Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: trade thought

If the Grizz don't trade Pau this summer than his market value will only get
worse. Right now he is in his prime and is sure 20-10 average. They need
to strike while the iron -- or the Spaniard-- is still hot. If he stays,
by the time the rest of his mates get really good in a couple of years he will be slowing them down. Just my two cents. I suggest they keep the 4 pick and draft a quality power forward. Trade Pau and get a comparable talent at guard and that team's top draft pick. The more I read about Nick Young from USC the more I like that guy.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #17
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

I dont know if it has been discussed but TrueHoops on ESPN brought up an excellent idea (imo).

What about the trade of the #8, the #22, and Sean May (from the Bobcats if you didn't figure that out) for Gasol? If you don't like the idea of May, you could pretty much throw anyone in to the mix from the Bobcats other than Okafor, Wallace and Felton.

Yes, y'all wouldn be getting any younger but it would bode very well for the future and give you a lot of trade pawns as well as cap space for a huge free agency season next summer.

It would mean y'all could grab Conley and a big (Yi, Noah, Wright, or Horford); allowing you to fill out pretty much every starting spot. You could grab Green or Brewer instead of a big but I guess y'all don't need either of them having Gay and Miller around.

It would also move Gasol out of the West so you wouldn't have to worry about going up against ANOTHER good big man.

Anyways, how do y'all feel about that?
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #18
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I want pau to stay for one more season.He has never had real talent or help around him.Now that the possibility of that might happen everyone is ready to trade him.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelBorn
I dont know if it has been discussed but TrueHoops on ESPN brought up an excellent idea (imo).

What about the trade of the #8, the #22, and Sean May (from the Bobcats if you didn't figure that out) for Gasol? If you don't like the idea of May, you could pretty much throw anyone in to the mix from the Bobcats other than Okafor, Wallace and Felton.

Yes, y'all wouldn be getting any younger but it would bode very well for the future and give you a lot of trade pawns as well as cap space for a huge free agency season next summer.

It would mean y'all could grab Conley and a big (Yi, Noah, Wright, or Horford); allowing you to fill out pretty much every starting spot. You could grab Green or Brewer instead of a big but I guess y'all don't need either of them having Gay and Miller around.

It would also move Gasol out of the West so you wouldn't have to worry about going up against ANOTHER good big man.

Anyways, how do y'all feel about that?

I doubt that would happen. The 8th pick is good but there is a considerable
drop off at the 22d pick to trade your very best player. I don't think May is what the Grizzlies are looking for at PF either. I have a feeling Pau will be playing for Chicago next year.
Chicago he will probabley still be a
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: