Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Re: Nuggets vs Lakers preseason GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
How does it feel that the peak of Denver Nuggets history was curb stomped by Kobe and company? Is that why Nugget fans are so butt hurt?

Oh yeah that was the time we won 2 championships.

I don't think anybody cares about the past this season. Aren't counting our championships or really are lack of championships 20 games into the season. You said the Lakers would win more games last year, and they didn't just like they won't this year.

Lakers have a really storied history tho. I bet alot of it most fans here didn't even witness. Guess that's something to hold on to when you miss the playoffs yet again.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #17
AirTupac
BBBonzoBBBall

So the only way we can shut you up is if we win every year of every NBA season? LOL bruh we're rebuilding so we can win another 5 championships. You guys cant even make the conference finals. You aren't on this pedigree little shrimp rat.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #18
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

I'm interested in the Jokic/Milsap pairing.

And I read they want Jamal Murray to run some point. That is something I want to see too.

Coach Malone is a G
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #19
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

malone has been pretty vocal with his praises for mudiay lately. how is he looking?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #20
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
So the only way we can shut you up is if we win every year of every NBA season? LOL bruh we're rebuilding so we can win another 5 championships. You guys cant even make the conference finals. You aren't on this pedigree little shrimp rat.

Nah but you probably want to be making the playoffs if your going to talk shit every year, or atleast be above that team currently. Nuggets are currently better, and Jokic is better than anybody on your roster and is 22 years old.

If the Nuggets can't make the conference finals, and aren't shit what the hell does that make L.A? We'll win more games this year. Realistically L.A has another forgettable year, Nuggets get bounced in the 1st/2nd round, and neither are a big deal
Old 10-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
malone has been pretty vocal with his praises for mudiay lately. how is he looking?

Looked really good in his 1st preseason game, but it's just that preseason. Not exactly the most meaningful games. Mudiay's issue is consistency. He's great at flashing potential for stretches, or a game here, but than goes back to missing everything. Looks like his jumper doesn't have a hitch in it anymore tho which could be huge.

There always seems to be positives with Mudiay after every offseason so I'll wait and see.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #22
AirTupac
BBBonzoBBBall

Nuggets wont even make playoffs and this is their peak year
Old 10-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #23
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:

Jokic is 22 and in his 2nd year starting. Murray is a 2nd year player who's 20. Gary Harris is 23. Mudiay is still only 21. Hernangomez is 22. Nuggets are nowhere near there peak. Millsap was signed because Harris/Jokic are ready to go now. With Jokic at C starting we were a projected playoff team, he just ended up starting to late so we missed by a game. So we signed Millsap to get the young guys playoff experience.

Nuggets have just as much youth as L.A. It's just more proven. Ingram looks like he can be a stud but Jokic is already one. Clarkson is already 25, similar age to Will Barton. Larry Nance is 24. You just traded away a young Russell for an older Brook Lopez. Outside of Ingram/Ball .. not like the Lakers are super young and the Nuggets are super old. Nuggets are just better currently, just like last year.

Nuggets also have one of the best draft records in the entire NBA. Jokic, Nurkic, Harris, Hernangomez were all drafted outside the lottery. Millsap is a bigger FA signing than the Lakers have made in how many years, despite the obvious advantage in market?
Old 10-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #24
Naero
The Great Wall of Text

Hopefully we can see a mini-breakthrough from Lonzo now that the first-game experience is already under his belt—perhaps mirroring his summer-league trajectory on a lesser scale where he also started off slow before burgeoning. You can plausibly argue that Point Guards have the steepest transitional curve out of all positions, especially in today's revved-up pace where they're affected the most; and while he obviously isn't going to improve as seamlessly against seasoned professionals as he did against the neo-professionals and fodder of the summer league, more flashes should be expectable after the first-game feel-out.

Also interested to have at least a glimpse at Jokic's Nuggets. I was disappointed enough the Trailblazers outdistanced them en route to the playoffs picture. It's not that it would have been of any consequentiality for the playoffs upshot, of course, since the Warriors would hardly have broken a sweat against either team, but I would have loved to see Jokic's playoffs debut; with Jokic's meteoric development and the rest of the young talent that's ripening on the Nuggets, that debut shouldn't be postponed for any longer moving into this season, even in a more compactly competitive Western Conference than ever.

Both teams are poised to make good strides moving forward; hopefully we can see a good preview of that tonight.
Naero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #25
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

I can see Mudiay giving Lonzo 30 but that ball boy will have more assists and a bigger impact
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #26
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:

Jokic is better than anybody on your team
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #27
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Lakers fans are human garbage
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 PM   #28
Pacquiao
Local High School Star

Lonzo Ball will get schooled by jameer Nelson
Pacquiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
AirTupac
BBBonzoBBBall

Boom randle and ingram playing like beasts already
Old 10-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #30
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Lakers fans are human garbage
true.

laker fans outside of LA should be neutered.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: