Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-23-2017, 11:30 PM   #31
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Week 12 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Wilson is becoming a bit overrated, he's definitely not on the tier Rodgers and Brady are, unlike what the media has been trying to push for a while

I don't think I've seen the media push him to be on the tier of Brady & Rodgers. It's obvious to everyone that those 2 guys are the best QBs in the league.

Regardless, Wilson is a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Dak is solid, but it's obvious having the best OL & RB in the NFL during his rookie year helped him a ton, he's not the type of QB who is going to dominate a game with his arm and that got exposed with a weaker OL and without Zeke, but he's still young and has time to improve. Still doubt he will get to the level of Wilson though.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:38 PM   #32
ROCSteady
One of One

Doug Williams remains the only Black QB to win the Bowl.

Russell Wilson doesn't count.

If you're hair doesn't have the potential to be cut to look like burnt taco meat, it's void.

Wilson is a "redbone" QB
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Better weapons that can get open? Most of Seattle's offense gets open when Wilson gives them enough time by scrambling to get open. Otherwise, the WR corp is pretty close, I'd give Dallas the overall edge.

Also Wilson I think only once in his career has gotten blown out like Dak has gotten in back to back to back weeks here. That's what I love about him, he is good enough to keep Seattle in any game no matter what.

Russ is great and keeps Seattle in a lot of games because of his ability...but Russ has played with a historically great defense for his entire career. Him being "good enough to keep Seattle in any game" sometimes doesn't take a whole lot.

Just this season, Seattle's offense has had sub par performances and didn't get blown out because of defense/match-up.

Week 1 - Only scores 9 points against GB. Only lose by 8 because the defense held Rodgers to 17.
Week 2 - Only scores 12 points against SF. They win because of the defense and a terrible SF offense.
Week 5 - Only scores 16 points against LAR. They win because the defense holds them to 10.
Week 8 - Only scores 14 points against WAS. They lost by a FG despite the defense holding them to 17.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #34
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

The OL sure doesn't look as solid as last season, but I wonder how much Dak misses having Romo on the sidelines.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #35
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Russ is great and keeps Seattle in a lot of games because of his ability...but Russ has played with a historically great defense for his entire career. Him being "good enough to keep Seattle in any game" sometimes doesn't take a whole lot.

Just this season, Seattle's offense has had sub par performances and didn't get blown out because of defense/match-up.

Week 1 - Only scores 9 points against GB. Only lose by 8 because the defense held Rodgers to 17.
Week 2 - Only scores 12 points against SF. They win because of the defense and a terrible SF offense.
Week 5 - Only scores 16 points against LAR. They win because the defense holds them to 10.
Week 8 - Only scores 14 points against WAS. They lost by a FG despite the defense holding them to 17.

But Wilson has proven time and time again that he can take over a game with his passing. Seahawks still have a top 10 offense and that is with having a bad O-Line and having a bad rushing attack, why do you think their offense is still top 10 despite these flaws? Wilson is top 3 in the league in both passing yards & passing TDs.

And it's not like their defense is all that great like it used to be either.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers : 11-24-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:07 AM   #36
GP_20
Glove

Quote:

And what has happened each time the defense allows a lot of points? They have allowed 30+ 3 times this season, Wilson has led the offense to:

27 points
41 points
31 points

in those 3 games. And that just proved my point. Sure his defense has been great and he hasn't needed to do much, but each time his defense hasn't been great he has stepped up. Seahawks defense as good as they have been have been in plenty of shootouts, but Wilson has still always done enough to give Seahawks a chance to win.

Last edited by GP_20 : 11-24-2017 at 01:12 AM.
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #37
GP_20
Glove

I honestly don't see how any QB healthy right now is as good Wilson. You compare him to Brady this year, Wilson has better numbers with far far FAR worse supporting cast. His weapons are NOWHERE near as good as Brady's, his OL is far inferior, worse running game, and the coaching staff especially OC is far worse. And despite all these disadvantages, he has put up better numbers.

Only a healthy Rodgers can rival Wilson right now
Old 11-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #38
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
But Wilson has proven time and time again that he can take over a game with his passing. Seahawks still have a top 10 offense and that is with having a bad O-Line and having a bad rushing attack, why do you think their offense is still top 10 despite these flaws? Wilson is top 3 in the league in both passing yards & passing TDs.

And then you look at Dak and the Cowboy's offense without Zeke
And Dak still has a better running game and offensive line than Wilson

Dak isn't in the same league as Wilson really. Never was. Just laughed everytime these "analysts" or cowboy fans thought he was better
Old 11-24-2017, 01:18 AM   #39
GP_20
Glove

It's actually pretty magical. I come into every Seahawks game knowing, no matter how bad our OL is, no matter how bad our running game is, no matter how many points our defense allows....like everyone else can just play terrible in this "team" game

But Russell Wilson still will keep us in the game and we will have a shot to win it in the 4th. He is that good. We won't get blown out.

In 4 years, I have been wrong about that just once. It's pretty amazing

Last edited by GP_20 : 11-24-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:24 AM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
And what has happened each time the defense allows a lot of points? They have allowed 30+ 3 times this season, Wilson has led the offense to:

27 points
41 points
31 points

2 losses and 1 win. Sure his defense has been great and he hasn't needed to do much, but each time his defense hasn't been great he has stepped up. Seahawks defense as good as they have been have been in plenty of shootouts, but Wilson has still always done enough to give Seahawks a chance to win.

And in the results of those games was:

L 27-33
W 41-38
L 31-34

Dak threw 3 TDs in close losses when the Cowboys score 30 or more this season too.

I'm honestly not even sure what I'm arguing about with you right now tho lol. Russ in without a doubt a top 5 QB. Prob #3 after Rodgers and Brady.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:27 AM   #41
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
And in the results of those games was:

L 27-33
W 41-38
L 31-34

Dak threw 3 TDs in close losses when the Cowboys score 30 or more this season too.

I'm honestly not even sure what I'm arguing about with you right now tho lol. Russ in without a doubt a top 5 QB. Prob #3 after Rodgers and Brady.

Right, and were just talking about keeping the team in the game. So basically we established, sure his OL and running game is terrible every week, but even when the defense plays terrible, he STILL keeps his team in the game. That was all I said and that is what you tried to attack.

How great is that? Everyone in this "team game" can shit the bed, and we have a quarterback SO great that he will still give us a shot to win it at the 4th.

Oh, and, and he has been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL (Yards/TDs/Rating).
Old 11-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

How many times did Wilson prove that halfway through his second year? He's a beast but can we at least compare Dak to an appropriate version of Russ?

I think Russ is amazing to be clear. But its absurd that we are gonna kill Dak right now after 1.5 season because he had 2 bad games.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:33 AM   #43
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
How many times did Wilson prove that halfway through his second year? He's a beast but can we at least compare Dak to an appropriate version of Russ?

I think Russ is amazing to be clear. But its absurd that we are gonna kill Dak right now after 1.5 season because he had 2 bad games.

Dude, Wilson by his 2nd year had already proven himself and done things so amazing Dak can't compare. He was a SB champion by his 2nd year. And when Wilson was put in a situation like Dak (lost Lynch middle of season, lost Graham too so had worse weapons, OL, and running game than Dak)....he still dominated and carried Seattle to playoffs

No one is writing Dak off of 3 games (not 2)...but the Cowboy's offense has performed at historically low levels....thats pretty damn bad when you are setting history of how bad you suck....

So its a guy leading his team to historically worst offenses with better supporting cast (much better) 2nd year vs. a guy dominating in his 4th year.....trust me, 1-2 year doesn't make that much of a difference

I'm still saying Dak is a good QB which equates to about average starting QB in the NFL

Last edited by GP_20 : 11-24-2017 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:44 AM   #44
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Right, and were just talking about keeping the team in the game. So basically we established, sure his OL and running game is terrible every week, but even when the defense plays terrible, he STILL keeps his team in the game. That was all I said and that is what you tried to attack.

How great is that? Everyone in this "team game" can shit the bed, and we have a quarterback SO great that he will still give us a shot to win it at the 4th.

Oh, and, and he has been the best 4th quarter QB in the NFL (Yards/TDs/Rating).

I don't think I tried to attack anything. I started out trying to show that a couple of bad games from Dak doesn't mean that much... because even a QB as good as Russ has bad games.

But seriously, Seatle easily has better weapons than Dallas this year. Dez is a corpse, Beasley is nothing, Witten is 45 years old. Meanwhile, Seattle has Doug Baldwin who is still legit, Jimmy Graham who is still a red zone threat, and Lockett/Richardson are at least dangerous.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:52 AM   #45
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

My post was intended to defend Wilson, nothing else. I already stated in a previous post that Dak is still young and has time to improve.

Although I also believe that Wilson came into the NFL as a better pocket passer than Dak, very accurate on all his throws also more mobile and can avoid the pass rush better than Dak. Prescott sometimes has trouble with accuracy when he is throwing it deep, something I noticed in his rookie year, of course it's something he can get better on.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: