Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #16
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Default Re: another cop murders a civilian

This is a tough one IMO.

Depends on why they stopped him.

Did they stop him because he was driving erratically? Did the driver seemed impaired? If so, I can see the argument being made that in a high speed chase, the driver could endanger other innocent lives, so I could see this as justified.

OTOH, if he was pulled over for expired tags, maybe just let him go and pick him up later?

Either way, people have to know that if you don't comply with these trigger happy cops, you are going to get shot, and nothing will happen to the police, whether it's justified or not, juries just refuse to convict, even if it looks like a cut and dried case of excessive force.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #17
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
This is a tough one IMO.

Depends on why they stopped him.

Did they stop him because he was driving erratically? Did the driver seemed impaired? If so, I can see the argument being made that in a high speed chase, the driver could endanger other innocent lives, so I could see this as justified.

OTOH, if he was pulled over for expired tags, maybe just let him go and pick him up later?

Either way, people have to know that if you don't comply with these trigger happy cops, you are going to get shot, and nothing will happen to the police, whether it's justified or not, juries just refuse to convict, even if it looks like a cut and dried case of excessive force.

These trigger happy cops? Do you have any idea the sheer number of police and citizen interactions that happen every single ****ing day that don't result in gunfire?

If someone spliced together and uploaded the video from one single day in the US that included all citizens interacting with cops that don't end up getting shot, you would be watching that video of that one single day... non stop... for the rest of your life.

Your perception is thrown off because every single time anything happens, people capture it on video nowadays and it makes you feel like it's a common occurrence. So please stfu.

I know precisely 0 people that have been shot by a cop. On top of that, I don't know a single person that knows a person that got shot by a cop. Your perception is skewed.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #18
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst

good job by the cop

nice shot
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #19
Patrick Chewing
Soldier of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
These trigger happy cops? Do you have any idea the sheer number of police and citizen interactions that happen every single ****ing day that don't result in gunfire?

It's thousands upon thousands upon thousands of daily interactions across the 50 states without a single shot fired.

Listen, I may not like cops and that authority they have over you when they pull you over, but I comply. License and registration comes out if they ask for it and I keep my nose clean, paperwork up to date, and away I go. I can flip them off and badmouth the shit out of them after I'm gone. Live to see another day.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: