Here are the Top 10 SG of all-time. Its ranked so it was tough to do.
By far the easiest pick to make. No doubt the GOAT of SG since he is the GOAT period. Where do we start for his advantages. He was probably the best perimeter scorer of all-time. And arguably the best perimeter defender too. Already gives a look how good he was. Add another fact that he was one of the best rebounders for a SG too. Lets continue. Countless amounts of individual accomplisments. Has 6 NBA Championships and 6 NBA Finals MVP. Nothing else needs to be said for Michael Jordan.
Kind of hard to think of one. Lack of 3pt shoot for most of his career is all I can come up with.
Another pretty easy pick to make. Where do we start for West. He was an excellent scorer and was considered the GOAT SG for around 25-30 years. His scoring ability was matched only by a few. He was slightly above average in rebounding for a SG. He also was an excellent passer for a SG and probably the greatest. He has won an assist title and scoring title. Only SG to accomplish that. Has gone to 8 NBA Finals. Was part of one of the greatest Laker Teams ever. Has won an NBA Title and NBA Finals MVP. Also was one of the best perimeter defenders of his era.
- Not many for West either. One could be that he only won 1 title, he should've won way more. He went 1/8 in the Finals due mostly to Bill Russell and his Celtic squad. Other than that, there isn't much you can say neagative about him.
- I didn't want to give him this spot. But he deserves it. He is going to go down as one of the greatest scorers ever. And you can't deny it, people still remember Elgin's 70 point game and he did it in the 60s. Kobe's 81 will be remembered forever. And so will all the other great scoring accomplisments he has had. He is above average in rebounding and passing as well. Defense, though he might be overrated, is definately above average. And to top it all off, he has 3 championships.
- Has not had nearly as much success when Shaq left him. Team is struggling to get out of 1st round. Known as selfish many places. His career isn't done yet so longevity isn't seen yet. But thats about it. Though that team success thing is important
- One of the more underrated players of All-Time. One of the greatest all-around players ever. Could score, rebound, and pass like no other. Going 13 times over 5apg and 12 times over 6rpg. Had 7 20-5-5 years. Great athletic ability as well. Has won 1 championship.
- Championship came as the no.2 guy not no.1 guy. Although his defensive numbers were great, he wasn't really that good of a defender. Started getting hurt more later on in his career.
- Amazing scorer. One of the greatest scorers of all-time. Has won 4 scoring titles. Amazing individual player overall as well. Combo guard so good passer for a SG. One of the better passing SGs in history.
- Hasn't really had too much team success. Lacks the team concept. Has to work to take his team to the playoffs. Shoots low FG%s. Down in the low 40s. Very TO Prone. Below average rebounder for a SG. Also, not a good defender either. Lacks height for a SG as well. Many flaws overall.
- Also one of the greatest scorers of all-time. Shot over 50% from the field routinely while putting over 30ppg. Was also above average in rebounding for a SG. Overall, Great individual player. Dominated the late 70s to early 80s with his scoring.
- Wasn't that great of a passer. Also, didn't have too much if any team success. Though he was able to keep his team in the playoffs every year, never has been to the NBA Finals, thats why he isn't Top 5.
-One of the better scorers of all-time. Also one of the best players from the 60s without a doubt. Went to the All-Star Game 10 times. Was behind just the Big O and West in the 60s. Great scorer with a good mid range jumper. Was also above average for a SG in rebounding. Has won 1 championship
- Never got an All-NBA 1st team selection. Not too terrific defensively either. Played in an era that wasn't as competetive. Overshawdowed by West and Oscar. Still a terrific player though.
- One of the most influental players of all-time. Is recognized as one of the greatest and most creative passers to every play the game. Even today its amazing what he used to do. Was an absolute scoring monster in his prime winning a scoring title, and going over 30ppg. He goes over 20ppg too easily many times. Great player overall.
- Very low team success. Not much winning at all. Only played 10 years in the NBA. Very short lived. Even his Prime wasn't that long. So, short career with injuries really hurt him. And the team success. TO Prone also very much.
- One of the most talented SGs to ever play the game. Could score as well as anyone. Has a scoring title before. Could pass like PGs. And was also easily an above average rebounder for a SG. So overall, very talented. And has been to multiple all-star games and has had multiple All-NBA Team selections...
- Not much team success at all. Has never been pass 1st round. Close many times. His career isn't really done yet either. Only has played 10 years. Slowing down a little too...
- Sam Jones has more championship rings than any other Shooting Guard in the History of the Game. He has 10 rings. Only Bill Russell has won more championships than Jones. And he'd probably have some Final MVPs too since he played some big roles in his teams. He was one of the best scorers of his era. His defense was also very good. So good All-ARound player.
- Played in a weaker era. Had a lot of teammate help to get him his 10 rings. Didn't put dominating numbers for as long as Greer or the other great perimeter players of his era.