Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #76
stalkerforlife
Banned

Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
No one denies you had a tough path but right now you're just being a pathetic little bitch and that's all by choice, right here right now, 10-6-17 7:50 PM EST.

No one chooses to be a pathetic little bitch.

All people want to succeed, but some aren't capable.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #77
stalkerforlife
Banned

I am really good at talking to people, believe it or not. I'm a social genius and I understand cues. I can keep a conversation going like few others.

I like to help people.

Unfortunately, I am ugly and companies don't care about my abilities because they don't want my face representing them.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #78
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
I am really good at talking to people, believe it or not. I'm a social genius and I understand cues. I can keep a conversation going like few others.

I like to help people.

Unfortunately, I am ugly and companies don't care about my abilities because they don't want my face representing them.

If you were some kind of social genius you wouldn't have the time to write 17k posts in 3 years.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #79
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
If you were some kind of social genius you wouldn't have the time to write 17k posts in 3 years.

Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #80
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

If I were born a poor, black kid in the south, I doubt I would have succeeded. Iím a hard worker, but Iím also attracted to the fast life. Without my parents resources and support, thereís no way Iím where Iím at today.
bdreason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #81
stalkerforlife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

Ugly people are made for the internet.

No one wants us in the real world unless it's to feel better about themselves.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #82
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i'm against affirmative action, it does more harm than good. however, if your parents have money and can afford to pay for your college education, please don't brag about "making something out of yourself ". your parents made you, you didn't come out of the slums.

Your parents can only give you the opportunity to succeed. That only takes you so far.

It's obviously advantageous but a kid without parental money will succeed through college because of the culture his/her parents raised him in a lot of the time.

I agree with your affirmative action comment. Funny enough, it's illegal or not even used in California.

Last edited by Hawker : 10-06-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #83
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Your parents can only give you the opportunity to succeed. That only takes you so far.

It's obviously advantageous but a kid without parental money will succeed through college because of the culture his/her parents raised him in a lot of the time.

I agree with your affirmative action comment. Funny enough, it's illegal or not even used in California.

That's heavily dependent on if SOCIETAL infrastucture is also there like decent school systems, access to nutrition, crime control etc.

If a kid lives in a shack with his parents and it's not practical to go to school everyday(money, safety, whatever) then he's gonna go hustle in the street for the family to make ends meet.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #84
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Orlando...even if the average black man is less intelligent than the average white man that still says absolutely NOTHING about the individual...and it says nothing about any advantages or disadvantages society gives them.

You deeming blacks as 'less than' is clear evidence that they are disadvantaged though.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:21 PM   #85
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

To get anywhere in this country on your own you have to open some doors...and in the US it's almost always an older white man behind the door.

Orlando is showing how *some* of those white men think...that blacks are less intelligent.

This is why they are at a disadvantage...whites own everything, and some of those whites don't think highly of blacks.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #86
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Not really, nowadays it is actually an advantage due to reverse racism. Blacks can get into a good school with worse academic performance, colleges accept blacks at much lower SAT score compared to other races. I fail to see how this is a disadvantage for black people.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #87
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Poor people are at a huge disadvantage in the USA. Being born black is correlated with being poor. Therefore, yes.

Furthermore, racism contributes or even exacerbates the effect of being poor so they have it even worse than, say a poor rural white, a poor urban polish/italian white.

These are mostly facts supported by decades of scientific peer reviewed research.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 PM   #88
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

Quote:

of course, but i'm talking about people who had daddy and mommy pay for every cent, some didn't even have to work while in college, yet they strut their stuff like they are self-made and got there through sweat and tears.

it just doesn't compare to being dirt-poor and having to pull yourself out of poverty.

poverty is the real issue here. (and uglyness to a certain extent lol).

we're talking about being at a disadvantage, anytime you're born into poverty regardless of race, you are at a disadvantage. if you're parents are well off and own a beach front property or live in beverly hills, i'm sorry, you are not at a disadvantage.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #89
tpols
we already won

Quote:

Its not just about money...because money results from habits and opportunity. You build a base of that from your family. With poor habits passed down (and no opportunity) its hard to succeed and when yore denied any type of economic advancement for 100s of years its not a shocker a ton of bad habits built up.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #90
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
In a vacuum, all things equal...same exact humans with same exact personality, same exact everything...EXCEPT one has black skin and the other has white skin?

I'd take my chances with the white skin...

Blacks are viewed down on by many, and that can be seen right here in ISH!!! Perhaps it can be argued that a black man has more help getting into college or something, but in the long run, over the decades or career time? The way white skin is viewed is going to open up more doors I think. Or you could say that doors are easier to open with white skin, whatever. Skin color changes perception, that is a FACT. Anyone saying otherwise isn't being realistic.

Thread should've ended right here. I'd go as far as to say you take any skin color over black.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: