Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 AM   #16
TheCalmInsanity
Local High School Star
 
TheCalmInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,121
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Who cares
TheCalmInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:08 AM   #17
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,193
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
What a controversial move...

I won't lie. He doesn't need to waste 8 hours a day sitting in class learning about shit that he will forget a month after he graduates. That's more time to train and play against adults. He's already a celebrity and his people got money. I hope this works out.

After middle school, high school should be about learning a trade. Not more advanced math.
This would have been true if lamelo was any good at basketball
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:33 AM   #18
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,391
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
comparing ronaldo to some scrub kid who can barely dunk

Dunking determines who is good?

CP hardly can dunk. Nash could hardly dunk. Cassell could hardly dunk.

Guess they were scrubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
This would have been true if lamelo was any good at basketball

He is good though, especially the modern day, no defense, chucking game.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:41 AM   #19
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,733
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

He's probably getting bullied
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:48 AM   #20
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 16,225
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Lonzo's brothers have virtually no chance at the NBA.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:00 AM   #21
livingby3's
70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0
 
livingby3's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,667
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

time for Lavar to coach ala Rivers
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 AM   #22
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 24,408
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

He said he's gonna turn him into the greatest player of all time
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:57 AM   #23
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12,385
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
didnt know he kept you wet, mybad

sportjames23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #24
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,287
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
What a controversial move...

I won't lie. He doesn't need to waste 8 hours a day sitting in class learning about shit that he will forget a month after he graduates. That's more time to train and play against adults. He's already a celebrity and his people got money. I hope this works out.

After middle school, high school should be about learning a trade. Not more advanced math.

Algebra and Geometry aren't advanced math. The kid is 16. He's going to grow into an illiterate ****er.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #25
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Lord P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 719
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Algebra and Geometry aren't advanced math. The kid is 16. He's going to grow into an illiterate ****er.
At 16 he’s likely taking trigonometry, which virtually has no practical applications in life, especially for a ball player. I agree that he’s not the brightest, but more high school won’t fix that.
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #26
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,287
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
At 16 he’s likely taking trigonometry, which virtually has no practical applications in life, especially for a ball player. I agree that he’s not the brightest, but more high school won’t fix that.

Parents teaching their kids that school is not important is what creates dumb kids.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #27
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,193
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Dunking determines who is good?

CP hardly can dunk. Nash could hardly dunk. Cassell could hardly dunk.

Guess they were scrubs?



He is good though, especially the modern day, no defense, chucking game.
i've been on the Lonzo wagon since he was in high school. Lonzo is legit. LaMelo is trash IMO

worse than Austin Rivers
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #28
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub
 
ZMonkey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,855
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
At 16 he’s likely taking trigonometry, which virtually has no practical applications in life, especially for a ball player. I agree that he’s not the brightest, but more high school won’t fix that.

He's not the brightest...more school won't fix that....

Hmmmm
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #29
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Lord P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Long Island
Posts: 719
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
He's not the brightest...more school won't fix that....

Hmmmm
Do you actually think that school past 8th grade actually “educates” people? Lmao. The only reason that I put up with the BS in high school was because I wouldn’t be able to attend a good uni if I dropped out. I think someone already mentioned it, but school should be teaching kids how to be financially literate instead of how to factor a trinomial. If Lamelo went and finished his education, there would be absolutely no noticeable difference in his articulation or thought process, and likely he’d forget anything he’s learned the moment he gets handed his diploma, like 90% of other students...
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #30
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 8,287
Default Re: Lamelo Ball Drops Out of High School.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
Do you actually think that school past 8th grade actually “educates” people? Lmao. The only reason that I put up with the BS in high school was because I wouldn’t be able to attend a good uni if I dropped out. I think someone already mentioned it, but school should be teaching kids how to be financially literate instead of how to factor a trinomial. If Lamelo went and finished his education, there would be absolutely no noticeable difference in his articulation or thought process, and likely he’d forget anything he’s learned the moment he gets handed his diploma, like 90% of other students...

Sounds like you went to awful schools.

The point of high school is that they are exposing you to a wide range of academic concepts, which allow you to decide what field you would like to enter. The reason why we teach math/english/science passed the point where an "average" person would use them is that we are seeking to identify people that ARE actually going to use those skills. As a society it benefits us to identify those people as early as possible, and make sure they have access to the education.

Put simply, YOU might not use something, but it's worth teaching it to everyone to find out who will actually use it.


Who knows, this kid might wash out of basketball. Plenty of kids his age look great
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy