Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Marchesk
El Sid Stan
 
Marchesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,533
Default How many players in NBA history have

Averaged a 37 point triple double for a series?

Westbrook has done it. That's one. Who else?
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
Kawhi m8
0/8
 
Kawhi m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,362
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Probably not heaps....

Seeing as its a team sport.

And not everyone wants to be a stat padder
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
MrFonzworth
Sam "The Shooter" Hyde
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,785
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
Probably not heaps....

Seeing as its a team sport.

And not everyone wants to be a stat padder
This. Triple doubles are a meaningless stat
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
SouBeachTalents
LeBron > Kobe
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,581
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

LeBron almost did it in the Finals this year
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #5
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 12,636
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
Probably not heaps....

Seeing as its a team sport.

And not everyone wants to be a stat padder

It wasn't stat-padding, he was single-handedly doing everything to keep his team in the game and actually had them in a position to win 4 out of 5 games I believe, but as soon as he sat for 1-2 minutes his team would give up 10 points in the blink of an eye.

He had by far the highest +/- and VORP in the league in the RS, not only did he average a 37-pt triple-double but he averaged 37.4/11.6/10.8/2.4 and had the highest BPM out of anyone for the Playoffs. It's hard to find a player with better raw averages for any Playoff series, and Russ was doing this in close games despite having the worst 3-pt shooting team around him going up against the best 3-pt shooting team in the league.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Pacquiao
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,582
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
LeBron almost did it in the Finals this year

Yeah Similar with Westbrook that winning doesn't matter anymore as long as you get an erection from their stats
Pacquiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:57 AM   #7
Gileraracer
'Empty Stat' James
 
Gileraracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,628
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
LeBron almost did it in the Finals this year

While allowing his opponents to shot 70%

Empty Stat James at his best.
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #8
Wally450
Easy Work
 
Wally450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,672
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gileraracer
While allowing his opponents to shot 70%

Empty Stat James at his best.

Name someone who would've been able to slow down Durant in the Finals.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 AM   #9
ISHGoat
Tolerant Liberals
 
ISHGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: protesting
Posts: 5,758
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
It wasn't stat-padding, he was single-handedly doing everything to keep his team in the game and actually had them in a position to win 4 out of 5 games I believe, but as soon as he sat for 1-2 minutes his team would give up 10 points in the blink of an eye.

He had by far the highest +/- and VORP in the league in the RS, not only did he average a 37-pt triple-double but he averaged 37.4/11.6/10.8/2.4 and had the highest BPM out of anyone for the Playoffs. It's hard to find a player with better raw averages for any Playoff series, and Russ was doing this in close games despite having the worst 3-pt shooting team around him going up against the best 3-pt shooting team in the league.

Kobe stans using VORP, BPM, and other actual metrics is suicide
ISHGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
Marchesk
El Sid Stan
 
Marchesk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,533
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
Name someone who would've been able to slow down Durant in the Finals.

Chris Paul
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #11
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 20,887
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
Name someone who would've been able to slow down Durant in the Finals.
Tony Allen, Kawhi.

Also, none OP. Westbrook is exciting to watch. Can't wait to see him this year with some offensive talent around him
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #12
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 12,636
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHGoat
Kobe stans using VORP, BPM, and other actual metrics is suicide

You can use it in context...how can you say he was just stat-padding when every single metric shows that he was by far the most valuable player on the court for his team, so him doing his thing and playing the way he did was putting his team in a position to win, obviously he was not perfect and played gassed in the 4th like Lebron in the Finals but you praised Lebron for losing in 5 games while many of you would criticize Russ for playing the same way really.

Lebron at the end of Game 5 is an example of stat-padding, what Russ did vs. HOu was not.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #13
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,033
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Tony Allen, Kawhi.

Also, none OP. Westbrook is exciting to watch. Can't wait to see him this year with some offensive talent around him
Tony Allen and Kawhi were never and will never be required by their teams to score 35/10/10 on elite AF efficiency.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:44 AM   #14
Gileraracer
'Empty Stat' James
 
Gileraracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,628
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Tony Allen and Kawhi were never and will never be required by their teams to score 35/10/10 on elite AF efficiency.

Yeah cause Lebron wasn't blatantly stat padding at the end of blow out games
Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #15
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,033
Default Re: How many players in NBA history have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gileraracer
Yeah cause Lebron wasn't blatantly stat padding at the end of blow out games
Are you back on crack? Seek help.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy