Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
i always hard the longer you arms were the longer it you had to control the weight...

I have also heard its harder to squat for taller people for close to the same reason
I dunno, maybe because taller people have to travel a further distance. But I could just be making sh*t up, I honestly have no idea.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #17
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: (Orlando predraft camp) Greg Oden's numbers blow Kevin Durant out of the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
i always hard the longer you arms were the longer it you had to control the weight...

I have also heard its harder to squat for taller people for close to the same reason

It depends, it would be harder if the weight bench they are using is designed for a person of average height with average limbs. If it's a bench that was made for these guys, ie, taller people, then it would really be pathetic that he cant lift it.

A lot of the best power benchers in the world have short arms.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Nothing but a fluff piece to amp up Oden even more. No scout worth his salt didn't expect those sort of numbers from Durant.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #19
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

Aristotle8/24 has an OK reputation so far

The longer your arms are the more difficult it is. It is inexusable nonetheless.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #20
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
A person can only be around 3% for a few hours before they have to send him to the hospital. It's extremly unhealthy. Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler are around 4% body fat when they are on stage for olympia and they have been preparing for that a long time

One the physical fitness of John Stockton and Karl Malone:

"One day Karl told John that his body fat had been measured at 2.7 percent. John just kind of stood there, smirking. Finally, Karl asked him what that was about. John just said, '2.3.' That was his body fat."

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595070286,00.html
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #21
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

weight lifting champions are without exception caucasian, short, stocky guys...and i mean short like 5'8'' or so. it IS harder taller you are. and your average very tall guy IS typically weaker than one of normal height...nba guys are freaks of nature with very few exceptions.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
NO its eaiser to bench when you are taller.
And you know that from where? your ass?

It's a proven fact that longer/taller people have harder time with weights because they have to put in more work to move the weight.
I compared the length of my arm (i'm 6'5) with one of my friends at the gym (he's around 5'8) and my arm was at least 8 inches longer. That means that i have to move the wight 8 inches farther than the average person. Also when i get to weights i have a problem getting it up because i start with my arms a way back.

Thats also why you see these 5'5 120lb manlets doing 100s of pushups and tons of pullups when the 6'4 guy who benches 3 times more than him can't do 30 pushups.

Not being able to bench 185 is still pretty sad, i'm pretty skinny and i did more than that the first time i hit the gym.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I told you thats what my friend that was into weight lifting said... Or maybe I mixed it up LOL
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

The only thing that really surprised me, well 2 things. First, Durant has to get stronger, he is gonna get pushed around and not help much if he stays that way. Second, Oden almost as fast as Brooks? woah...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

What is Durant 19, 20? Most people haven't hit the weight room at that age once. He's a kid. Most people that have NEVER lifted in the entire lifes can't max at there own body weight. So whas the big deal?

Jordan,Kobe,Mcgrady,Garnett,Wade were all skinny when they entered the league, so whats it matter in there careers. Nothing. Quit downplaying him, because he will get stronger.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #26
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
Thats also why you see these 5'5 120lb manlets doing 100s of pushups and tons of pullups when the 6'4 guy who benches 3 times more than him can't do 30 pushups.
That is true. I have friends who are around 5'8 - 5'10 who can do push ups like the are nothing. I give it ago (I'm 6'3''/6'4'') and I struggle to get to the 40-50 range.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #27
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
One day Karl told John that his body fat had been measured at 2.7 percent. John just kind of stood there, smirking. Finally, Karl asked him what that was about. John just said, '2.3.' That was his body fat."

Well if that is true, which I have my doubts about, it wasn't for long.

And saying Oden having a bodyfat % of 8 isn't that impressive is because of what Karl Malone used to play at is stupid. Keeping your bodyfat at around 8% for anyone is impressive, for a man his size that is impressive. Karl Malone was the exception.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
What is Durant 19, 20? Most people haven't hit the weight room at that age once. He's a kid. Most people that have NEVER lifted in the entire lifes can't max at there own body weight. So whas the big deal?

Jordan,Kobe,Mcgrady,Garnett,Wade were all skinny when they entered the league, so whats it matter in there careers. Nothing. Quit downplaying him, because he will get stronger.
LeBron was prob. lifting in 9th grade. Hell most people that lift start in like 7th!
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #29
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
LeBron was prob. lifting in 9th grade. Hell most people that lift start in like 7th!
Simply not true. Many coaches who coach high school aged kids do not believe in weight lifting for kids that age.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #30
Ron_Artesticle
I hit open layups

Ron_Artesticle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Just stop man, you're embarrassing yourself.
Ron_Artesticle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: