes just not the type of person to draw attention to himself.

He's from the Tim Duncan school of no social media presence and my actions speak louder than words. There is tremendous power in being a quiet, non demonstrative person that exudes calm and poise. Its quite something how he has deal with his fathers murder, mere mortals would be consumed by their anger over that but he seems to be at peace with it.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #13
r15mohd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
This is the kind of attitude why Trump is in the WH. Some of you liberals think that everybody agrees with you. How do you explain the 10s of millions who voted for Trump - just because we don't speak up for fear of being demonized/called racist, misogynist, every kind of __ist does not mean that we don't exist.

I have been an NBA fan since 1977, and I voted for Trump. And I am an Asian woman (you know part of the identity politics that the Dems cater to). And I am sick and tired of seeing people disrespect the flag and anthem. And what's not to like about a young conservative on the SC, lots of conservatives nominated for other judicial positions, illegal crossings down at the border and my stocks/retirement accounts way, way UP. You might not like the formers (I would think that anyone would like that the stock market is up) but guess what, not everyone thinks the same way.

Trump is in the WH due to those under the electoral going against the WashingtonDC standard (he didnt win the the popular vote which is more telling than anything), hoping for some reform. However, all the rhetoric on draining the swamp is basically that - rhetoric, as he;s continually chosen elites to head the WH admin of his, not to mention dividing the county throughout with his twitter fingers. Just look at his resignations and dismissals to get a fulls grip on how bonkers this whole situation is of Trump actually being POTUS is.

and who gaf if you;re asian, if you're in america you better be a citizen standing up for our values/rights - one of which is the right to protest and if one wants to do it in the NFL against the flag, so be it. there's no law against it and there wont be for this season at the least. ,and if the players union gets their continued way, it'll continue as it is now.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
r15mohd
College star

no one will take a knee...they'll be fined. what's most likely to occur is tshirts and/or staying in the locker room until the athem is over then running out.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #15
west_tip
19 years of excellence

Quote:

The average white basketball fan will have significantly more empathy for black people than the average white fan of MLB, NFL and NHL imo. You cant spend a significant amout of time in a basketball gym and not develop friendships with black people.

Basketball has been a tremendous agent for breaking down barriers between whites and blacks imo. Its bridged a gap. In my own case my first basketball coach was the first black adult that I ever had a relationship with. He was a class act and he shaped my early perceptions of black people in my childhood. There is tremendous power in that.
west_tip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: