Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
Nick Young
Banned

Default Re: A Brief History of Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Call it what you will....I'm quite comfortable saying Donald Trump does not have the power to be Stalin and an overly armed population is not the reason why. Me thinking he's a dick does not mean I literally think he's Hitler or could do similar things in the world we have now.
Deep state and Crooked are the ones calling for gun control.

Not President Trump.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #17
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

It's always been weird to me when I meet a black guy that wants to get rid of guns. I would think black people are the most likely to want to protect themselves from the government.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #18
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
you forgot the occupation of america from white europeans. indians didnt have guns to defend themselves and got pretty much exterminated.

well in the same breath if the white Europeans didnt have guns they wouldnt have slaughtered millions of indians and stole their land.

You aren't giving the native americans enough credit dude. They fought the europeans for centuries. Every country in the world has natives that were taken over. Japan, Malaysia, Korea etc.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #19
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

My family have guns for home protection. It’s hilarious when people talk about needing guns to protect against a tyrannical government though (2nd amendment). As if any civilian arsenal could compete against the US military. I always envision some redneck, in a bunker full of weapons, yelling “bring it on!”, as he gets murked by a drone.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #20
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I'm not stupid enough to think a gun would protect me from the government. It's just something the naïve wrap themselves in for comfort. The government wouldn't be fighting a ground war neighborhood to neighborhood against citizens. For one too many soldiers wouldn't comply....and second they wouldn't need to. A government set on waging war these days wins from the air. I'm not gonna be in a damn shootout with agents in black SUVs. My house would blow up at 3am if they wanted me dead bad enough. If they didn't they would just send in the police who would also kill me quite easily whether or not I have a gun. If it reaches the point of organized large scale us versus them combat in the streets my 9 would not carry the day. Not that it's going to matter. These gun nuts are approaching the Bible thumpers talking about be prepared because Jesus might come back tomorrow.

He won't. And the government isn't going to invade my neighborhood either.

It's nonsense not worth serious discussion.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #21
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
You aren't giving the native americans enough credit dude. They fought the europeans for centuries. Every country in the world has natives that were taken over. Japan, Malaysia, Korea etc.

slaughtering millions of people while colonizing the entire country from east coast to west coast isnt going to happen overnight. its quite sad, i wish it was a fair fight if indians were armed with guns, i really think the indians would have fended off the euros.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #22
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
My family have guns for home protection. It’s hilarious when people talk about needing guns to protect against a tyrannical government though (2nd amendment). As if any civilian arsenal could compete against the US military. I always envision some redneck, in a bunker full of weapons, yelling “bring it on!”, as he gets murked by a drone.

Exactly. Morons armed for war vs a government they think might want them dead....but not bad enough to use the Air Force?

Be for real.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #23
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Yet we've been in Afghanistan and Iraq for years where they have 1980s ak47s and rpgs.

Vietnam for years.

The amount of arms in circulation in the US makes it difficult for the US government to "takeover" their own population.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #24
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
slaughtering millions of people while colonizing the entire country from east coast to west coast isnt going to happen overnight. its quite sad, i wish it was a fair fight if indians were armed with guns, i really think the indians would have fended off the euros.

Welcome to human history dude. Native Americans fought each other's tribes for years and even allied with the Spanish to fight their enemies tribes too (apache/comanche). No reason to feel bad.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #25
Ruk25
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
It's always been weird to me when I meet a black guy that wants to get rid of guns. I would think black people are the most likely to want to protect themselves from the government.

White americans are some of the dumbest people on earth. Im a pro gun black guy.Own 6 guns.But u idiots actualy think that u can defend urselft againt the GOV? They have drones,bombers,fighter jets and plenty os bombs, not to mention the shit that we don't even know about. The pentagone has some shit that we can't even use in battlefield cuz it would break some geneva convection or humanitarian law idk. But we could take them on with handguns and semi autos?
Ruk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #26
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruk25
White americans are some of the dumbest people on earth. Im a pro gun black guy.Own 6 guns.But u idiots actualy think that u can defend urselft againt the GOV? They have drones,bombers,fighter jets and plenty os bombs, not to mention the shit that we don't even know about. The pentagone has some shit that we can't even use in battlefield cuz it would break some geneva convection or humanitarian law idk. But we could take them on with handguns and semi autos?

Again, see Afghanistan and Iraq. We've been there almost two decades and they don't have near the technology the US government has.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #27
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Again, see Afghanistan and Iraq. We've been there almost two decades and they don't have near the technology the US government has.

If the US really went all-out that wouldn't be the case.

The US hasn't been in a total war scenario since WW2.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:39 PM   #28
Ruk25
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
becuz the whole world is watching and we donl't want to kil innocents. But if we wanted them gone we could carpet bomb them into dust. So againt unless its some redneck groupe or militia(like the bundy bros) in a small way yeah but if tomorrow the elites wanted us gone they'd go into their bunkers and order drones to juste bomb every city in the us and there is nothing u idiots could do
Ruk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #29
nathanjizzle
Trumptard Persecutor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Exactly. Morons armed for war vs a government they think might want them dead....but not bad enough to use the Air Force?

Be for real.

i agree and disagree. theres morons that believe in preparing to fight the government. but from a whole perspective, people must be able to arm themselves to actually have the tools to overturn the government if it becomes its own machine for its own intentions, its a check and balance. Also, even with all military branches, not considering deflectors of the service who refuse to kill their own people, the people outnumber them severely, and its a war that the people of america would win easily. even with the advantage of the airforce dropping bombs, there is no way they are going to drop enough bombs on every home there is in america. its just a war the government doesnt want. and we live in a society where our people are highly educated and have the resources to build our own war machines very easily if we had to.

Last edited by nathanjizzle : 10-06-2017 at 08:43 PM.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #30
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Being able to win a real military conflict is not the same as crushing all opposition on a small scale overnight. I could hold out in the woods or a cave like a ****ing terrorist but I can't beat America any more than they can. If you are arming yourself to fight the government....you're probably a moron. Even if you could hold off....the government....you lose on supplies alone.

ISIS has more guns and resources than most any group of freedom fighters ever will and they can't win either. In the end the government can turn you into dust. Victory isn't possible. It's just a matter of if they are going to be bloodthirsty enough to eliminate your entire county to get you.

The best chance ground level people have versus America is making it ugly and forcing them to either fully commit and destroy your society completely or just drop it because it isn't worth it. You don't get to defeat America. You could just make America wash its hands of you.

You sure as shit don't go down to the gun store and get anything you could use to protect yourself vs a government hell bent on you no longer existing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: