Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
CurryOverLebron
Decent playground baller

Default Media is pushing this Curry vs Westbrook narrative

They keep asking who is better and surprisingly most panelists are picking Westbrook.

Last edited by CurryOverLebron : 10-06-2017 at 04:39 PM.
CurryOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
tpols
we already won

Default Re: Media is pushing this Westbrook is better than Curry narrative

Most fans cant comprehend high level basketball.. they see the stats and the athleticism and thats it.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Most fans cant comprehend high level basketball.. they see the stats and the athleticism and thats it.

In a playoff series where both teams are equal I would pick Westbrook. He got the size and athletic ability to play good defence against Curry. On the other end, Westbrook will get his because of Curry's defence. In all other situation I pick Curry.

It's almost like Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul back in the day. William almost always outplayed Chris Paul, even if Paul was the better player.
dirkdiggler41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
In a playoff series where both teams are equal I would pick Westbrook. He got the size and athletic ability to play good defence against Curry. On the other end, Westbrook will get his because of Curry's defence. In all other situation I pick Curry.

It's almost like Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul back in the day. William almost always outplayed Chris Paul, even if Paul was the better player.
Is that why Curry shotted on him in game 5,6,7 in 2016?
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:

There's never been a moment where Dumbbrook has been better than Curry for 3 straight seasons now. I would have thought people would have gotten the point with him beating his ass every time they play, but I guess not. Dumbbrook is not even in the same class as Curry, he's in the Harden and Kawhi level for now.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:04 PM   #6
Lord P
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
There's never been a moment where Dumbbrook has been better than Curry for 3 straight seasons now. I would have thought people would have gotten the point with him beating his ass every time they play, but I guess not. Dumbbrook is not even in the same class as Curry, he's in the Harden and Kawhi level for now.

Kawhi> Curry
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #7
red1
raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord P

Kawhi> Curry
For sure. Of the group I'd rank them:

kawhi
curry/ westbrook
harden

I'll give curry a slight edge over westbrook because he'd be a better fit on most teams. Can't discount that godly 3-point shooting.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
tpols
we already won

Quote:

We saw curry and westbrook play H2H in the playoffs with equal help...'16 WCFs ...curry took a dump on westbrook. and closed the series for his squad.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #9
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Default Re: Media is pushing this Curry vs Westbrook narrative

In a playoff series, with similar talent surrounding them, Westbrook would eat Curry's lunch and beat him over the skull with his power rangers lunch box. Curry is incredibly soft and easily shut-down in the playoffs by physical defense and constant pressure

This year Westbrook will finally be able to assert some level of defense in the playoffs plus will also be able to get better looks on offense due to having George/Anthony space the floor and draw attention away from him.

Westbrook will dominate Curry in similar way to how LeBron has dominated him for 3 straight years in the finals. His size, strength, athleticism, and high motor will devastate Curry on both ends while Steph employs the Lamelo Ball style of play - throw up shots from 35 feet and hope they fall

It's not even close, Westbrook is 20x better than Steph
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:03 PM   #10
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

These dumbasses talking about Curry taking a dump on Westbrook. Talk about dumb. Curry got a hundred picks and ends up with Ibaka or Adams covering him and he scores and that equates these morons into thinking Westbrook got scored on.

Talk about morons. Go watch some basketball
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
These dumbasses talking about Curry taking a dump on Westbrook. Talk about dumb. Curry got a hundred picks and ends up with Ibaka or Adams covering him and he scores and that equates these morons into thinking Westbrook got scored on.

Talk about morons. Go watch some basketball

Adams and ibaka were great defenders....that's literally their calling card as basketball players. Why theyre in the league (and they were tremendous on curry to start the series). Its not curry fault westbrook can't make big men that switch on him pay. That's because as a big man its easy to guard westbrook as his a rim runner with no jumper....just sag. Worked like a charm.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #12
34-24 Footwork
Big Mamba-Little Mamba

Lol @ pretending like there's a significant gap between Curry and Westbrook.

Keep dreamin'.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #13
Vancouver-Grizz
Rich Manning is my dad

Different styles...

Leave it at that.

Skills wise I will take Curry and athleticism, I will take Westbrook. The guy I want to play with is Curry. If I needed to be carried and don't mind having my shots being created for me, then I will take Westbrook.
Vancouver-Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #14
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Adams and ibaka were great defenders....that's literally their calling card as basketball players. Why theyre in the league (and they were tremendous on curry to start the series). Its not curry fault westbrook can't make big men that switch on him pay. That's because as a big man its easy to guard westbrook as his a rim runner with no jumper....just sag. Worked like a charm.
Too bad neither of them did as well a job as Kevin Love did. Love locked Curry's ass up and Curry's chucking cost them a Finals they should have won which ultimately sent you into this permanent mindfk
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #15
WolfGang
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
We saw curry and westbrook play H2H in the playoffs with equal help...'16 WCFs ...curry took a dump on westbrook. and closed the series for his squad.

Umm... what? How? OKC was trash compared to Golden State as a whole.

If Goatbrook played with the Cavs instead of OKC you would see how much better he is.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: