Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #91
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: When you use mass murder to shamelessly promote your political agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
According to independent studies, suppressors reduce volume by 30 dB on average, similar to ear protection gear. That is a SUBSTANTIAL difference.

Do they put the firearm on mute? No, but I don't see anyone arguing that they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime
"A silencer does not make a soldier silent, but it does make him invisible."

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #92
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: When you use mass murder to shamelessly promote your political agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
If his weapon was automatic as it has been reported it still should’ve been easy to spot

Again, he had no silencer.

Check this video out with silencer for the AK-105: https://youtu.be/LqUcB1xX-Dw?t=2m11s

Tell me that would be easy to pinpoint from 150 yards away from 32nd floor of a hotel room. There is also limited muzzle flash due to silencer. That guy was crazy but not stupid if he had access to high end silencers.

It took 5 minutes for cops to know Las Vegas shooter was in Mandalay Hotel and ~10 more minutes to figure out exact room ( http://www.businessinsider.com/timel...-closing-act-3 ) without any silencer use. Now add a high end silencer to the equation like I linked to in video. Easily looking at more time to pinpoint the exact source of fire. Perhaps 10 minutes to note Mandalay Hotel and 15 minutes to figure out room, another 2 minutes to get up there - 16mins with no silencer to 27mins with silencer is still drastic.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:16 PM   #93
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
No....

Itd still be pretty ****ing loud, and his gunfire would still have set off the alarm in his hotel room.

You think silencers make guns silent? Not even close. You can still hear a 'silenced' rifle from several hundred yards away.

Watch the video in above post before you run your mouth. It depends on the rifle. While yes silencers don't mute sound completely, they would increase the time it would take to pinpoint shooter.

Were you even in the Marines serving? I truly wonder if you are completely full of sh!t about serving a tour of duty in Middle East if you are arguing this point on silencers. Unless if you didn't receive training on silencers for different rifles or didn't pay attention when you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
You do realize that the shooter was spotted due to the muzzle flash from his rifle, right?

Silencers lessen muzzle flash by quite a significant margin - definitely would not be very easy to spot from 150 yards.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-muzzle-flash/

Last edited by bladefd : 10-03-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #94
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

This thread promotes a political agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
they are both pieces of shit and need to get off twitter

THIS.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #95
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
This thread promotes a political agenda

THIS.
Thing is HRC is now a civilian, she doesn't hold office so even though she tweets, it really has no repercussions if she tweets something idiotic, Trump on the other hand is POTUS and his tweets do have real time repercussions, including recently undermining his own Secretary of State, with the whole lil rocket man, no more negotiations idiotic tweet.

He seriously needs to get off tweeter.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #96
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Common fcking sense

Idiots in here are basically arguing silencers don't do anything, but hiding a snipers location is exactly what they are designed to do.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...-vegas-gunman/

Quote:
“It’s coming from upstairs in the Mandalay Bay. Upstairs in the Mandalay Bay, halfway up I see the shots coming from Mandalay Bay, halfway up.”

Quote:
10:15 p.m. An officer locates the shooter's room, one of 3,309 rooms at the Mandalay Bay, after police clears floors 29 through 32 of the hotel.

“I'm inside the Mandalay Bay on the 31st floor, I can hear the automatic fire coming from one floor ahead, one floor above us.”

(The gunman's exact location within the hotel was discovered after fire alarms went off from the smoke from the weapons, according to Randy Sutton, a former Las Vegas Metropolitan Police lieutenant. There is no mention of the fire alarm in police dispatch audio.)

Do silencers suppress smoke as well? I have no idea honestly. My intuition tells me no.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #97
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
He bought his rifles at a Nevada gun shop

Heard reports that gun trigger was modified, which allowed more rapid fire?

Which means, gun control isn't the answer, gun itself was legal. The modification was not.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:39 PM   #98
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Thing is HRC is now a civilian, she doesn't hold office so even though she tweets, it really has no repercussions if she tweets something idiotic, Trump on the other hand is POTUS and his tweets do have real time repercussions, including recently undermining his own Secretary of State, with the whole lil rocket man, no more negotiations idiotic tweet.

He seriously needs to get off tweeter.

The MSM has repercussions on the entire population (Trump uses tweets to bypass MSM brainwashing), so are you equally outraged at that too?

You should be.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 AM   #99
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
The MSM has repercussions on the entire population (Trump uses tweets to bypass MSM brainwashing), so are you equally outraged at that too?

You should be.

And that gives extra credibility to Trump tweets? Are you telling me Trump is more honest than the average msm?
Old 10-04-2017, 03:55 AM   #100
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
And that gives extra credibility to Trump tweets? Are you telling me Trump is more honest than the average msm?

Define average MSM.

If you mean CNN, Slate & Salon, I'd say definitely.

HuffPo? WaPo? Probably around the same.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:53 AM   #101
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Define average MSM.

If you mean CNN, Slate & Salon, I'd say definitely.

HuffPo? WaPo? Probably around the same.

Let's go beyond average. Do you think Trump lies more, less or about the same as CNN and FoxNews?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: