Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-07-2006, 04:56 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
i know more than 95 percent of this board...and thats not becasue im so great, but because i watch/play more ball than most of yall. comes with the territory son. read up.

What is the short corner when playing basketball?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
jamal
crawford, mashburn

...in my experience its a short inbounds bass rather than a heave, or a long one...what it is to you? who knows
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #18
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
i know more than 95 percent of this board...and thats not becasue im so great, but because i watch/play more ball than most of yall. comes with the territory son. read up.

when you say trenton hassell has no offense, you obviously don't watch enough basketball... sakf is a minny fan so I am pretty sure he knows a thing or two about Hassell... also I agree with him totally, that even though Hassell doesn't have range, he still has a consistent jumpshot from about 15ft. and always tries to go inside and play big... he makes alot of tough lay-ups inside... he is a nice player, only problem for me is his contract runs too long...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
...in my experience its a short inbounds bass rather than a heave, or a long one...what it is to you? who knows

The corner on the outside of the paint that touches the baseline. Might just be something my coach says though.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:

Washington gets

Trenton Hassell

Minnesota gets

Etan Thomas

Washington signs Lorenzen Wright with MLE
I'd consider it. I'd honestly rather lose Haywood than Etan, though. And I think the Wolves would be just as happy.

And yeah, Trenton was a really good scorer in college and is about average for an NBA bench player offensively. And offense isn't even a concern of his.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #21
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

I initially proposed Haywood, but I figured he must be better than Thomas since Haywood starts.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #22
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

im a twolves fan, and i have watched my fair share of trenton hassell play, and he is a great role player. every team should have a player like him, he's the definition of a team player.

he is excellent on defense, and you underrate his ability on the offensive end. NO he's not gonna score 16ppg during a season and be your go to guy, but maybe 8-12ppg

he doesnt settle for jumpshots all the time like a lot of players do now, and when he shoots that baseline jumper, he hits it 8 out of 10 times. he drives to the bucket, and isnt afraid of contact, and ive seen him make some difficult shots too.

im not sayin he'll ever make an all star team or anything, because he definitely will not, but please dont say he sucks, b/c if u think that, you know nothing about basketball.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #23
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

there's not a soul wasting time on these boards who could stay on the court against trenton hassell for 10 minutes. he would shut us all down and dunk in our mugs. against nbaers he's average at best on the offensive end, but he's lock down at the other end. give him to riley last year and he'd have been a crucial piece on a championship team.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #24
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Shandon Anderson is our Trenton Hassel. Trenton should only get like 10mins a game like Shandon every so often so that makes him even more motivated to play defense hard. Then reward him with maybe 25minutes? Dude can't play big minutes, hurts the team.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

He doesn't suck.

He's actually a good role player.

If he allowed to focus on defense for 25 minutes per game, he can be valuable.

If he only expected to give extra points, then he is valuable.

But if he is counted on being a reliable scorer, then he is not the guy for your team.

He would be a good fit for Washington, as a reserve defensive stopper, since their offense revolves around Arenas, Jamison and Butler. Hassell would be either the fourth or fifth option on the court, where he is valuable.

Thomas would be a good player for the Wolves, since he is big, takes up space, plays solid defense and rebounds. They don't have a player like that off the bench.

Wright would be a good replacement for Thomas, providing much of the same thing.

Washington hasn't done anything this summer, which is surprising since Grunfeld is a great GM.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Shandon Anderson is our Trenton Hassel. Trenton should only get like 10mins a game like Shandon every so often so that makes him even more motivated to play defense hard. Then reward him with maybe 25minutes? Dude can't play big minutes, hurts the team

Tell the Spurs that. Playing Bowen for 25+ sure isn't hurting them.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #27
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

No one would say Trenton Hassell is good............

If he was a Knick.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #28
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Hassell is an okay offensive player, below average but much better then he used to be. In fact I'd prefer him to Bowen (Bruce or Ryan) as far as offense goes. Bruce is a terrible offensive player who can only shoot the 3 from either corner, and has literally no offensive game besides spot up corner 3 pointers, dunks, and really awkward layups. Trenton Hassell can post up, drive, and shoot a little bit from short range.

BTW, Bowen actually led a second division french league in scoring, which amazes me because quite frankly I don't think he could score more then 20 ppg in a highschool league (and even if he did it would be strictly off of dunks and raw athleticism).
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #29
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

man I can't believe you guys are hating on Trenton Hassell of all people, he's frigging one of my favorite players! how can you not like a scrappy defensive workhorse, or are you all young kids who like dunks and high scoring games more than proper basketball
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #30
Twiens
lakers/raptors

ONE player scored 81 points on the Raptors this year. You seriously don't think they could use a defensive stopper on the wing?
Twiens is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: