Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,847
Default Since the Dems on here love Polls

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politi...xes/index.html

Quote:
Favorable views of the Democratic Party have dropped to their lowest mark in more than a quarter century of polling, according to new numbers from a CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

Of course it goes on to say Republicans aren't faring any better.

Quote:
There are more warning signs for Democrats in this poll. Overall, 36% of registered voters who identify as Democrats or Democratic-leaning independents say they are extremely or very enthusiastic about voting next year, down from 44% who said so in September. That puts Democratic enthusiasm on par with that of Republicans, which stands at 37%.

It seems that people of both parties aren't on board 100% but vote for their party's candidate for lack of a better alternative. Seems like the atmosphere is still ripe for the populists. Is that still Bernie for the Dems?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,536
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

I think people in general are over the two party system.

But who is going to dismantle it?
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 16,510
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Iím thinking a Biden/Sanders ticket might get enough people out but Iím not sure who else could. 150 year old ticket for a party that needs young people....
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,609
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I think people in general are over the two party system.

But who is going to dismantle it?
You can't abolish a system where it requires you 1-2 billion just to become President.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
ThePhantomCreep
College star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,958
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

The losing party typically flounders in the months that follow. That's to be expected, and it won't change until the Dems rally behind a true leader (hopefully Bernie).

You should ask yourself why Republicans are polling so poorly right now. They're the ones with all the power, yes? What's wrong? Oh right, they can't govern for shit and their pet policies are spectacularly unpopular. Totally forgot.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 16,697
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Next President may indeed be an Independent. Someone who can speak to both Conservatives and Liberals.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where the Slime Live
Posts: 16,697
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
The losing party typically flounders in the months that follow. That's to be expected, and it won't change until the Dems rally behind a true leader (hopefully Bernie).

You should ask yourself why Republicans are polling so poorly right now. They're the ones with all the power, yes? What's wrong? Oh right, they can't govern for shit and their pet policies are spectacularly unpopular. Totally forgot.


Uhhh the losing party has been floundering for quite some time now. Over 1000 seats lost just under Obama alone. Bernie is not the answer.


If Republicans have all the power right now and are polling so poorly, then what does that say about the Democrats??
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,536
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
You can't abolish a system where it requires you 1-2 billion just to become President.
I know. It's gross. It'll never change.

Democracy my ass. We all saw what the DNC did to ensure the people's preferences didn't interfere with the big picture. There's no doubt that same shit goes on in the GOP, too.

It's disgusting.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #9
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year
 
KyrieTheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,774
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

I sincerely hope our next president is someone none of us are talking about because we have nothing appealing right now.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #10
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,760
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
You should ask yourself why Republicans are polling so poorly right now.
Because they aren't doing anything. The senate has passed literally nothing from the Trump agenda. The people that voted for them are pissed that they're not doing any of the things they voted for.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #11
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 19,701
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Because they aren't doing anything. The senate has passed literally nothing from the Trump agenda. The people that voted for them are pissed that they're not doing any of the things they voted for.


You guys were lied to... they ran all those smear campaigns on democrat policy which riled the base up...but when it is time to put forth their policy to make things better they have absolutely nothing to offer. You guys got tricked.


Hillary ****ed everything up...greedy clintons really ****ed democrat image. They actually put work in in congress though despite being battled at every turn by a party with no alternative solutions to offer.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #12
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,760
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
You guys were lied to... they ran all those smear campaigns on democrat policy which riled the base up...but when it is time to put forth their policy to make things better they have absolutely nothing to offer. You guys got tricked.
Not really... The vast majority of Republicans were telling the truth about what they wanted to do. When you look at things in context, it comes down to about 3 or 4 Republican senators who are blocking everything.

Susan Collins
John McCain
Lisa Murkowski
Rand Paul (sometimes)

John McCain (who conservatives have NEVER liked) is the only one who I would say outright lied to the voters. The others are voting exactly how you would expect them to.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
ThePhantomCreep
College star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,958
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Uhhh the losing party has been floundering for quite some time now. Over 1000 seats lost just under Obama alone. Bernie is not the answer.


If Republicans have all the power right now and are polling so poorly, then what does that say about the Democrats??

Translation: Please God, don't let it be Bernie!

I'll give Republicans credit - their policies are wildly unpopular and they can't govern worth a damn, yet they manage to win elections anyway. Dems should take notes.

Don't get too cocky over those state legislators either - of the GOP-controlled seats that have come open in 2017, Dems have flipped almost 30% of them. Trump's margin of victory in these seats was 19 points, which makes this even more troubling for Cheeto. This type of flipping is pretty common (Dems made huge gains during the Reagan years, for example) but typically not in areas that broke heavily for the winning candidate.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #14
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,536
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
You guys were lied to... they ran all those smear campaigns on democrat policy which riled the base up...but when it is time to put forth their policy to make things better they have absolutely nothing to offer. You guys got tricked.


Hillary ****ed everything up...greedy clintons really ****ed democrat image. They actually put work in in congress though despite being battled at every turn by a party with no alternative solutions to offer.

We were promised we wouldn't put forth any more Democrat policies.

To that, they've followed through.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #15
ThePhantomCreep
College star
 
ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,958
Default Re: Since the Dems on here love Polls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Not really... The vast majority of Republicans were telling the truth about what they wanted to do. When you look at things in context, it comes down to about 3 or 4 Republican senators who are blocking everything.

Susan Collins
John McCain
Lisa Murkowski
Rand Paul (sometimes)

John McCain (who conservatives have NEVER liked) is the only one who I would say outright lied to the voters. The others are voting exactly how you would expect them to.

Nope. They had 7 years to come up with a viable Obamacare eplacement. They came up with jack and shit. These horrible unpopular bills they've cobbled together at the last minute are a testament to their inability to govern. They did a great job demonizing the law, and a laughable job coming up with a fix.

What happened to Gump's plan btw? The one that was supposed to leave everyone "beautifully covered"? Suckers.

Rest assured, those four senators aren't only speaking for themselves when they vote "no" on these crap bills. There are plenty of others who feel the same way, they just won't come out and say it.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy