Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #76
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Are you team safety or team personal freedoms?

Quote:
How US gun culture compares with the world in 5 charts

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/americ...ics/index.html
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #77
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
this seems like total common sense. how would you not be liable if you sold to someone on a total whim and they did something bad with it? seems like a really dumb thing to put yourself in that position in the first place.
Why would you be?

Like, do you guys seriously not understand that guns are LEGAL?

It's a LEGAL item. Why wouldn't you be able to sell a legal item? The expectation is obviously that it will be used in legal ways.

If I sell you a truck and you decide to do something illegal with it, like run people over, why the hell would I be responsible for that?

If I sell you a hammer and you kill someone with it, why would I be responsible for that?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #78
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Why do we need IDs for guns and not for voting?
Because IDs are racist for voting but not for guns because reasons and stuff.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #79
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Australia's Lessons on Gun Control

The 1996 Port Arthur massacre resulted in legislation that saw a dramatic decline in gun crimes.
No it didn't. Gun crime increased in Australia after the gun confiscation. Other crimes like burglary exploded as well. Criminals get bold when they know people don't have guns.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #80
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Civilians don't need access to automatic weapons, or dozens of firearms period.

Ban autos and ban owning more than 3 firearms.
We should also makes nukes illegal. And fire breathing dragons too. Civilians shouldn't have access to fire breathing dragons and nukes.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #81
Cleverness
GSW Fan Since the 90s

interesting

it becomes a big deal when 50 people of a certain die, but thousands been dyin in certain places like chicago.. we should ban drugs and guns there because there is a lot of it happenin there!
Cleverness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:26 PM   #82
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Why would you be?

Like, do you guys seriously not understand that guns are LEGAL?

It's a LEGAL item. Why wouldn't you be able to sell a legal item? The expectation is obviously that it will be used in legal ways.

If I sell you a truck and you decide to do something illegal with it, like run people over, why the hell would I be responsible for that?

If I sell you a hammer and you kill someone with it, why would I be responsible for that?

Yes...milk is LEGAL. it still has to meet certain microbiological tests to be transferred from one party to another per government regulations. As should the passing on of guns in transactions. Uk already admitted that you'd get in trouble if you got caught selling a gun under the table to somebody who did something bad with it. People don't kill each other with cars here purposefully (there's been like zero mass attacks here that way), but they have with guns on the biggest occasions. That's why the liability is stronger. Stop playing dumb....
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:34 PM   #83
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Losing personal freedoms costs more lives than protecting safety.

Has proven the case throughout history. Governments have always had an agenda to attacks people's personal freedoms.

They are on a good gravy train, why wouldn't they stamp out any possible resistance?
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #84
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

As I say in every one of these threads, I don't like guns. I don't have a gun. I've never fired a gun and never held one (a real gun, not like a pellet gun.) I have declined the opportunity because I think it's crazy that such a tool exists and it's insane to think of what you can do with them.

That being said, I think our right to have guns is the final check against the government. I'm not sure if I would ever pick up a gun to fight for a cause like that, but there are plenty of people who would, and God bless them. The day might come when things aren't all rosy or when the government collapses, and people need guns in that instance.

To think of it as 'safety' or 'freedom' to me is looking at it too close. We need guns in case shit gets real on a large scale. In the same way they say the military is our 'currency' across the world, our guns are the last check against what could actually become a country that oppresses us (not just this hype.) Our shit is already starting to erode.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #85
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverness
interesting

it becomes a big deal when 50 people of a certain die, but thousands been dyin in certain places like chicago.. we should ban drugs and guns there because there is a lot of it happenin there!

People are afraid to point the finger at Blacks for their inability to thrive. You have Asians, Europeans, Hispanics, and now Mexicans thriving in this country, yet Blacks keep shooting each other at alarming rates.

But who's man enough to go on National Television and call Black America out?? No one it seems. The media and our leaders have gone full retard and continue on blaming White people for the misfortunes of Blacks. All the while, those aforementioned minorities thrive with no apparent obstruction from the "evil White man".
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:24 AM   #86
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
We should also makes nukes illegal. And fire breathing dragons too. Civilians shouldn't have access to fire breathing dragons and nukes.

What POSSIBLE reason does a civilian need automatic weapons for, much less MULTIPLE automatic weapons other than trying to give themselves some type of macho self-esteem?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:52 AM   #87
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
What POSSIBLE reason does a civilian need automatic weapons for, much less MULTIPLE automatic weapons other than trying to give themselves some type of macho self-esteem?

There are no automatic weapons available to the public.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:25 AM   #88
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I keep finding myself wondering where that lie comes from. Its almost as widespread as the belief that waiters are actually exempt from minimum wage laws....

There are plenty of people with fully automatic weapons. Paperwork out the ass to keep them but they exist. Guy who works under me....his dad was a gun dealer back in the day. They have all kinds of shit. Ive personally seen him unload a fully automatic handgun into a creek bed. He has guns that cost tens of thousands of dollars. He has a ****ing grenade launcher that mounts on a bigger gun. Its the "Say hello to my little friend" Scarface style. Not self contained. It has to mount...but hes got one. He has the grenades too but they cost too much to waste. We go over there and shoot the flares though.

He has an entire room of his home turned over to gun safes and paperwork. You open a safe it has a list of each gun and in which file the paperwork is. Hes got tax records, ATF files, and all that. Then hes got a giant notebook with copies of every file. Apparently hes asked to produce them now and then when word gets out what he has and someone is concerned.

You telling me I lying? That I did not watch this man fire fully automatic machine guns mounted on the back of his dads pickup on their 1000 yard personal gun range? Ive seen cops in his gun range shooting fully automatic weapons. He isn't some government official. Hes a private citizen and he has machine guns. You thinking they aren't available is just flat out wrong.

How do you think those gun ranges get them that charge gun nuts to come pay to live out a dream of firing them? You have to jump through hoops yes....you have to tell the ATF you have it....you have to pay wild taxes...but you can get one. having held one in my hand owned by someone who had the paperwork to prove it was legal I'm not assuming. I know it for a fact.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 AM   #89
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

What I'm reading suggests that fully automatics made before 1986 are allowed by federal law when properly registered but often limited by states. But you sure as hell can get them. The 1986 rule will slowly phase them out by reducing supply and driving up the price(as I suggested we do with most guns) but as of now....you can get one.

You have 30 racks I can give you the number of a guy who will sell it to you.

Hell this is a site his people run:

https://www.traderjerry.com/about-us-i-54.html

This guy is a flat out private citizen who has automatic weapons. Hes not some official. He lets girls come over and shoot them. He and his brother have belt fed machine guns you can damn near chop a tree down with.

Just some alcoholic tobacco chewing redneck types who still have flip phones and request off the first week of hunting season every year. I just approved him being off a week starting October 10th for that very reason. He has video of him unloading machine guns at wild hogs.....

You think these gun nuts are fictional?

Come to the south. Go out into the woods. You never know what these guys have.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 AM   #90
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
What I'm reading suggests that fully automatics made before 1986 are allowed by federal law when properly registered but often limited by states. But you sure as hell can get them. The 1986 rule will slowly phase them out by reducing supply and driving up the price(as I suggested we do with most guns) but as of now....you can get one.
It's almost like, if you make guns illegal, people can still get their hands on the ones that already exists. Funny how that works.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: