Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #16
Ruk25
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Media is pushing this Curry vs Westbrook narrative

if u switched curry and brodie teams (before the trades in the summer) okc might be in the lotery whill GS wont be as dangerous but will still be the team to beat. Curry is the best shooter ever but like every players, his team helps him a lot. we will have to see how okc do with george and melo on the team to judge.
Ruk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:31 AM   #17
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruk25
if u switched curry and brodie teams (before the trades in the summer) okc might be in the lotery whill GS wont be as dangerous but will still be the team to beat. Curry is the best shooter ever but like every players, his team helps him a lot. we will have to see how okc do with george and melo on the team to judge.
We did see how OKC did when he had Durant for his entire career.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:36 AM   #18
warriorfan
The Bully

low iq fans for a low iq player
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:53 AM   #19
CurryOverLebron
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruk25

Curry led Mark Jackson Warriors to playoffs, upset Nuggets, pushed Spurs to 6 games, Clippers to 7 games.
CurryOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #20
SyRyanYang
Great college starter

Default Re: Media is pushing this Westbrook is better than Curry narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
In a playoff series where both teams are equal I would pick Westbrook. He got the size and athletic ability to play good defence against Curry. On the other end, Westbrook will get his because of Curry's defence. In all other situation I pick Curry.

It's almost like Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul back in the day. William almost always outplayed Chris Paul, even if Paul was the better player.

But somehow he never does because you know what, defense is much more than just size and athleticism. BBIQ is just as important if not more and Westbrook has none of it.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:06 AM   #21
SyRyanYang
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron
Curry led Mark Jackson Warriors to playoffs, upset Nuggets, pushed Spurs to 6 games, Clippers to 7 games.

Would have beat the Clippers if we had ONE healthy center.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #22
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
Umm... what? How? OKC was trash compared to Golden State as a whole.

Total nonsense.

Kevin durant was better than anybody on the warriors outside curry by a country mile. Ibaka was playing like an all star...Adams & kanter dominating glass, and guys like roberson and dion stepping up big time. And in fact the two teams were neck and neck with curry dropping 28/6/6 on 60+ TS....Curry just edged westbrook out and dominated him in the closeout games. Especially after Russell called out his defense mid series...boy should've knew better.

The only point guard to ever have curry number in the playoffs is Kyrie Irving....all the rest have bit the dust.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #23
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
Is that why Curry shotted on him in game 5,6,7 in 2016?

They didn't have equal teams

Steph avg 28/6/6/2 while WB avg 26/7/11/4

Roberson and Waiters being absolutely anemic on offense cost them a Game 7 that they should have won.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:42 AM   #24
Zeppelin
I usually hit open layups

Why don't they ask KD? LOL.

And in the GM's survey, Curry was voted best PG in the NBA. By a huge margin.
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #25
Zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
They didn't have equal teams

Steph avg 28/6/6/2 while WB avg 26/7/11/4

Roberson and Waiters being absolutely anemic on offense cost them a Game 7 that they should have won.

Ever heard of a thing called shooting perentages?
Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 AM   #26
tpols
we already won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Ever heard of a thing called shooting perentages?

Westbrook with that iverson esque sub 51 TS

But that's not the worse part. The worst part is he reduced Kevin durant to a ~55 TS player with his off putting ball dominating play style while Stephen unlocked a 70 TS version of KD with his defense drawing, unselfish facilitating style which is the hallmark of golden states all time great offense.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #27
Zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

But that's not the worse part. The worst part is he reduced Kevin durant to a ~55 TS player with his off putting ball dominating play style while Stephen unlocked a 70 TS version of KD with his defense drawing, unselfish facilitating style which is the hallmark of golden states all time great offense.

Exactly. Steph can get people to leave Kevin Durant open! That is gravity almost unmatched in the history of basketball.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #28
ImKobe
From the words of Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

Steph did all this, not the amazing shooters around KD on top of KD getting rest all season because he had a team that could win 60+ games without him?

Ever heard of spacing? Do you think Roberson, Waiters, Ibaka/Adams & Russ space the floor as well as Klay, Iggy, Draymond & Curry?

You call Sephen Curry unselfish but Westbrook has been putting up almost twice as many assists per game while drawing the entire defense with his ability to get to the rim and finish.

I'm sure that Russ made KD go 10/30 including 1/8 from 3 in Game 6, I'm sure Russ made Waiters and Roberson combine for 4/20 with 0/9 from 3 in a tightly contested Game 7.

KD gets the same kind of ISOs and pull-up 3s in GS as he did in OKC, only difference is that he's asked to do less over the course of a full season which leaves him fresh for the Playoffs, he had his career low in minutes and shot attempts last season. We're leaving out the fact that KD's underperformed in every single Playoffs for OKC from 2013-16 and it has nothing to do with Russ playing point. He gets the same shots and ISOs in GS only that he has better teammates around him which takes pressure off him.

You can replace Steph and WB and the outcome is the same.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #29
Ruk25
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Steph did all this, not the amazing shooters around KD on top of KD getting rest all season because he had a team that could win 60+ games without him?

Ever heard of spacing? Do you think Roberson, Waiters, Ibaka/Adams & Russ space the floor as well as Klay, Iggy, Draymond & Curry?

You call Sephen Curry unselfish but Westbrook has been putting up almost twice as many assists per game while drawing the entire defense with his ability to get to the rim and finish.

I'm sure that Russ made KD go 10/30 including 1/8 from 3 in Game 6, I'm sure Russ made Waiters and Roberson combine for 4/20 with 0/9 from 3 in a tightly contested Game 7.

KD gets the same kind of ISOs and pull-up 3s in GS as he did in OKC, only difference is that he's asked to do less over the course of a full season which leaves him fresh for the Playoffs, he had his career low in minutes and shot attempts last season. We're leaving out the fact that KD's underperformed in every single Playoffs for OKC from 2013-16 and it has nothing to do with Russ playing point. He gets the same shots and ISOs in GS only that he has better teammates around him which takes pressure off him.

This.

KD chocked in game 6 while klay and not curry saved the warriors season. outside from playing defense at a higher level, kd play the same way he did in okc. He just has a way better team now.
Ruk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #30
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:

Great post. The team around Westbrook never had the spacing that the Warriors system allows them. If you're gonna tell me that Klay and Roberson are essentially the same player on defense, I'm good with that. But there's a difference on the other side of the ball

I wonder how much spacing Curry would get with Oladipo and Roberson on the wings

Everyone talks about high IQ. Is that really Steph Curry? How many times have I seen him throw a behind the back pass out of bounds? Hurr durr, that's not IQ that's the flair to be a showman hurr durr.

No chance that Curry could become MVP on the Thunder if they switched places. But at the same time I can't see Westbrook becoming MVP on the Warriors either, see I'm objective. But I also think Westbrook does not cost them the Finals in 2016 like Curry did (Lebron daddy dicking him, getting inside his head, getting scored on by anyone and everyone).
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: