Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Draz
The People's Choice

Default Akeem Spence Says His Father Was Denied Work Due to National Anthem Protest

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...anthem-protest

Quote:
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Akeem Spence said Thursday his father was denied construction work by a contractor because of the NFL player's decision to protest during the national anthem.

"Got some awful news from my father a contractor deny giving him a job on doing a house because of my peaceful protest," Spence wrote on Twitter, adding a hashtag for the phrase "shaking my head."

On Wednesday, the 25-year-old Florida native told the Detroit Free Press his decision to protest was not aimed toward the American flag, but rather the concept of "right and wrong."

"Us guys, we'll talk about it here in the locker room and if we feel strongly enough about it, but it'll probably be something that continues just cause of what's going on in our country, the injustice and everything like that," he said. "And like we always say, it's no disrespect to the American flag. Guys just trying to bring it about. It's about right and wrong, like I always say, and what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. It's no offense to nobody, no disrespect, just like I always tell people, love one another and we'll be all right."

How much does this guy make that his father still has to do construction? He ain't taking care of him?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
Draz
The People's Choice

Default Re: Akeem Spence Says His Father Was Denied Work Due to National Anthem Protest

DirecTV Reportedly Offering Refunds to NFL Fans Upset with Protests

Quote:
NFL
DirecTV Reportedly Offering Refunds to NFL Fans Upset with Protests
JOSEPH ZUCKER

GLENDALE, AZ - SEPTEMBER 25: Members of the Dallas Cowboys link arms before the National Anthem at the start of the NFL game against the Arizona Cardinals at the University of Phoenix Stadium on September 25, 2017 in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Christian Petersen/Getty Images
DirecTV is making it easier for fans to tune out the NFL in wake of the protest movement that has grown throughout the league.

According to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, DirecTV will offer refunds to any consumer who wishes to cancel their NFL Sunday Ticket package, which costs $281.94 for the basic offering. Rovell wrote fans couldn't receive refunds in the past if they desired to cancel Sunday Ticket but that AT&T "decided to change the policy due to the sensitivity of the issue."

The national anthem protests have been a hot-button issue for the NFL since former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the movement last year. Kaepernick wanted to raise awareness of police brutality and racial injustice.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-with-protests
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: