Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far
Default trade Mihm for..........

Deshawn Stevenson in a sign and trade. Stevenson is a combo guard but can run the point in the triangle offense. He is still real young ,he has a solid jump shot and can take it to the rack. But most of all he is well respected for his solid defense. That would give us a great defensive backcourt with Evans providing help off the bench. I respect Mihm but he is the only player we could probably pull off this trade with. This trade would have to be a sign a trade the Magic are only offering Stevenson about 3.5 million I think their a couple million off from making him happy.
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Daruis Miles

PG: Bryant
SG: Evans
SF: Miles
PF: Odom
C: Kwame
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You cant trade your only proven low post threat for a combo guard when we are loaded at the smallforward/shooting gurad spot. We got kobe, radmon, walton, and maurice evans. What we need is a quality veteran point guard or an upgrade down low. There is not many big men left on the market and chris mihm is a quality big man. Its ridiculous to consider trading your only proven low post presence when there are other needs that are of greater need. We need a big man or point guard, no more swingmen.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerzFan4Life
Daruis Miles

PG: Bryant
SG: Evans
SF: Miles
PF: Odom
C: Kwame

ya and you take up his filthy fat contract and he will walk on your coach in half time
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Here is a thought

I can't see deshawn being on this team.

Here is somebody we can consider signing though

Keyon Dooling.

He is very underrated and he can definitely take it to the hole.

I would like to see keyon as a laker but he might get hurt alot
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I can't see deshawn being on this team.

Here is somebody we can consider signing though

Keyon Dooling.

He is very underrated and he can definitely take it to the hole.

I would like to see keyon as a laker but he might get hurt alot

W wont give him for Mihm tough....Mihm is way better
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #7
Ryansrams
I hit open 5-footers

Ryansrams has an OK reputation so far

Don't get me wrong I like what Mihm can do offensivley but I dont see him getting more than 25 miutes a game behind Brown who is better defesively and better rebounder especially on the offensive board. Plus he can't stay out of foul trouble. I think Stevenson could come in and average about 31 to 36 minutes and 12-15 points and 5-6 assists but be a real presence on defense. Ive heard he is a real un selfish player
Ryansrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #8
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Reggie Evans. He brings toughness and rebounding ability. Something the Lakers did not have last year against phoenix
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Either melvin ely or reggie will do.

I like them both as long as reggie keeps his hands to himself if yall remember what i mean
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Either melvin ely or reggie will do.

I like them both as long as reggie keeps his hands to himself if yall remember what i mean

reggie is a free agent right? i guess restriced?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #11
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

I didn’t what to start a whole new thread for this so I dug up the old one but here is some food for though and it fit this thread since the last post spoke a bit on what I was thinking today which is kind of strange.

Ok I have an idea!!! (And yes my brain hurts now) We all know that Kwame’s better served at the center but that leaves us a hole at the power forward since Lamar plays the small forward better then the PF position. Now I like both Andrew Bynum and Chris Mihm but we need to get a strong PF in my opinion and I would hate to see us part with Bynum because of his age and upside + we could get more for Mihm so here is what I purpose. We have Kwame start at center with Bynum backing him up then we put a package together with Mihm and maybe Cook or Mackie for a decent PF. Or if we can get the Cats to sign and trade Ely we could get what we need for only Mihm Cats don't have a true center. That would be a solid starting 5.

Kwame
Ely
Odom
Bryant
Parker

What do you all think?
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

I say don't trade Mihm until the trade deadline unless its for another big. Im still not sold on what Kwame can do for a whole season and bynum i don't think is good enough to get 20-25 minutes.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #13
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Mihm & Sasha for Bonzi via S&T w Charlotte.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #14
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
Mihm & Sasha for Bonzi via S&T w Charlotte.

HEY MEN. THIS IS A GOOD CHANGE. WE NEED ONE POINT GUAR LIKE BONZI WELL, HE CAN HELP IN THE OFFENCE AND DEFENCE.

MEN THIS IS A PERFECT MOVE. I'M WITH YOU

ELEBROND
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #15
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Hold onto Mihm. You never know who will become available. I threw this name out there a while back and it still applies. Memphis is not going to get a good start with Gasol's injury. They may be open to trading Mike Miller. Other players could be put on the trading block. Patience is a virtue.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: