Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #31
Lambruh
COOKIE MONSTER
 
Lambruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 471
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

none of my Lakers player are even all-star worthy so i'm not going to vote
Lambruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #32
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 17,940
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
1. Harden
2. Kyrie
3. Lebron
4. Porzingis
5. Giannis

Players with losing records don't belong on this list, especially when one of them has a stacked roster.

stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #33
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 20,878
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Reggie Jackson for MVP
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:21 AM   #34
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,627
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Reggie Jackson for MVP
The 4th best player in the starting lineup
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:46 AM   #35
comerb
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,855
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

1) Harden
2) Giannis

Nobody else is in the same building.

Last edited by comerb : 11-11-2017 at 01:51 AM.
comerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #36
SamuraiSWISH
Banned
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,449
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Giannis has no business being an MVP candidate playing in the weakest version of the now even more depleted East, of all time, with his team not even being .500 so early in the season.

Giannis is the definition of hollow numbers. People ride AD for not getting W’s and he plays in the west. Double standard much?

Harden, because he’s one of these regular season kings, should be in first place. Followed by Kyrie honestly. It’s impressive the Celtics record missing one of their best players and Irving is leading them.

At this point after the past 2 seasons with the surge in usage rate of certain guys, the ridiculous stat lines aren’t a selling point anymore in this high pace and space league.

Being the best player on a team while leading them to victories should be the barometer for MVP. But not on a team where the best player is arguable, see GSW
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #37
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 20,878
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Giannis, prior to yesterday had an on/off of +19.4 and he was +13 in a game his team won by 7 last night.


Kyrie before yesterday had an on/off of -0.5, and he was a -6 in a game his team won by 3 (to be fair he didn’t really play because he got hurt)


Using wins is a silly argument. Giannis can’t score from the bench
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #38
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,627
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Giannis, prior to yesterday had an on/off of +19.4 and he was +13 in a game his team won by 7 last night.


Kyrie before yesterday had an on/off of -0.5, and he was a -6 in a game his team won by 3 (to be fair he didnít really play because he got hurt)


Using wins is a silly argument. Giannis canít score from the bench
Giannis is AD 2.0 so far this season. There's no point in getting goat numbers when it doesn't get you wins, and his team is better than the Pelicans the last few years in a worse conference. The only difference is they got even better now with Bledsoe joining them. I don't want to hear any "can't score from the bench" excuses.

I like watching Giannis play, but people on a high of the moment right now.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #39
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 20,878
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Giannis is AD 2.0 so far this season. There's no point in getting goat numbers when it doesn't get you wins, and his team is better than the Pelicans the last few years in a worse conference. The only difference is they got even better now with Bledsoe joining them. I don't want to hear any "can't score from the bench" excuses.

I like watching Giannis play, but people on a high of the moment right now.
Stating facts isn’t “making excuses”.

Work on your analytical skills, slugger.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #40
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,627
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Stating facts isnít ďmaking excusesĒ.

Work on your analytical skills, slugger.
Thanks for completely ignoring the rest of the post.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:01 PM   #41
SamuraiSWISH
Banned
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,449
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Giannis is AD 2.0 so far this season. There's no point in getting goat numbers when it doesn't get you wins, and his team is better than the Pelicans the last few years in a worse conference. The only difference is they got even better now with Bledsoe joining them. I don't want to hear any "can't score from the bench" excuses.

I like watching Giannis play, but people on a high of the moment right now.
Bingo.

Healthy AD is still easily better than Giannis ... it’s just a durability thing at this point. And he gets critiqued far more in a way better conference for not racking up wins or getting in the playoffs consecutively.

If AD was on the Bucks in place of Giannis the past 4 years they’d be in the playoffs every year and probably get to the 2nd round in the East.

Giannis isn’t playing with scrubs. And comparing to his leastern conference opposition? He’s golden.

Oh big deal Kyrie had a bad game and Boston won. That all of a sudden means he isn’t their best player or hasn’t been tremendously impactful in leading them to the best conference record on an entirely new team? Afraid not.

Don’t listen to any LeBron Stan like RRR3 making a biased case against Kyrie. They have every rooted, vested agenda in the world to hate on what he’s doing right now.

Seeing as how he left, Cleveland is garbage and Boston is now the best team in the East handily and second best in the league in general. They’re afraid of the correlation as it pertains to LeBron.

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #42
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,765
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

You know Giannis is the real deal when he already has his nieche of retarded haters: "not enough wins yet hurr".
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #43
hold this L
Curry 2 > 1 LeBronze
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,627
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Bingo.

Healthy AD is still easily better than Giannis ... it’s just a durability thing at this point. And he gets critiqued far more in a way better conference for not racking up wins or getting in the playoffs consecutively.

If AD was on the Bucks in place of Giannis the past 4 years they’d be in the playoffs every year and probably get to the 2nd round in the East.

Giannis isn’t playing with scrubs. And comparing to his leastern conference opposition? He’s golden.

Oh big deal Kyrie had a bad game and Boston won. That all of a sudden means he isn’t their best player or hasn’t been tremendously impactful in leading them to the best conference record on an entirely new team? Afraid not.

Don’t listen to any LeBron Stan like RRR3 making a biased case against Kyrie. They have every rooted, vested agenda in the world to hate on what he’s doing right now.

Seeing as how he left, Cleveland is garbage and Boston is now the best team in the East handily and second best in the league in general. They’re afraid of the correlation as it pertains to LeBron.

RRR3 is actually one of the more fair Lebron fans (well like one of the 2-3 sane ones lol) on ish. Even though I disagree with the manner he ranks MVPs (ie, perennial losers deserve to win a top player in the league award)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
You know Giannis is the real deal when he already has his nieche of retarded haters: "not enough wins yet hurr".
The argument becomes prevalent only for two reasons, when people want to crown him an MVP or say he's top 3-4 in the league. The guy is going to likely win at least one MVP in his career because he's just that fvcking good. But he plays in a piss easy conference with a pretty good team that just got stronger in the last few days. The biggest issue they have is one of the weaker coaches in the league. I don't know anyone that thinks Giannis is an ok player, he's a beast. Him, the Philly-duo, Celtics, and the Unicorn are going to make the East relevant again for the next decade.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #44
Back In Shape
Good High School Starter
 
Back In Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 971
Default Re: Top 5 MVP list as of today...

OP was pretty much spot on. You might want to jostle the positions a little but why is this a big debate?
Back In Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy