Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Default Today is the anniversary of a MONUMENTAL day in History

The day the LEADER OF THE WORLD was elected 45th President of the United States!

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 11-08-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Today is the anniversary of a MONUMENTAL day in History

Stock Market has best first year since FDR
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
UK2K
NBA Legend

UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K

They weren't too far off.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

They weren't too far off.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

I'm just going to leave this here...
Quote:

President Trump's Approval Rating Is Lower Than Any Modern President

JENNIFER CALFAS

NOV 6, 2017 5:31 AM EST

Ahead of the first anniversary of his 2016 presidential election victor, President Donald Trump has received low approval ratings that are worse than any other president’s over the past several decades, according to a new poll.

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released Sunday found that Trump has a 37% approval rating about nine months into his time as president. That’s a lower number than other president’s approval ratings at the same time in their tenures over the course of seven decades of polling, according to the Post. With a 59% disapproval rating, Trump’s approval margin is -22 — the only president to have a negative margin in decades, according to the poll.

Former President Barack Obama had a 57% approval rating and 40% disapproval rating — a margin of 17 — at the same time during his tenure in November 2009. Former President George W. Bush had a 89% approval rating and a 9% disapproval rating — a margin of 80 — at this time in November 2001. And former President Bill Clinton had an approval rating of 52% and a disapproval rating of 41% in November 1993 — making his margin 11, the lowest before Trump’s -22% margin in recent history.

Trump’s approval rating has fallen since he took office. He has faced a number of controversies while in the Oval Office, including the recent indictments that came as a result of the investigation into whether his campaign colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election, the controversial responses to a violent white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., and hurricanes that have hit the U.S. and its territories, as well as Trump’s difficulty pushing through promised legislation, like the repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act.

According to the Post‘s poll, 65% of Americans said Trump had accomplished “not much” or “little to nothing” since starting in the White House in January. Additionally, 55% of Americans said Trump was not keeping his major campaign promises — up from 41% who said the same in the spring, according to the poll.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6jKCg

Old 11-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan

Check the 'poll' above.

As long as CNN keeps predicting the GOP is falling apart, I'm going to feel just dandy knowing that the complete opposite is true.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:

This is so irrelevant that I'm surprised you keep posting this. The polls had Hillary winning in a landslide and every news outlet was reporting how nobody liked Trump and everyone was laughing at the thought.

Polls should never be trusted and you of all people should know that. I can skew a poll by polling people outside of Liberty University. Just as I can skew a poll by polling people outside of Columbia University right here in New York.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Aren't all the snowflakes supposed to go out in the street and scream or something today?
Old 11-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #11
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
This is so irrelevant that I'm surprised you keep posting this. The polls had Hillary winning in a landslide and every news outlet was reporting how nobody liked Trump and everyone was laughing at the thought.

Polls should never be trusted and you of all people should know that. I can skew a poll by polling people outside of Liberty University. Just as I can skew a poll by polling people outside of Columbia University right here in New York.

Yeah, polls can never be trusted. Most of them had Northam and Taylor winning and look what happened...

Oh wait, they won.

When are you dummies going to realize that polls are historically very accurate and what happened in 2016 was just an outlier?
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Check the 'poll' above.

As long as CNN keeps predicting the GOP is falling apart, I'm going to feel just dandy knowing that the complete opposite is true.
Polls are very reliable...are they 100% correct? No.

Just yesterday polls were correct at very impressive rate.

Even Republicans believe in polls, every campaign employs GOP pollsters, Trump used to brag about polls FFS before his numbers took a big dip...

So most of the 2016 General Elections polls were wrong, like I said, they aren't always 100% correct, but if you guys really believe they are ALWAYS wrong, well you guys are just being willfully ignorant because of how poorly Trump is doing. You guys act as if Trump curbstomped Clinton, he basically took 3 states by less than 1% of the total vote (WI, PN, MI) and she still ended up with 3 million more votes than him.

Lol at you guys thinking he can replicate that victory again, seeing as how the left has been reinvigorated, how poorly he has been at the legislative front and how badly damaged his administration has been because of the federal indictments that have been handed out and the ones still coming, plus the trials that will be happening next year.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #13
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

When are you dummies going to realize that polls are historically very accurate and what happened in 2016 was just the mainstream media in cahoots with the DNC trying to sway an electorate?

fixed

I think what UK said about people being afraid to admit voting for Trump is an underestimated statistic. I'm sure there are guys out there who either kept silent or vocally supported the opposition, even helped their wives and girlfriends make pussy hats and all, and then secretly voted for Trump.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #14
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep

When are you dummies going to realize that polls are historically very accurate and what happened in 2016 was just an outlier?

Just an outlier huh? LOL you guys are pathetic with your excuses. Even with skewed polls and 90% of the media in favor of Hillary, she still couldn't beat the Trump train. I don't know what's more pathetic. The fact that she lost, or the fact that there are people (like you) that still can't come to terms with it.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
she still ended up with 3 million more votes than him.

by winning California by 10 million votes. Sorry California but you don't get to decide who gets to be president all by yourself.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: