Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #61
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
So if we pooled together 10 million whites, asians, and blacks and gave them EXACTLY the same resources and location to build and innovate, 10,000 years later each race would have exactly the same or almost the same technology and societal achievement?

It's racist to think that one race may be better off than the others... or one would lag significantly behind?

You're a goddamned moron.

I never said it's racist.

I said it's intellectually idiotic.

Read the book

https://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-St.../dp/0393317552
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #62
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

I'll give your book a shot...

Also, fyi... I have firsthand experience witnessing the power of genetics.

My sister has three daughters and one of them is from one guy and the other two are from another... everyone is white by the way, for context... the father of the one is significantly, miles ahead smarter than the other father... guess which kid is the smartest by a mile despite my sister investing fully in all three of them? Take a wild guess! lol...

Genetics matter people. A lot.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #63
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

My sister has three daughters and one of them is from one guy and the other two are from another... everyone is white by the way, for context... the father of the one is significantly, miles ahead smarter than the other father... guess which kid is the smartest by a mile despite my sister investing fully in all three of them? Take a wild guess! lol...

I knew a woman who was a judge in Iran.

One son is physicist at Cal Tech and another is some type of heart surgeon at Stanford.

She could pass a mortgage license test even though she's not very fluent in English but struggled with a lot of basic computer functions related to her job a teen could whiz through.

This is not as simple of an argument as you're trying to make it.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #64
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
2 mine and I'm pretty much raising 4 more. The boys are freakishly like me. They all speak like me. It's kinda odd really.

All seem smarter than others their age but much of that is just being eloquent and speaking clearly. They speak like adults. Just as I did. I never let anyone do baby talk to them. For the most part kids become what you shake them to be. I don't know if they are naturally more intelligent than most just like I don't know that I am. I know people seem to think I'm intelligent but a lot of that is because they aren't used to hearing a black man enunciate.

I think I'm smarter than most and I think the kids are but I have no way to be sure. I've lost faith in IQ tests as I've aged. The person I was raised to be would give his all on such a test. I would be upset to do poorly on it and try my best. If I'm the same person but raised in a fishing village in Cameroon I don't think I give a shit. I'd probably be worse on an IQ test just off a lack of applying myself.

When they wanted to see where I was in comparison to the public school system when they were thinking of pulling me out of private school I really cared how I did on tests they gave me. They wanted to bump me from the fourth grade to the 11th because I was "gifted". But am I? Or did I spend years in a small classroom of eight people being fawned over by a genius from Italy who seemed to know everything and love sharing it with kids?

I learned more from her before I was 10 than I learned in public school the rest of my life. Looking back it really opened my eyes. I got a Headstart that had nothing to do with my potential. So I'm driven to give everybody in my sphere of influence a Headstart too.

Ok let me not compare them to you...

Compare them to each other, do they all seem of equal intelligence? That's my point.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #65
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
I knew a woman who was a judge in Iran.

One son is physicist at Cal Tech and another is some type of heart surgeon at Stanford.

She could pass a mortgage license test even though she's not very fluent in English but struggled with a lot of basic computer functions related to her job a teen could whiz through.

This is not as simple of an argument as you're trying to make it.

Now you're comparing IQ to developed skills and that makes no sense whatsoever.

It's also easier to learn most things when you're younger by the way...
Old 10-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #66
stalkerforlife
Banned

Quote:

Then why are you so abusive toward people with poor genetics?
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #67
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Bet your ass that if I'm still in Africa and didn't learn at the foot of two generations of teachers I'm just a dumb African in your eyes. The entire world is full of idiots brought out of the darkness by one brilliant mind in a thousand properly placed for the universe not to waste it.

These people couldn't build a battery without google and they were all taught how in middle school.

I came up in private schools full of idiots cheating off me. The right upbringing makes average exceptional and an idiot into average.

I have no reason to believe my kids have more latent potential than my grandfather. But I didn't pull them out of school at 8 to pick beans and we were discussing the concept of space/time when they were 6 looking at stars. So....they probably make it a little further than he did....

I give a shit about their future. How this world will view them on first impression. My great grandfather was born a slave and raised a sharecropper. He taught his son what he knew. I teach mine what I know. Progress is made.

So kblaze if you believe theres a reason behind everything why do you hate on people like stalker for their lack of proper decision making? Is there not a reason his mind developed the way it did?
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #68
stalkerforlife
Banned

Anyone want to post an IQ test we can all take?

We will take it and then see if success correlates with IQ.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #69
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
Then why are you so abusive toward people with poor genetics?

Because in your case you've got the mental capability and capacity and your piss poor attitude is your biggest problem and you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #70
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Anyone want to post an IQ test we can all take?

We will take it and then see if success correlates with IQ.
All you need to know is that unless you want to become a theoretical physicist, your IQ is not limiting you from doing anything.
Unless you’re retarded.
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #71
stalkerforlife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
So kblaze if you believe theres a reason behind everything why do you hate on people like stalker for their lack of proper decision making? Is there not a reason his mind developed the way it did?

My father died and later that year, a neighbor stuck his p enis in my ass and mouth on countless occasions.

My mother had multiple boyfriends we lived with that were abusive.

My mother is an alcoholic and chain smoker and she'll go into convulsions without alcohol.

I was then riddled with the worst acne imaginable that completely destroyed my ability to socialize.

I never had a chance.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #72
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Now you're comparing IQ to developed skills and that makes no sense whatsoever.

It's also easier to learn most things when you're younger by the way...

Yeah, and things like access to clean water and adequate nutrition affect brain development..
Old 10-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #73
Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P
All you need to know is that unless you want to become a theoretical physicist, your IQ is not limiting you from doing anything.
Unless you’re retarded.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #74
stalkerforlife
Banned

Quote:
Because in your case you've got the mental capability and capacity and your piss poor attitude is your biggest problem and you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility.

The possibility of what?

I'm in school.
I'm a very attentive and caring dad.
I keep my house clean.
I don't drink or smoke.
I don't even think I cuss out loud.

I'm ugly as hell and a loser, but that's mainly due to the world shunning me.

It's proven that average to good looking people are treated far better in society and given more opportunities.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #75
Orlando Magic

Quote:
My father died and later that year, a neighbor stuck his p enis in my ass and mouth on countless occasions.

My mother had multiple boyfriends we lived with that were abusive.

My mother is an alcoholic and chain smoker and she'll go into convulsions without alcohol.

I was then riddled with the worst acne imaginable that completely destroyed my ability to socialize.

I never had a chance.

No one denies you had a tough path but right now you're just being a pathetic little bitch and that's all by choice, right here right now, 10-6-17 7:50 PM EST.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: