Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Porzingis doesn’t want to play center but wants to play defense like one

Quote:
“I think it’s better for us,” Porzingis said Wednesday. “Me at the 4, especially if I’m playing against a non-shooting 4, I can do a lot. When I’m playing against the 5, I’m fighting with the big a lot of times and I’m wasting a lot of energy. Obviously, offensively I have an advantage at center, but I’m just more comfortable playing at the 4.”

“Fours are usually smaller, and I can shoot over them easier,” Porzingis said. “If it’s a non-shooter at power forward, then I can be under the rim on defense and protecting the rim and that’s what I love.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kristaps-po...122408890.html

Sounds like he doesn't want to do any of the dirty work.
eliteballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: Porzingis doesn’t want to play center but wants to play defense like one

That's sort of like what KG did. Garnett was far better at it but just talking about the defensive role. Garnett would provide a lot of help but you didn't want him guarding a bruising center. He was at his best defensively when his own man was a non-factor offensively and then he could maker it hard on the entire opposing offense. That's why the Celtic defense was great when he played beside Perkins. Perk would actually take on the stronger post player often freeing KG to help.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Porzingis doesn’t want to play center but wants to play defense like one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
That's sort of like what KG did. Garnett was far better at it but just talking about the defensive role. Garnett would provide a lot of help but you didn't want him guarding a bruising center. He was at his best defensively when his own man was a non-factor offensively and then he could maker it hard on the entire opposing offense. That's why the Celtic defense was great when he played beside Perkins. Perk would actually take on the stronger post player often freeing KG to help.
So Porz is playing in the wrong era

Not many teams not using a stretch 4 anymore
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
Lord P
Made that high school varsity squad

Yep. He’s a 7’3” guard. He’d be out of place playing center. He’s gained a bit of mass since he’s gotten drafted but I still would not want him primarily guarding some of the league’s stronger centers.
Lord P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

As a Knicks fan, I do not want him banging down low with the dirty Zaza's of the world. Of course if I need a Knicks death lineup (lol, if they were to ever get one) I'd want KP playing center. Right now, they have a surplus of centers, there is no big need for him to fill that position.
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
Ruk25
Learning to shoot layups

DAMN! & i realy liked this kid and his lenght. didnt think he'd endup being stereotypical soft euro guy.
Ruk25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
PeroAntic
Dunking on everybody in the park

Zingis can't guard opposing 4 for shit. He gets burned constantly. He should man up and get stronger and play where he can cause the most damage - center. hes a good rim protector when he wants to be, but take him to the perimeter and his basically Pau Gasol
PeroAntic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #8
FreezingTsmoove
The Sheriff

Knicks starting center was a rookie last year and played great
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #9
smoovegittar
Get over yourself

Naturally, this all changes when The Lakers (*) trade for him and go on to win 10 championships.

Right, OP?

This freakin' place. Why do I even bother.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:53 AM   #10
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

I love the Knicks' 3-headed monster of Porzingis, Hernangomez, and Kanter.

Point guard play should catch up eventually and this will be a fun team to watch. This is a legitimate playoff team as early as next season.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #11
smoovegittar
Get over yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I love the Knicks' 3-headed monster of Porzingis, Hernangomez, and Kanter.

Point guard play should catch up eventually and this will be a fun team to watch. This is a legitimate playoff team as early as next season.

Turnovers and porous defense. Jack and Beasley gotta go. On the bright side, Dotson looks like a keeper. Kanter's total lack of defense and putrid passing will relegate him to the bench. But there are a few pieces to build with.

Last edited by smoovegittar : 10-08-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #12
Ben Simmons
Decent college freshman

He's a 5 in this league. He should embrace it now.

He needs to get stronger anyways
Ben Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #13
smoovegittar
Get over yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
He's a 5 in this league. He should embrace it now.

He needs to get stronger anyways

No. Watch him play. He doesn't have a body to bang with.

Unless of course you're trolling here.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #14
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Who are all these starting PF's who can't shoot?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: