Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
Back In Shape
Good High School Starter

Default The Donna Brazile book release should be interesting

Obama was an egomaniac who "leeched" off the DNC to provide gifts and travel to donors, and left the party in extreme debt. Hillary rescued it just to build it up to use as her power base, but for her power alone. Debbie Wasserman Schultz was totally incompetent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tanic-ego.html

Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: The Donna Brazile book release should be interesting

Yeah the DNC was a mess. Hillary's ego was just as bloated if not more so than Barry's. Trump's people saw right through the facade and the false polls and kept their candidate on a frantic schedule through the rust belt states that all the polls said Hillary was gonna win by 20%. I honestly think Bernie would've won those states had he not been shit on by the DNC.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
UK2K
NBA Legend

The left loved Donna Brazile a year ago.

My, things sure can change in 365 days.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Yeah the DNC was a mess. Hillary's ego was just as bloated if not more so than Barry's. Trump's people saw right through the facade and the false polls and kept their candidate on a frantic schedule through the rust belt states that all the polls said Hillary was gonna win by 20%. I honestly think Bernie would've won those states had he not been shit on by the DNC.

No doubt. I think Bernie would have steamrolled the dem primary and the general election if he had been playing on a fair field. Bernie has more crossover appeal than any major candidate in some time - even if hardcore conservatives disliked his message, they could not deny the fact that he had integrity, something that is shit for any politician these days.

At this very moment Bernie is around ~33% approval rate among republicans, which is an incredibly high number for crossover approval considering jabronies like Clinton and Trump and the rest of the major candidates are all around 5%. Even if many republicans disapprove of some of Bernies plans like free college, most agree with his most important stances like - vehemently opposing anti-worker trade agreements (NAFTA, TPP etc), breaking up the "too big to fail" banks, massively cutting military spending, creating some kind of universal healthcare system... a lot of Bernies plans are MASSIVELY popular among the general population in this country, regardless of political party.

Last edited by Nanners : 11-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #5
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
No doubt. I think Bernie would have steamrolled the dem primary and the general election if he had been playing on a fair field. Bernie has more crossover appeal than any major candidate in some time - even if hardcore conservatives disliked his message, they could not deny the fact that he had integrity, something that is shit for any politician these days.

At this very moment Bernie is around ~33% approval rate among republicans, which is an incredibly high number for crossover approval considering jabronies like Clinton and Trump and the rest of the major candidates are all around 5%. Even if many republicans disapprove of some of Bernies plans like free college, most agree with his most important stances like - vehemently opposing anti-worker trade agreements (NAFTA, TPP etc), breaking up the "too big to fail" banks, massively cutting military spending, creating some kind of universal healthcare system... a lot of Bernies plans are MASSIVELY popular among the general population in this country, regardless of political party.
Sanders would have handily beaten Trump if they had let him through, not that I claim he would make a better president or anything; after all, Americans deserve to have a celebrity as their president. Reap what you sow.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

I agree. As a registered independent I couldn't vote in the Republican primary in NC but I could in the Democratic primary (f*cked up i know). Anyways I voted for Bernie. Populist ideas, whether to the left or right are appealing because everyone is sick of the current system. I'm willing to see what happens if we step outside the box and go all the way left or all the way right. Either has to be better than the status quo.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I agree. As a registered independent I couldn't vote in the Republican primary in NC but I could in the Democratic primary (f*cked up i know). Anyways I voted for Bernie. Populist ideas, whether to the left or right are appealing because everyone is sick of the current system. I'm willing to see what happens if we step outside the box and go all the way left or all the way right. Either has to be better than the status quo.

The problem is, if you go all the way left, the population becomes far too dependent on government to ensure that they are able to exist...

So it'll never change.

You can't give something to people for an extended period of time and then take it away. They become conditioned to expect their freebies.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
The problem is, if you go all the way left, the population becomes far too dependent on government to ensure that they are able to exist...

So it'll never change.

You can't give something to people for an extended period of time and then take it away. They become conditioned to expect their freebies.

I was thinking primarily in terms of healthcare. Either go totally private or totally public (single payor). Too me only someone like Bernie could accomplish the latter. The other Dems would stay slaves to insurance and drug companies.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:

qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: