Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Hello friends,,,,I would have loved for our team to face Florida because of the matchup advantages, but you guys just proved the CBB world wrong. Unfortunately, I really can't stand the fact that a midmajor had gone that far. .............

Man, another match-up zone team, and another struggle. St. John's crushed my beloved Huskies. We had no answers for their matchup zone!!!! We gotta figure that crap out....soon.

Wow. If it wasn't for that one loss to Stanford, the UConn ladies would have 100 victories in a row! We are crushing Oklahoma:

UConn 72

Oklahoma 37

The fellas take a tough loss against Louisville. Kemba struggles but other players are finding their groove.

The ladies, lead by Bria, beat the Fighting Irish. As usual we make a run off the defensive end in the 2nd half. Plus, with Baylor losing today against Texas Tech, thank you Texas Tech, we should be back at the #1 spot Tuesday or Wendesday.

Go, Huskies!!!!

We are back at #1..Ladies of course. Up next, Seton Hall. Congrats, Maya Moore on becoming the Big East all-time leading scorer.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6146656

Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun will be suspended for the first three Big East games of the 2011-12 season and the program has been placed on three years' probation by the NCAA, after the body's Committee on Infractions found the school violated rules on phone calls, texts and improper benefits to a recruit.

The program also had its scholarships reduced, from 13 to 12, for the next three seasons, and will be limited to five official paid recruiting visits for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 academic years, the committee said. The committee said it based the sanctions on its findings that Calhoun failed to monitor the program and failed to create an atmosphere promoting rules compliance.

The committee also placed a two-year show-cause penalty on former UConn assistant Beau Archibald, in addition to other penalties levied against the university.

The penalties did not include a postseason ban for the Huskies.

The fellas lose a heartbreaker to the Mountaineers of West VA. It was a great game. Close to the end. West VA just out played us. Great game, West Va and to their fans.

We gotta make some noise in the Big East tournament, fellas.

Let's go, Huskies!!!

Great win against Syracuse. Up next, the Fighting Irish. The team is blending well.

Go, Huskies!!!

That Big East Tournament was off the chain!!! Nice win, fellas. Lady Huskies, was there any doubt? Nice job as well. Now the fun begins. One game at a time.

HuskyNation!!!!!

Man, watching how this team has developed since October 2010 is awesome. We still have one major offensive weapon in Kemba Walker. But watching how Lamb and JMC have developed.... But it all starts with Kemba. This team reminds me of our 1999 Championship team, with Kemba in the role of Khalid El-Amin.

UConn Huskies!!!

I'm becoming a big fan of UConn , and i gotta admit it that Kemba is a main reason for that .. but the future is bright if Lamb stays with the Huskies which is going to happen right?

How about them darn Huskies!! The fellas magical run continues. 8 in a flipping row!! We won five games in five days during the Big East tournament. Then the NCAA's begin...3 in a row!!!

Kemba: 36 pts
    Lamb: 24

And on the ladies side, the lady Huskies are doing their thang. They beat a tough Purdue team. Tiffany Hayes wets 23 pts/Stef gets 11/Maya drops 16/Bria gives us 10. Maya is the face of this ladies huskies program. But I gotta give a shout out to my girl, Kelly Faris. She is do everything player that makes the UConn women's program so special. Granted her shot is off. But when she is clicking, the girl is scary good. But anyway. congrats ladies on winning at home and sending Maya and Lorin out undefeated at home; 40-0!!!

UConn Huskies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I'm becoming a big fan of UConn , and i gotta admit it that Kemba is a main reason for that .. but the future is bright if Lamb stays with the Huskies which is going to happen right?

Thanks, Maga. It is cool that you are becoming a fan of UConn only because of Kemba. Nothing wrong with that. As far as I know, Lamb is coming back next season. Unless you know something that we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Thanks, Maga. It is cool that you are becoming a fan of UConn only because of Kemba. Nothing wrong with that. As far as I know, Lamb is coming back next season. Unless you know something that we don't know.
    It sounds a little bit homer to be a fan just because of a player, but i start seeing UConn games almost in the start of this year when he was putting 33 ppg and then i follow almost every game .. I'm going to change my avatar to some UConn and Trail Blazers thing, they are my 2 teams now.