Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
With Hassels contract and lenght of the contract, there is only one thing Colangelo should tell McHale when he calls again and thats HELL NO. Are you kidding ad rather let James walk, atleast we will have Cap room.
Hassell's contract isn't bad at all. Three years after this one at $4.35 million per year. What's wrong with that?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If my favorite player gets traded to the Raptors I am just going to lose it.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #18
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

^ hahaha
just cuz u want them to trade someone else..does mean the raps will take em
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like it for Toronto. Hassell is better than any SG/SF on the market if you want defense.

I don't like it for Minny, because of th reasons previously mentioned. And it's not like Hassell is a liability on offense, he can take guys into the post.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Miles 23
^ hahaha
just cuz u want them to trade someone else..does mean the raps will take em
I DON'T want them to trade someone else. I don't want them to trade anyone at all. It's either James settles for the MLE or he can go somewhere else. Screw giving up a player for someone we could get for free. Nice try with the mind-reading, though.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:58 PM   #21
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Hassell and a future pick for James. Do it! I actually suggested/made a thread about this deal in the Raps forum before the "proposal" was out.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
he is a shutdown defender but come on? he'll be the only one in the T-Dot.
If that were true, then they'd need him all the more. It's not though; they got Mo Pete.

Quote:
I DON'T want them to trade someone else. I don't want them to trade anyone at all. It's either James settles for the MLE or he can go somewhere else. Screw giving up a player for someone we could get for free.
If I were James I'd come to Minny for the MLE. With James, Foye and Davis, with great perimiter defense off the bench, this team is another big man away from being a serious play off team.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #23
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
If I were James I'd come to Minny for the MLE. With James, Foye and Davis, with great perimiter defense off the bench, this team is another big man away from being a serious play off team.
It's not like he gets a whole lot more money with the sign-and-trade. Also, wouldn't you rather have Hassell as a teammate than...nobody? James should just sign for the MLE. He'll be what Troy Hudson was SUPPOSED to be. All we would need is Lorenzen Wright or someone like that and we'd be set.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #24
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
If my favorite player gets traded to the Raptors I am just going to lose it.

Favourite Player? That's mine too.

You see his couple highlights of his layups?

-Sick Wicked and Nasty-
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
Favourite Player? That's mine too.

You see his couple highlights of his layups?

-Sick Wicked and Nasty-
He has great body control. When he leaves the ground near the hoop, he pretty much always converts in traffic.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #26
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Exclamation

how can Hassell be your favorite player i like him but i mean isnt the original rule that u have to like a good player as yer favorite?

anyway i would like hassell in phoenix for james jones...? wut u t-wolves think?
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #27
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Trenton Hassell would be a great addition to the Toronto Raptors. He would be a huge defensive upgrade at the SG/SF position and would easily crack the starting lineup, not only that but he would significantly improve our team defense. Best of all, we would only have to give up Mike James, a player who doesn't factor into the team plan at all, in order to get it done. Hassell is a great team player and would be a welcome addition to the squad. We could shift Peterson to the small forward position, or we could slot Hassell in the small forward position. Ideal trade for the Raptors.

PG - TJ Ford
SG - Morris Peterson
SF - Trenton Hassell
PF - Chris Bosh
CT - Rasho Nesterovic

Bench - Andrea Bargnani (3/4/5), Joey Graham (3), Jose Calderon (1), Kris Humphries (4), Jorge Garbajosa (3/4/5), Pape Sow (4/5), PJ Tucker (3)

That team is much better and well built then the team we fielded last year. I am very happy with what Colangelo has done, if he were somehow able to do this trade then I would be happy.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #28
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Hassell's a very good player, and I think he has a reasonable contract.

James should just sign for the MLE. He seems like he might mesh well with KG, who doesn't demand the ball. Plus Mike can play defense when he wants to, so a Hassell/James backcourt would be pretty nasty.

Blount's horribly overpaid, but he can play a little bit. He's below average for a starter, but not entirely useless. I don't understand why the wolves didn't win at all last year.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Hassell's a very good player, and I think he has a reasonable contract.

James should just sign for the MLE. He seems like he might mesh well with KG, who doesn't demand the ball. Plus Mike can play defense when he wants to, so a Hassell/James backcourt would be pretty nasty.

Blount's horribly overpaid, but he can play a little bit. He's below average for a starter, but not entirely useless. I don't understand why the wolves didn't win at all last year.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #30
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If we get James with the MLE, what do we get our C with though? When McCants comes back our backcourt will be too crouded.

PG- Foye/James/Jaric
SG- Hassell/McCants/Jaric

I'd much rather grab a C with MLE and let Jaric get some PT while McCants is out.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: