Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 02-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #121
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

ChrisKreager has not been impressing people
Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Good win, but UConn can not keep winning games like this.

They HAVE to be more careful in the future this season.

So many close games, but they must be more careful. They can't let these types of games occur all the time.
ChrisKreager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #122
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

wow..UConn had some tough calls go against them and made some silly mistakes but still pulled it out...great shot by Austrie. Top of the big east, here comes UConn.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #123
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

1 game back. 1 game back!! We control our destiny from here on out. We face Depaul on Tuesday. Let's go, Huskies!! Let's keep this streak going..9 and counting!!!
JellyBean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #124
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

JellyBean,

how long have you been a UConn fan?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #125
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
JellyBean,

how long have you been a UConn fan?

Since 1987. I would later graduate from UConn in 1992. I took the 5 year plan. Also, I am a Golden Gopher fan (all my life).

Last edited by JellyBean : 02-24-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #126
JellyBean
College superstar

Crank up another win for Big Blue, UC!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #127
PK3434
Good Golly!

Last night was the first UConn game this season that I wasn't able to watch. However, the winning streak is still alive...Nice to see we can win without Price playing brilliant for once.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #128
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

Another question for JellyBean:

Am I the only one who thinks that UConn beating Duke for the '99 championship was NOT a huge upset, given that UCONN was also highly ranked, #1 for parts of that year, and a top-seed themselves?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #129
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:

Am I the only one who thinks that UConn beating Duke for the '99 championship was NOT a huge upset, given that UCONN was also highly ranked, #1 for parts of that year, and a top-seed themselves?

Probably. I mean, it may not have been as big as North Carolina State's victory over Houston in the 1983 finals or Villanova's win over Georgetown in the 1985 title game, but it was up there.

Remember, we were 9 1/2 point underdogs. Duke was, after all, supposedly was invincible. They had won 31 games in a row,with only one of its previous 17 games being closer than 15 points. So for us to pull off that win, to me, it was an upset.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #130
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does anybody know when Slice'n Dyson was suspended? Because I'm pretty sure his infraction had gotten a 45-day suspension.... so I think its almost up.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #131
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Does anybody know when Slice'n Dyson was suspended? Because I'm pretty sure his infraction had gotten a 45-day suspension.... so I think its almost up.

Yeah it should be soon. I thought that it was up at the end of the month (Feb).
Old 02-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #132
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:

It's a tough call. They were near-equals, both being No. 1 seeds and UConn entering the game 33-2 and Duke entering 37-1.

But Duke was just so, so dominant. UConn was a fantastic team, but Duke had NBA talent coming off the bench. Their No. 5 and 6 scorers were future 2000 ACC POY Chris Carrawell and future 2001 Wooden Award winner Shane Battier.

Their average score that year was 91.8 to 67.2. That outpaces even the '96 Kentucky team, which was regarded- rightfully so- as one of the greatest college teams ever.

Had they won that game, they'd have been in the conversation for all-time greatest teams.

I kinda liken it to the 2005 title game between Illinois and UNC, except Illinois was a little better than '99 UConn and '05 UNC wasn't quite as deep and explosive as '99 Duke.

It wasn't a huge upset in the sense that UConn that year was a national title-caliber team. They were no fluke. That was an outstanding team. It's just that they beat a team that was arguably one of the 10-15 best college teams ever.

So it was an upset, just not a massive one.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #133
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I'm starting to like this team here, they're working their way up and starting to get back to being a place you expect to be a good college team. I wanna go there in the fall, and I'm starting to get in to them now
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #134
PK3434
Good Golly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

His suspension is done on feb 24
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #135
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
His suspension is done on feb 24
Thats great to know!
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: