Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #46
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,889
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Bullshit... explain Africa.

Wealth is determined by drive and IQ(excluding inheritance)... wealth does not determine drive and IQ... sorry, that's not how that works...

Sure, nurture is important in a child's early years and that will limit the potential IQ of an individual if not properly cared for and invested in, that much is true... but... nature is still a huge part and a bigger factor overall in terms of potential IQ.

Speaking on averages...

Asians are the smartest race.
Whites are second.
Hispanics are third.
Blacks are fourth.

These are facts. They aren't racist... they're facts. Of course there are exceptions and anyone that would take those statements as absolute truths for every individual within said races is an idiot. We're speaking in generalities. Stereotypes become stereotypes because there's often a large amount of truth behind them, fyi...

Whites have the highest combination of drive and intelligence which is why they are globally dominant economically and militarily, despite the fact that asians are smarter. Whites didn't get there because of white privilege and a systemic set of global racism, lol...

https://youtu.be/YkJiRPJ149Y?t=4360 <- if a white dude came out and said that shit publicly he would get roasted so hard... I like it when other "minorities" are able to freely speak truth.


Youre an idiot....there was a time period (very long one) where a country in Africa was at the forefront of intelligence and innovation. The main reason they lag behind since then is because being at the center of everything they basically get pillaged on all sides. Notice how you call Asians the smartest? They were isolated the longest.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:56 PM   #47
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,903
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Youre an idiot....there was a time period (very long one) where a country in Africa was at the forefront of intelligence and innovation. The main reason they lag behind since then is because being at the center of everything they basically get pillaged on all sides.

Yes, I'm the idiot! Keep up all your brilliant poasts ;)
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #48
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Bullshit... explain Africa.

Wealth is determined by drive and IQ(excluding inheritance)... wealth does not determine drive and IQ... sorry, that's not how that works...

Sure, nurture is important in a child's early years and that will limit the potential IQ of an individual if not properly cared for and invested in, that much is true... but... nature is still a huge part and a bigger factor overall in terms of potential IQ.

Speaking on averages...

Asians are the smartest race.
Whites are second.
Hispanics are third.
Blacks are fourth.

These are facts. They aren't racist... they're facts. Of course there are exceptions and anyone that would take those statements as absolute truths for every individual within said races is an idiot. We're speaking in generalities. Stereotypes become stereotypes because there's often a large amount of truth behind them, fyi...

Whites have the highest combination of drive and intelligence which is why they are globally dominant economically and militarily, despite the fact that asians are smarter. Whites didn't get there because of white privilege and a systemic set of global racism, lol...

https://youtu.be/YkJiRPJ149Y?t=4360 <- if a white dude came out and said that shit publicly he would get roasted so hard... I like it when other "minorities" are able to freely speak truth.

The post of a truly uneducated and ignorant man...good lord.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #49
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Bet your ass that if I'm still in Africa and didn't learn at the foot of two generations of teachers I'm just a dumb African in your eyes. The entire world is full of idiots brought out of the darkness by one brilliant mind in a thousand properly placed for the universe not to waste it.

These people couldn't build a battery without google and they were all taught how in middle school.

I came up in private schools full of idiots cheating off me. The right upbringing makes average exceptional and an idiot into average.

I have no reason to believe my kids have more latent potential than my grandfather. But I didn't pull them out of school at 8 to pick beans and we were discussing the concept of space/time when they were 6 looking at stars. So....they probably make it a little further than he did....

I give a shit about their future. How this world will view them on first impression. My great grandfather was born a slave and raised a sharecropper. He taught his son what he knew. I teach mine what I know. Progress is made.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #50
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

OM you have no concept of that the world outside your cushy bubble is.

You know any Asian/African/IndianPakistani/Arab/ etc. scientists, engineers, doctors who were immigrants?

I know tons.

They are all over the place in our country and they are here because the countries they come from are rife with corruption, poverty, crime........and there are plenty more of them who could never make it but are just as brilliant.

You have no idea how much the environment around you can shape who you are until you've been to a 3rd world country.

I've been places where you can't drink the water unless it's been boiled.

It's like a black hole of misery.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #51
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,903
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Bet your ass that if I'm still in Africa and didn't learn at the foot of two generations of teachers I'm just a dumb African in your eyes. The entire world is full of idiots brought out of the darkness by one brilliant mind in a thousand properly placed for the universe not to waste it.

These people couldn't build a battery without google and they were all taught how in middle school.

I came up in private schools full of idiots cheating off me. The right upbringing makes average exceptional and an idiot into average.

I have no reason to believe my kids have more latent potential than my grandfather. But I didn't pull them out of school at 8 to pick beans and we were discussing the concept of space/time when they were 6 looking at stars. So....they probably make it a little further than he did....

I give a shit about their future. How this world will view them on first impression. My great grandfather was born a slave and raised a sharecropper. He taught his son what he knew. I teach mine what I know. Progress is made.

Are all of your kids smarter than you? How many do you have? Just curious. Before you even respond, I'm looking to see if you have any that you would consider dumber than yourself despite you investing in them... point being genetics...
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #52
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,903
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
OM you have no concept of that the world outside your cushy bubble is.

You know any Asian/African/IndianPakistani/Arab/ etc. scientists, engineers, doctors who were immigrants?

I know tons.

They are all over the place in our country and they are here because the countries they come from are rife with corruption, poverty, crime........and there are plenty more of them who could never make it but are just as brilliant.

You have no idea how much the environment around you can shape who you are until you've been to a 3rd world country.

I've been places where you can't drink the water unless it's been boiled.

It's like a black hole of misery.

I'm sure everything you're saying is true... and the smartest ones end up here because they don't want to be there... what does any of that have to do with anything? But you're wrong that they couldn't make it here because of anything... they chose not to... Morgan Freeman coined it best... courage is the key to life... and the bus runs every day.

I have openly and freely admitted repeatedly that nurture and obviously BY EXTENSION FROM SAYING "NURTURE" THAT INCLUDES... ENVIRONMENT... plays a huge role in developing IQ... but you seem to be making the argument that all races are equal at the baseline and that only nurture/environment is determining individual IQs and that races/genetics have nothing to do with it, in terms of speaking in averages, no? Is that not your argument?
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #53
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
I'm sure everything you're saying is true... and the smartest ones end up here because they don't want to be there... what does any of that have to do with anything?

I have openly and freely admitted repeatedly that nurture and obviously BY EXTENSION FROM SAYING "NURTURE" THAT INCLUDES... ENVIRONMENT... plays a huge role in developing IQ... but you seem to be making the argument that all races are equal at the baseline and that only nurture/environment is determining individual IQs and that races/genetics have nothing to do with it, in terms of speaking in averages, no? Is that not your argument?

Go to India and you can visit cities that have offices of some of the top tech and pharma companies in the world, and on the other side of town stuff like this:



I've known Jews who were brilliant and I've known Jews who were some of the stupidest people I've ever met.

No, race has nothing to do with it.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #54
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,903
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
I've known Jews who were brilliant and I've known Jews who were some of the stupidest people I've ever met.

I never said "all" of any particular race was one way or another way nor was that ever my point, pretty sure I addressed that very thought in my first post in this thread.

Saying "all Asians are smarter than all blacks" is a stupid way to think of things and it's not true. Saying Asians are smarter than blacks is a true statement. Saying Asians are smarter than whites is a true statement. If you want to extrapolate that statement to mean "All Asians are smarter than all whites and blacks" then that's your own PC problem, and you know damn well what I meant and what the statement actually means.

Statistics are statistics. Global IQ statistics aren't racist against black people... they simply are what they are.

99% sure kblaze is black and I'm 100% sure he's smarter than me and I'm white... so... there's that.

When you speak in generalities, statements like that can be true. It's when you get into viewing said statements as absolute truths across the board is when you get into problems, and the only reason you would do that is if you were easily offended because your race is on the short end of the stick of said statement.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #55
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
I never said "all" of any particular race was one way or another way nor was that ever my point, pretty sure I addressed that very thought in my first post in this thread.

Statistics are statistics. Global IQ statistics aren't racist against black people... they simply are what they are.

You can't compare them linearly like that when there are huge wealth and development disparities where the majority of those races reside.

Who's going to score higher on an IQ test, some white kid raised in a nice clean suburb with a good school system in Illinois or some kid who grew up without running water and power in the middle of a civil war in Somalia?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #56
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Orlando Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,903
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
You can't compare them linearly like that when there are huge wealth and development disparities where the majority of those races reside.

Who's going to score higher on an IQ test, some white kid raised in a nice clean suburb with a good school system in Illinois or some kid who grew up without running water and power in the middle of a civil war in Somalia?

I never said nurture wasn't important but again, you are acting as if that is the only factor.

Why is Somalia ravaged by civil war in 2017? Why didn't they develop faster or on pace with predominantly white nations?

tpols has a theory about Africa as a whole, I'm not sure I agree with that as being the sole and 100% determining factor as to why races ended up the way they did as of 2017, but at least he's got a theory.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #57
KiiiiNG
Undefeated
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,140
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Go to India and you can visit cities that have offices of some of the top tech and pharma companies in the world, and on the other side of town stuff like this:



I've known Jews who were brilliant and I've known Jews who were some of the stupidest people I've ever met.

No, race has nothing to do with it.
So if we pooled together 10 million whites, asians, and blacks and gave them EXACTLY the same resources and location to build and innovate, 10,000 years later each race would have exactly the same or almost the same technology and societal achievement?

It's racist to think that one race may be better off than the others... or one would lag significantly behind?

You're a goddamned moron.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #58
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesco...ntal-disaster/

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-to-Extinction

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sangita...b_3081813.html

So a genetically brilliant race believes something as idiotic as this?

No, it's cultural stupidity.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #59
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,011
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
I never said nurture wasn't important but again, you are acting as if that is the only factor.

Why is Somalia ravaged by civil war in 2017? Why didn't they develop faster or on pace with predominantly white nations?

tpols has a theory, I'm not sure I agree with that as being the sole and 100% determining factor as to why races ended up the way they did as of 2017, but at least he's got a theory.

Why don't you look up this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-St.../dp/0393317552
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #60
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

2 mine and I'm pretty much raising 4 more. The boys are freakishly like me. They all speak like me. It's kinda odd really.

All seem smarter than others their age but much of that is just being eloquent and speaking clearly. They speak like adults. Just as I did. I never let anyone do baby talk to them. For the most part kids become what you shake them to be. I don't know if they are naturally more intelligent than most just like I don't know that I am. I know people seem to think I'm intelligent but a lot of that is because they aren't used to hearing a black man enunciate.

I think I'm smarter than most and I think the kids are but I have no way to be sure. I've lost faith in IQ tests as I've aged. The person I was raised to be would give his all on such a test. I would be upset to do poorly on it and try my best. If I'm the same person but raised in a fishing village in Cameroon I don't think I give a shit. I'd probably be worse on an IQ test just off a lack of applying myself.

When they wanted to see where I was in comparison to the public school system when they were thinking of pulling me out of private school I really cared how I did on tests they gave me. They wanted to bump me from the fourth grade to the 11th because I was "gifted". But am I? Or did I spend years in a small classroom of eight people being fawned over by a genius from Italy who seemed to know everything and love sharing it with kids?

I learned more from her before I was 10 than I learned in public school the rest of my life. Looking back it really opened my eyes. I got a Headstart that had nothing to do with my potential. So I'm driven to give everybody in my sphere of influence a Headstart too.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy